Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: College Football 2012 Week 7

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by SCClassof93 View Post
    why?
    Uniform details provided by Under Armour:

The SC Battle Gray uniform was inspired by a battleship, taking cues from the color and incorporaing it along with the SC Garnet and custom SC camo pattern.

The camo pattern, which is South Carolina to the core, incorporates the Palmetto Tree and Crescent moon into the design and is a nod of respect to the strong military presence in the state.

The uniform is a fusion of military inspiration and new-school Under Armour innovation and design.

http://www.gamecocksonline.com/blog/...ng-vs-lsu.html

Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
    Yay! We're gonna get beat by a less shitty Texas Tech defense. AWESOME!
    Edited for accuracy and for all the couches that will be burned tonight in effigy.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
    Edited for accuracy and for all the couches that will be burned tonight in effigy.
    Incorrect. It's WVU's normal "We think we're awesome when, in actuality, we only win when we play with emotion" game. Zero emotion means we try to hard and don't take what defenses give us. Geno has missed 4 passes, at least that he'd normally NAIL, on the money.

Texas Tech 28 - West Virginia 7

This could have been the 2012 Heisman winner.

Last edited by bdoughty; 10-13-2012 at 04:06 PM.

Texas Tech 35 - West Virginia 7

Stanford 10 - Notre Dame 3

Stanford got screwed on that last call. See you in two weeks Irish.

Very proud of this Irish team. They'll falter at some point, but it's been a great season nonetheless.

Go Irish!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    I swear to god I don't know why I watch this fuckin' team. They're so god damn predictable it makes me sick. EVERY YEAR, they implode against a shitty team (and Texas Tech is a shitty team - they'll be lucky to win two more Big 12 games all season).

Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
    I swear to god I don't know why I watch this fuckin' team. They're so god damn predictable it makes me sick. EVERY YEAR, they implode against a shitty team (and Texas Tech is a shitty team - they'll be lucky to win two more Big 12 games all season).
    They have Texas at home, Baylor at home and Kansas at home, not to mention a game against TCU w/o aquality QB. Pretty sure you are going to miss the mark on that prediction but since you are in mourning, I will let it slide. Obviously your judgement is clouded by the smoke coming off the couches burning on your street.

is AWFUL

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post

is shitty
    Fixed for mors
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    Fixed for mors
    It's now also more accurate as well.

i was on the video board!!!

A couple parting thoughts from the late games. Is it really a win if you give up 49 points to Indiana? I also imagine our resident A&M fan spent the last 2 hours of the game tonight tearing chunks of hair out. That was not SEC defense on display tonight.

Also speaking of not playing defense, this would be my pick for failure of the week. When the best tackle on the video is the referee running over a Longhorn player on the sideline, it is time to go back to the fundamentals in both tackling and where to stand on a sideline (Longhorn player that got knocked on his ass was flagged for a sideline penalty, to add even more shame).

Last edited by bdoughty; 10-14-2012 at 03:10 AM.

A couple parting thoughts from the late games. Is it really a win if you give up 49 points to Indiana? I also imagine our resident A&M fan spent the last 2 hours of the game tonight tearing chunks of hair out. That was not SEC defense on display tonight.
    Entered the game averaging 32.8 points per game, had the Big Ten's #1 passing offense with 305.2 yards per game, and were playing on their own home field. I'd say that all helped Indiana play a great game. Plus Indiana isn't exactly the conference whipping boys of years past. Scared the piss out of Michigan State (had leads of 17-0 and 27-14 and made Sparty have to score 17 points in the second half to escape with a win). In this case, it was Indiana making the furious comeback, but still, they're a talented team. Just like Iowa State, no longer just bending over and giving teams 40+ point wins. The MAC and Sun Belt are either beating or scaring the living shit out of teams from the power conferences. Shit's changing all over the college football landscape.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Entered the game averaging 32.8 points per game, had the Big Ten's #1 passing offense with 305.2 yards per game, and were playing on their own home field. I'd say that all helped Indiana play a great game. Plus Indiana isn't exactly the conference whipping boys of years past.
    They are still 0-3 in conference, lost to Ball State at home and their non-conference schedule could have been a contestant on Cupcake Wars. No conference wins since 2010 and only 3 conference wins since 2008. When they win 2 conference games in a year you can PM me about their prowess on the gridiron in the 4th best conference in the nation.

They are still 0-3 in conference, lost to Ball State at home and their non-conference schedule could have been a contestant on Cupcake Wars. No conference wins since 2010 and only 3 conference wins since 2008. When they win 2 conference games in a year you can PM me about their prowess on the gridiron in the 4th best conference in the nation.
    I was just saying, this isn't the same old inept Indiana of previous years. Took Michigan State and Ohio State (two of the best teams in the conference) right down to the final minutes.

South Carolina was outplayed on both sides of the ball last night by LSU. Hopefully they can put the loss behind them because the Gators are up next.

Is it really a win if you give up 49 points to Indiana?
    Our defense is thin. Our leading tackler was also our starting fullback. And they haven't been playing good defense all season. So yeah, I'll take it. A win is a win.

Not like it really matters anyway We could go 12-0 this year or 0-12 and relatively the same effect.

I also imagine our resident A&M fan spent the last 2 hours of the game tonight tearing chunks of hair out. That was not SEC defense on display tonight.
    Considering how many times A&M gave up double-digit leads last season, I'll take giving up a double-digit lead and winning. They may not be a Bama-esque defense (who is -- nobody), but there have been plenty of poor defensive performances in the SEC this year.

you can PM me about their prowess on the gridiron in the 4th best conference in the nation.
    Yeah, 'cause Oklahoma's never had poor performances because of injuries, right? Or down years in the Big 12?
    Last edited by JeffHCross; 10-14-2012 at 10:33 AM.

This isn't a shot at bdoughty's Sooners, but instead a shot at ESPN's hype machine (and, indirectly, how fans around the nation think about their teams). Oklahoma just happens to be an example (so don't get all riled up ):
    Oklahoma looked like the national title team (and then some) many expected them to be before the season. Texas looked like a disappointment.
    Team that played bad: Not who we thought they were! Team that dominated them: Clearly who we thought they were!

I know football (and all sports) is not even close to a science, and there are tons of books and ideas on how to effectively rate teams. But it's humorous, at best, that Oklahoma is getting credit for dominating Texas (as we thought they were), while Texas is being taken down a peg or two (or twelve) in everyone's mind. A few paragraphs later the writer even mentions that Texas's defense was "overrated".

Case in point ... Oklahoma is now playing like a "national title team". Where were the statements about them being a "national title team" after they whooped Texas Tech? Texas Tech may have the better defense (and offense), after all.

Branding. Is. Everything.

(FWIW, after last week's victory, Oklahoma was a "Big 12 title contender" and Texas Tech's defense was "good".)
    Last edited by JeffHCross; 10-14-2012 at 10:46 AM.