Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 Fantasy Football Thread

• Facebook
  • Display

2012 Fantasy Football Thread

It's draft season!!!!!

My first draft is Sunday, then my league is Tuesday, then I have two leagues drafting on 9/2.

I have the 2nd pick in two leagues, and looking like I'm getting Ray Rice in both. I have the 6th & 7th picks in my other two $ leagues.

I had my first draft last night. Scoring is 6 points for all TD's. 1 point for 10 yards rushing or receiving, or 20 yards passing. 6 bonus points for TD's over 50 yards or 100 yards rushing or receiving or 300 yards passing. I ended up with the 2nd pick in a 10 team league.

QB-Brees

QB-Vick

RB-Jamaal Charles

RB-Fred Jackson

RB-Green-Ellis

RB-Shonn Greene

WR-Roddy White

WR-Hakeem Nicks

WR-Demayrius Thomas

WR-Kenny Britt

TE-Tamme

TE-Coby Fleener

D/ST-Bears

D/ST-Bengals

and 2 kickers.

We start 1QB, 2RB's, 2WR's, Flex, TE, Def, and a K. We have to have the number of players at each position that I listed.

I'm sitting out of FF altogether this year... just been burnt out on it as of late.

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    I'm sitting out of FF altogether this year... just been burnt out on it as of late.
    Yeah I feel the same this year but I'm still in like 5 leagues.

Honestly though without a real "favorite" team I wouldn't even watch the NFL anymore if it weren't for fantasy. Last year all I did was watch the Redzone channel to see how my teams were doing.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    I said I was going to do that, but then I got into a keeper league that I'd been waiting to get in for like 5 years, so I'm in that and another just silly league with some friends.

Keeper league already drafted:

QB
    Tom Brady (Keeper)
    Ryan Tannehill (has a GREAT week 9 matchup against a shitty Colts team when Brady is on bye)

WR
    Stevie Johnson
    Nate Washington
    Larry Fitzgerald (Keeper)
    Sidney Rice
    Michael Crabtree
    Justin Blackmon
    Michael Floyd
    Doug Baldwin

RB
    Frank Gore
    Darren Sproles
    Willis McGahee
    Pierre Thomas

TE
    Owen Daniels

K
    Rob Bironas

Def
    Detroit

My other BS league drafts on Sunday (which I'll probably just auto-draft and just bullshit through it).

I have my draft for my money league tonight.

Last year I had the 1st pick and drafted Arian Foster

Well guess who got #1 pick this year? Hahaha

Not sure who i am going with. Torn between Rodgers and Foster again. Finished 10-3 last year and lost in the conference championship.

Had Matt Ryan as my QB but Steve Smith was the one who really saved my season

Same. I have little enough time without spending a large segment of my weekend thinking about picks.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

I haven't been in a FF league in probably 3 or 4 years. Got burnt out originally, and now work just gets in the way of even keeping track of what goes on as far as injuries and other stuff. Plus I'll be sleeping during the day on Sundays, so making "last minute changes" would be impossible.

That, and I've been burnt out of NFL football altogether for the past couple years. I'll spend all day long, from noon until midnight watching nothing but college football, flipping channels to another game during commercial breaks, etc. But NFL, unless the Broncos are playing, I just haven't cared. I don't think I've sat through a full game in the regular season, that the Broncos weren't involved in, since probably 2009. I'll watch the first quarter or first half and then end up turning it to a TV show or movie. Or as was the case for probably 2/3rds of the season last year, I just plain never bothered even turning on an NFL game at all on Sundays, usually finding a movie on TV somewhere that I found more interesting or entertaining than whatever NFL game FOX and CBS was showing (usually Lions, Browns or Bengals).

I stopped playing FF a few years ago. Yes it's true I never won nor came close but I just found it to be more fun to sit back and watch the games on Sunday Ticket rather than lose my mind on who I should start.

