Thread: Favorite Playbook?

• Facebook
  • Display

Favorite Playbook?

I know your favorite playbook might depend on who you are playing with and against, but do you guys have a favorite playbook? Or do you make your own and with mostly what plays? Run, PA Pass, Shotgun, Option?

I like 's playbook mostly because of the flex formations. They seem to be just to my liking as I can see the recievers run their routes better and outside running is normally effective.

I haven't checked most playbooks this year, but I like a spread/option hybrid look, so I generally just go custom.
    I run 3 Flexbone (Normal, Twins, Tight) plus the Full House Pistol and that Wingbone for my triple option looks. I also have 3 I-Formation (Normal, Twins, Two TE) for added power, and the rest is split between Pistol and Shotgun with a couple 2 TE looks, a few 3 WR, a few 4 WR, and finally two 5 WR sets. Almost every formation has an option play of some sort to throw at the defense.

The biggest thing for me with Custom Playbooks is aligning the plays in a consistent manner for ease of play-calling. It helps a ton with no-huddle. I either set up plays as Pass - Run - Pass and then alternate Run - Pass - Run in the next row if the run/pass plays are 50/50. Most of my short passes are on the left hand side. Play-Action and Deep passes on the right. Or Runs/Passes that work the left side base formation/field are in the left/right of the playbook. Draws/Screens/Auto-Motion/Trick plays then fill in the bottom.

I took Ohio State's playbook and added Shotgun Tight + Bunch. Done! Urban Meyer's offense is just plain nasty.

So.... far and I'll prob mix and match sets from those two playbooks to make my custom PB

Tulsa's. It is pretty much my custom playbook minus the flexbone and wishbone formations.

Quote Originally Posted by I OU a Beatn View Post
    I took Ohio State's playbook and added Shotgun Tight + Bunch. Done! Urban Meyer's offense is just plain nasty.

I remember one guy just abused the Seattle play with Bunch online. He would just audible to a run or an end around if I pulled by OLB out.

For PRO STYLE I have been using Michigan St. However, I really like Idaho's ONE BACK playbook.