Page 53 of 60 FirstFirst ... 3435152535455 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 1194

Thread: Current Events

• Facebook
  • Display
    Start warming up old Sparky.

Just put a bullet in the back of her head and save everyone a lot of trouble.

If they don't bitch slap her with murder charges for everyone who was kill and attempted murder for everyone injured, that DA deserves to be shot.

Parades are dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    If they don't bitch slap her with murder charges for everyone who was kill and attempted murder for everyone injured, that DA deserves to be shot.
    Another death to bring the total to four. Two year old died last night.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    Parades are dumb.
    Drinking and driving is dumb. Parades are more annoying than anything, to those not involved in them.

Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
    Drinking and driving is dumb. Parades are more annoying than anything, to those not involved in them.
    Drinking and driving is dumb. Parades are dumb too.

Unless they can prove it was an intentional act they won't get a conviction for Capital Murder/Murder 1 charges.

I'm not sure of this in Oklahoma but allot of states only permit the state to bring a Murder 2 charges (life) IF (and only if) it is the defendant's 2 (or more) DUI.

Assuming Oklahoma has "normal" DUI laws - the most that could be charged is Voluntary Manslaughter (or some states have a "special" crime for death by dui) IF it is her 1st DUI charge.

EDIT: note it appears OK has somewhat "Normal" DUI laws as I was able to find a Murder 2 charge for a 2nd DUI defendant. Judge sentenced her to 25 years (max sentence for Murder 2 is life).

http://www.news9.com/story/28789898/...atal-dui-crash

This guy... likes to have a gun around the house.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/new...e41313024.html

Saturday, his deputies arrested 51-year-old Brent Nicholson of Pageland after they found thousands – their best estimate is 7,000 to 10,000 – of handguns and rifles stacked at his house and in a nearby storage building. They found hundreds more at a liquor store Nicholson runs with his father and at his parents’ home, Brooks said.

Deputies also found hunting crossbows; ammunition; taxidermed deer, elk and alligator heads; hunting mounts; tools; air compressors and more than 500 chainsaws

The 500 chainsaws may be more disturbing. Someone needs to pull out one of those radars that can find buried corpses.

Last edited by bdoughty; 10-25-2015 at 09:14 AM.

That's a shame. It's time this country starts getting serious about DUI when there's injuries or deaths involved. Especially in this case. If her blood test shows her with a blood alcohol level of something like double the legal limit, she absolutely deserves murder charges for every person she killed.

This guy... likes to have a gun around the house.

The 500 chainsaws may be more disturbing. Someone needs to pull out one of those radars that can find buried corpses.
    Wtf?

Hillbilly.

she absolutely deserves murder charges for every person she killed.
    Yep.

That's a shame. It's time this country starts getting serious about DUI when there's injuries or deaths involved. Especially in this case. If her blood test shows her with a blood alcohol level of something like double the legal limit, she absolutely deserves murder charges for every person she killed.
    I don't disagree - I was just explaining what the law usually is in this area.

We talked about this a bit in lawschool and the most you could probably constitutionally charge someone with for a death by DUI is murder 2 (life) b/c absent the specific intent of the defendant to specifically cause death/serious bodily harm to the victim(s) you just cannot get to Murder 1.

FYI - 4 counts of Murder 2. (so assuming what i read through a simple google search is correct this isnt her first dui rodeo)

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2...fied/74583002/

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    I don't disagree - I was just explaining what the law usually is in this area.

We talked about this a bit in lawschool and the most you could probably constitutionally charge someone with for a death by DUI is murder 2 (life) b/c absent the specific intent of the defendant to specifically cause death/serious bodily harm to the victim(s) you just cannot get to Murder 1.
    Fair enough. You would certainly be more knowledgeable in regards to the legality of the various levels of murder charges in regards to this case.

As for this case, something like manslaughter just doesn't seem enough. Sure, it'd be 4 different manslaughter charges and probably attempted manslaughter or something for those injured, so either way she'd be sitting in a jail cell for a long ass time. But when it comes to something like this with DUI, which is an intentional act on its own, manslaughter just doesn't seem enough.

Something I've always been confused on clw, the inmates on death row who have no chance of getting out (like 500 years worth of prison time), why doesn't someone just put a bullet in their head, get it over and done with, and free up some spots in prison?

Quote Originally Posted by baseballplyrmvp View Post
    Something I've always been confused on clw, the inmates on death row who have no chance of getting out (like 500 years worth of prison time), why doesn't someone just put a bullet in their head, get it over and done with, and free up some spots in prison?
    Because red tape and bureaucracy creates jobs and gives your tax dollars useless places to go.

Quote Originally Posted by ram29jackson View Post
    Because red tape and bureaucracy creates jobs and gives your tax dollars useless places to go.
    Or... it is because we have an appeals process. They have done studies that show 3-4% of death row inmates are actually innocent. I am not for killing an innocent man or woman.

Quote Originally Posted by ram29jackson View Post
    It damn sure isn't YOUR tax dollars!

Or... it is because we have an appeals process. They have done studies that show 3-4% of death row inmates are actually innocent. I am not for killing an innocent man or woman.
    its both. But yeah,the Night Stalker and a weirdo in Oregon I just read about, died of natural causes because someone was hoping to find the so called missing glove.

I made your point generally. Its all a mistake the way its run in the first place.