I've always nonchalantly played. I keep up with my roster far as making moves, subs, etc. It isn't time tasking to for me because I keep up with football news in general with the NFL. I check out the Steelers games, then an additional at the same time slot...typically I'll glance at whichever one I have a player playing in as well. With the DirecTV FF app I can get the scoring or stats anyway from it.

So our draft was lastnight for the money league I am in (I only play in 1 league every year). I had the #1 pick. 14 teams in total

QB - Aaron Rodgers
    QB - Carson Palmer

RB - Jaamal Charles
    RB - Benjarvis Green-Ellis
    RB - Pierre Thomas
    RB - Jonathon Dwyer
    RB - Isaih Pead

WR - AJ Green
    WR - Dwayne Bowe
    WR - Mike Williams
    WR - Malcolm Floyd
    WR - Emmanual Sanders

TE - Brandon Pettigrew
    TE - Martellus Bennett

K - Billy Cundiff

D/ST - 49ers

Start: 1 QB, 2 RB's, 3 WR's, 1 WR/TE, 1 TE, 1 FLEX, 1 D/ST, 1 K

Not too bad though felt like I could have done better.

Bowe burnt me last year.

It was between him or Brandon Marshall...Wanted to go with Marshall but changed my mind at the end.

Apparently I'm in another league as well that I don't even recall signing up for. The draft was lastnight and I guess it auto-drafted for...which still wasn't bad lol

QB - Phillip Rivers
    QB - Matt Schaub

RB - Chris Johnson
    RB - Darren McFadden
    RB - Pierre Thomas
    RB - Marshawn Lynch

WR - Brandon Marshall
    WR - Vincent Jackson
    WR - Eric Decker
    WR - Nate Washington
    WR - Denarius Moore

TE - Tony Gonzalez
    TE - Cody Fleener

K - Matt Bryant

D/ST - Steelers

Start: 1 QB, 2 RB's, 2 WR's, 1 WR/RB, 1 TE, 1 D/ST, 1 K

Not bad for auto-pick

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Yeah. WRs aren't very good though.

Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
    Yeah. WRs aren't very good though.
    I don't care about that league anyway.

Their about as good as yours collectively...minus Fitzgerald who doesn't have a QB yet and a draw on Nate Washington.

I think the CPU picked 3 RB's with my 1st 3 picks

Sunday is $ draft #1 of 4. Picking 6th. My wishlist:

1. Rodgers
    2. Megatron
    3. Brady

Doubt McCoy falls that far, but if he does then it will be a no-brainer, but I'm guessing have have at least those three to pick from. Then maybe hope Forte comes back to me in the 2nd round.

Just got the draft order from my former employer's league. I'm drafting 10th in a 10 team league. I actually usually like picking at the end b/c of the snake. Who should I be looking at for picks 10 and 11?

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    Just got the draft order from my former employer's league. I'm drafting 10th in a 10 team league. I actually usually like picking at the end b/c of the snake. Who should I be looking at for picks 10 and 11?
    AP might fall that far. Brees and Brady are good picks here too. You could do a 1/2 combo with Brees and Jimmy Graham. Forte isn't too bad here either.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    AP might fall that far. Brees and Brady are good picks here too. You could do a 1/2 combo with Brees and Jimmy Graham. Forte isn't too bad here either.
    Yeah I was thinking that maybe get 2 WR or a QB/WR combo. The league tends to start out very heavy RB in the draft and I figure most of the top backs will be gone by pick 10.

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    Yeah I was thinking that maybe get 2 WR or a QB/WR combo. The league tends to start out very heavy RB in the draft and I figure most of the top backs will be gone by pick 10.
    Yeah this year, only the top 3 should go RB, but they won't. I think Brees is going to lean on Graham very heavily this season. I think people will sleep on Forte. But having Marshall in the WR corps is really going to open things up for him. I'm not going to hesitate taking him with a late 1st...but none of my leagues have a late first. At #6 and #7, he might be a stretch to go that high, so I'll have to think about it.