Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Player Models & Animations - NCAA Football 12 Wish List & Feedback

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by OSUCowboyofMD View Post
    Mouthguard, facial hair, helmets poping off, actual injuries like a broken ankle or leg and you see the actual broken leg
    I can say pretty confidently that none of this is going to happen unless the NCAA stops having to approve content.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    Good luck getting anyone to Mo-Cap that!
    HAHAHAHAHA! True

I kno im hella late on this topic but am i the only one who thinks that players run funny? I mean esp ur speed guys...their run animation looks awkard

Quote Originally Posted by RTerry25 View Post
    I kno im hella late on this topic but am i the only one who thinks that players run funny? I mean esp ur speed guys...their run animation looks awkard
    You are not late for anything, it is always a good time to talk NCAA 12 or prepare for 13

presently, the player models move too much like stick figures and their movements are stiff instead of having any natural flow or bend

how do i get the NCAA Football 10 Rosters onto madden 10

Quote Originally Posted by vick View Post
    how do i get the NCAA Football 10 Rosters onto madden 10
    Look here: http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/281372.page

Quote Originally Posted by ram29jackson View Post
    presently, the player models move too much like stick figures and their movements are stiff instead of having any natural flow or bend
    From the look of 12 videos so far this has been improved greatly imo. Now if they make players upper half "squat" when they change direction, it will look tremendously natural. My brother pointed out something I hadn't thought of in this regard, and I think he's right. He said "the timing is correct on cuts and turn for the most part, players make those moves irl all the time. The problem is that a player that is standing straight up can't make that move. If the animation is tweaked for the waist and knees to bend (bringing the top half down) just slightly, it would look natural and nobody would have a problem with the moves they make".

He's absolutely right. IRL those quick moves from right to left to avoid a tackler are quick as lightning, however if their knees didnt bend for the plant foot to support the pressure and weight they would be toast. The only time the game accounts for a bend in the knees is a defined juke or spin, when it should also be slightly less noticeable on simple change of direction. This is basically defining what Ram said as well with the natural bend and flow.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Jayrah; 06-06-2011 at 03:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    I know this has been discussed before BUT I think it needs to be brought up again.

Q. Is the field to small for the players or vice versa are the players too large for the players??? My passing game just doesn't have the right numbers. Look in an average game and you see a lot of short passes for minimal gains. These short passes put your stats more inline with reall collage games. The yards per attempt are just way too high in NCAA 11. When you run a 3 yard out pattern the reciever seems to move too far too quickly.
    2 things will change this in 12 IMHO. I think to answer your questions initially, I thought the players may have been too big for the field about a month ago, but the more I watch some videos the more I'm convinced that neither of your questions are correct. First fix from 11 is that there was too much sliding/warping on routes and just in general on 11, which made 3 steps (no matter how much momentum had to be accounted for) eat up 6-7 yards of space instead of the true 3-4. Of course this would be and is most detrimental when it is considered that the first 2-3 steps of any human in a route are shorter than when a player gets to full speed and stride by the 4th or 5th step. Actually considering that the Wr's start about a yard behind the ball, they actually eat up 1 to 1 and 1/2 more real time yards, but as far as the ratio of LOS to yards downfield it's only 3-4 yds.

The closer I watch the videos that Ben showed off for IGN (which were the most recent videos as far as gameplay to our release date with UF/FSU and Mizz/OkSt), the more that I think this problem will be mostly resolved with the simple removal of warping to a spot and the refined motion of the Wr's in the game. But to add to that, now that defenders actually react to the route they can keep short yardage plays to actual short gains, whereas in 11 they would either jump it or leave it until the play was already too far out of reach to make an immediate play.

Quote Originally Posted by OSUCowboyofMD View Post
    actual injuries like a broken ankle or leg and you see the actual broken leg, better sideline with players moving out the way when there are players going out of bounds...etc
    What the heck is wrong with you that you'd want injuries like this in the game? For one, that alone would take this game from an "everyone" rating to a "mature" rating for mild violence. For two, what the heck is wrong with you that you'd want injuries like this in the game???????? Have you seen a broken leg or arm on tv? There is nothing cool or necessary about it! It's atrocious and quite honestly I feel SO SO bad for those that have to endure that agony and misfortune. I know it's part of the game, but it shouldn't have to be. And there's NO WAY I should have to see that on my video game.

I do like the sideline animation stuff though. I'm hoping that's able to be upgraded at some point, however now that crowds are 3D, I am less inclined to care about the sidelines. They are low low low on my wishlist of future graphic updates.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayrah View Post
    2 things will change this in 12 IMHO. I think to answer your questions initially, I thought the players may have been too big for the field about a month ago, but the more I watch some videos the more I'm convinced that neither of your questions are correct.
    I think there's something fishy ... for lack of a better description ... about the entire scale of the players/field/stadium. I never thought to look around when I was actually on Ohio Stadium's field, but the perspective from the field seems off. Seems like you can see too much of the stadium from field level and facing forward.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    I think there's something fishy ... for lack of a better description ... about the entire scale of the players/field/stadium. I never thought to look around when I was actually on Ohio Stadium's field, but the perspective from the field seems off. Seems like you can see too much of the stadium from field level and facing forward.
    I agree... Also the beginning of the stands feel to far away from the field... If you look at some the stadiums they have the stand pushed to far back, it doesnt even look to scale...The same problem occurs with the endzones.... In the game they are not close enough to field, like in reality...
    Last edited by Tarhead10; 06-06-2011 at 10:26 PM.