Thread: TGT PS3 NCAA 13 OD - 2013: Week 5 (REPLAY)

• Facebook
  • Display

TGT PS3 NCAA 13 OD - 2013: Week 5 (REPLAY)

The week will advance again on Sunday night, October 7.

There are no User v User Games this week.

Off-week: Tulsa (Escobar), Pittsburgh (HANDSWARD), Arizona State (psusnoop)

Good luck!

Before the OD loss, the week was advanced via the web so there was no Wk 6 save file to spawn the new OD from. The good news is that everyone has games vs. CPU (or a BYE), so feel free to replay your game until you get the previous outcome or win.

Apologies for having to replay Week 5, but I will do all future advances from the console so we have a save file in case the problem happens again.

No problem Chris, ill recruit tonight after my game against jb in sbcol.

Quote Originally Posted by psusnoop View Post
    No problem Chris, ill recruit tonight after my loss against jb in sbcol.
    Fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Fixed.
    Not a chance, this will be a grudge as coaches here didn't even shake hands prior to the game. Look for both coaches to open things up!!

Rallied to defeat Arizona 28-27. Game freezes in postgame..... How aggravating.

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    Rallied to defeat Arizona 28-27. Game freezes in postgame..... How aggravating.
    ouch that hurts, I'll be recruiting tonight as I completely forgot to do so after accepting the invite last night

My recruiting is done, but it appears we are still waiting on people to accept their invites

Loads of games left to play

Well one good thing came out of the reboot of week five

I got an instant recruit DE 81 OVR, and I ended up beating Texas Tech this time, with a lot of recruits in attendance.

The second time proved to be the charm -- Cal upset #1 USC 28-25 in overtime, after a wild fourth quarter. Cal controlled the first three quarters of play with its methodical, ball-control offense, and it opened up a 17-6 lead after three quarters. Early in the fourth quarter, however, USC scored on a 4th-and-13 from the Cal 42-yard line, as Cal's safeties ignored the possibility of a deep ball. After the Bears picked up a couple first downs and burned some clock, they punted, pushing USC back to its own 3-yard line with roughly 3 minutes to go. Of course, on the first play of USC's drive, the Trojans again went for the deep ball, and they hauled in a 97-yard bomb to take an 18-17 lead. On the ensuing drive, after picking up a key 4th-and-inches conversion, Cal QB Allan Bridgford connected with wideout Kenny Lawler for a 28-yard gain, and then Darius Powe hauled in a jump ball near the 5 yard line and waltzed in for a 37-yard touchdown with 46 seconds left. Bridgford found freshman tight end Trey Bridges for a two-point conversion to extend Cal's lead to 25-18.

USC again marched downfield, with Marquise Lee hauling in three passes. In the closing seconds, and facing 4th down from the 12-yard line, USC QB Jesse Scroggins scrambled and was tackled inside the 1-yard line. The Trojans scored with one second remaining to force overtime. The Bears failed to pick up a first down, but they nailed a 42-yard field goal to take the lead. USC's 96-rated kicker missed a 38-yard field goal, ending the game.

Cal also celebrated the commitment of Maurice Jackson, the #2 rated CB in the country.

Sorry guys, hadn't checked back in a bit. Didn;t know we were back up and running. I will get on shortly and TCOB.

Rutgers done for the week.

In the second replay, UCLA gets down to the Zona 15 tied at 28 all in the 4th. As they line up the kick and attempt to call a TO with :02 remaining....the game will not let them call either of their two remaining timeouts - and they go on to lose in OT 35-28. I guess winning this game was not meant to be between the OD crash and then the freeze on the first replay.

Went from a 35-7 win to a 14-33 loss. ...and 7 of my 14 points came from my D.