Thread: You know you're getting old....

• Facebook
  • Display

You know you're getting old....

I've always heard you know you're getting old when playboy centerfolds are YEARS younger than you, been there done that....

This weekend was a first for me, I'm an usher at Kyle field were I get to see my Fightin' Texas Aggies go to battle....we have this new exciting player, Johnny Manziel, he was born when I was a freshman in High school.....

During one of the t.v. time outs they showed a special on Dat Nguyen, I was like HELL YEAH he's the MAN! When I was in school at A&M he was a beast of a linebacker, all over the field....well after the special runs, I hear all these current students in the stands, they are like, "Dat who...who was that...?"

I felt OLD in an instan-second.

Gig 'Em Aggies!

Gus '99

LMAO yeah father time does it to us all. For me its coming soon too. 's basketball senior class was either 1 or 2 years old when this happened:

Just to think in 1-2 years NOONE playing college hoops was even alive when the greatest game ever was played.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    I don't think that was the greatest game ever anymore.

I think the 6 OT game between Syracuse and Connecticut was a bigger game since it was in the conference tournament.

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    LMAO yeah father time does it to us all. For me its coming soon too. 's basketball senior class was either 1 or 2 years old when this happened:

Just to think in 1-2 years NOONE playing college hoops was even alive when the greatest game ever was played.
    I remember that like it was yesterday!

Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post

I think the 6 OT game between Syracuse and Connecticut was a bigger game since it was in the conference tournament.

Let me get this straight, your argument is that a conference tourny semi-final (loser season continues via at large bit for the national title) > Elite 8 game (winner advances to Final 4 loser is FINISHED)?

To determine the "greatness" of a game you must look at 3 key factors: (1) Championship Importance; (2) Well Played; (3) Drama

The biggest problem with the 6OT game is it didn't have National Title importance compared to the Kentucky Duke game. Moreover, its been awhile since I watched the whole 6 OT game but I seem to recall it being not as "well played" as the Duke Kentucky tilt (but lets call that factor a draw). Finally, although there was lots of drama in the 6 OT game it ended with a thud as won by double digits compared to Kentucky scored what appeared to be a game winning 2 point shot only to watch Duke go the length of the floor and drill a 17 foot jump shot as the horn sounded to win the game.

Look the 6OT game was a great game but NO WAY does it even approach the same conversation as the v. game of 1992.

On the bright side you are both wrong.

Championship Game, final buzzer shot/dunk and an underdog win. "Cardiac Kids" versus "Phi Slamma Jamma."

Last edited by bdoughty; 10-22-2012 at 04:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
    On the bright side you are both wrong.

Championship Game, final buzzer shot/dunk and an underdog win. "Cardiac Kids" versus "Phi Slamma Jamma."

Ninja'd

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post

Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post

duke/kentucky is the greatest game ever in college basketball.

syracuse/uconn may be the most exciting game ever

You're all wrong!

Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    You're all wrong!

Oh you want to go there.

Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
    Oh you want to go there.
    For real?