Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Online Dynasty/Dynasty Wire Servers

• Facebook
  • Display
    Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie

Online Dynasty/Dynasty Wire Servers

Looks like they're doing something to the servers because nothing on the EA Servers is working now....

Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
    Looks like they're doing something to the servers because nothing on the EA Servers is working now....
    Their OD servers had been off and on with me all day.

I too had problems at times last night. All I did was keep hammering the retry now choice and it would finally go through.

I think they should upgrade the servers, since they are charging all these extra fees.

From what I've heard from Adam Thompson at EA, is that they have upgraded the servers. If I can find his comment on this I'll post it here as well.

Here what Adam said when I was asking him about the servers and disconnects last year in user verse user games:

Re: Online Dynasty Question

Hard to say. I don't work with server/online stuff like Online Dynasty. We did do a hardware upgrade this year that is supposed to solve a lot of those issues.
    Last edited by psusnoop; 07-15-2010 at 10:37 AM. Reason: added information

This game has had a TON of early issues with online functionality. Last night I had the game/PS3 completely lock up and every time you go to check a message the system goes to a near crawl. Allot of the online games have also had pretty significant lagg.

I never get to excited for the first two weeks of online play really. There is always going to be the lag issues at some point around release and I'd hope that come 2 weeks or so EA has this running smoothly.

Looks like no one can view my OD Dynasty Wire stuff at all. Gives people errors when I link to the stories now... (sigh)

Looks like no one can view my OD Dynasty Wire stuff at all. Gives people errors when I link to the stories now... (sigh)
    That sucks man. Beginning to wonder if this great idea in theory is going to fall flat due to poor resources/implementation.

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    That sucks man. Beginning to wonder if this great idea in theory is going to fall flat due to poor resources/implementation.
    Yeah. I think I'm just going to forgo the singleplayer OD portion and just do it offline like always. Works better for me anyway since I can take photos how I WANT instead of it choosing stupid photos and not lettings me go into practice mode and take the photos I want to take.

Am I the only one who is taking forever to load the : deleting temp files: when advancing the week. Sometimes it will take about 30 sec just now I waited 5 min. Whats even worse is its step 5 of 5.

It started yesterday sometime just acting crazy and It hasn't been right since.

Yeah. I think I'm just going to forgo the singleplayer OD portion and just do it offline like always. Works better for me anyway since I can take photos how I WANT instead of it choosing stupid photos and not lettings me go into practice mode and take the photos I want to take.
    I'll probably do the same thing. I may actually start a new one with same team and use ID's rosters

Freshman
    I cant go to dynasty.easports.com to view the wire but i can go online to my xbox and see it from there within the game But had some connection issue with the server They must have HP servers I think i need to call EA and sell them ours servers lol

When you go into Storybuilder, the first empty box says "Platform Title" and it's a required field. What does that even mean?

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    When you go into Storybuilder, the first empty box says "Platform Title" and it's a required field. What does that even mean?
    I had no idea myself. I just put what week the story was for. (shrugs)

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    I had no idea myself. I just put what week the story was for. (shrugs)
    It's the title that will appear on the console side of things. That's the only place I've seen it show up.

Freshman
    I had to download a new browser google chrome to see my dynasty my IE 7 would not see it

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    It's the title that will appear on the console side of things. That's the only place I've seen it show up.
    That's what I was about to post. I just saw it in my dynasty. Wish it would've said so on the Storybuilder page but glad to know it now.

Went down when i was recruiting... :'(
    I am willing to wait though, every game has problems the first week or two it's released. I'm loving the game and the new online dynasty look and new recruiting system a lot!

I don't wait til the game is over to do my video/photo highlights. What I do is if I'm playing against the computer in OD and I just made a good play and I know I want to take a photo or save highlight of it, I'll pause the game and go to highlights and do it right there. Instead of waiting til the end of the game. That way you can save any highlight you want and view any replay you want to take a picture from. If you wait til after the game it's hard trying to remember when you made that awesome break away run or w/e. I do go into highlights at the end of the game though and delete the ones they automatically do for me.

Hope this helps.