Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread: Impressions of NCAA Football 13 Gameplay

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Monopoly = no one is able to get in

Reality = companies could get in if they want, they just don't want to.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
    This. All these companies aren't willing to spend the tens of millions it costs for the license and to make and release a college football game year after year.

Freshman
    Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    What?

You're saying the gameplay "didn't suck you in enough until the next installment" to someone who in multiple seasons into a coaching carousel dynasty with Florida International and who has been playing the game all year. The gameplay has had issues, yes, but I've still had plenty of fun and spent hundreds of hours playing NCAA 12.

And "get in line and be happy"? You apparently don't read anything on these forums. We all have called EA out about stuff before. Looks at I OU a Beatin' and Mors. They're two of the most vocal people at calling EA out about stuff. I've called EA out about stuff multiple times and just recently as this week when they didn't add onto or make any major changes to coaching carousel and custom conferences. To say that we're all yes men, we just get in line and be happy and don't call out EA is ignorant and stupid as hell.

There's a difference between calling EA out about things they've done wrong or about various issues, and hating on them because you don't like their game and want someone else to make a football game.
    I love EA really I have an account with them and all maybe even name my son cam Weber one day once I have a kid just saying I think its crap what we get. Don't seem like much time is spent into hard work. So u say u complained about a few things? So minor things like neutral sites how does that get overlooked? Or ability to hire or fire coaches who coach under you? Would u think that take a long time to addressed? Or a day of tweaking the code? I guess they will add it next yr and call it a new feature?

Quote Originally Posted by Avross View Post
    I love EA really I have an account with them and all maybe even name my son cam Weber one day once I have a kid just saying I think its crap what we get. Don't seem like much time is spent into hard work. So u say u complained about a few things? So minor things like neutral sites how does that get overlooked? Or ability to hire or fire coaches who coach under you? Would u think that take a long time to addressed? Or a day of tweaking the code? I guess they will add it next yr and call it a new feature?
    Which Dynasty addition (not presentation nor gameplay) would you have given up for either of those? Which would you rather have, neutral site games or correct socks?

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Lol. I feel like a pitbull fighting against a bunch of big bully great Danes. But it's cool. I don't mind I guess u guys have a point either shut up and don't buy it or be happy with the major improvements that don't actually exist
    I can tell you right now, I haven't liked NCAA Football since the PS2 days. I've played less and less of it as the versions have gone by. I also haven't bought an actual copy of NCAA Football since probably '09 or '10 (pirating FTW) and I haven't touched Madden at all since the PS2 days.

'12 got boring because the passing game was too easy. '11 got boring because dynasty was boring and recruiting sucks. '10 was the last game I really played beyond the first few months because of the newness of everything that was added to it. '09 was a travesty.

I'm most definitely NOT an EA apologist or just follow the line that is buying the game every year. Hell, I wouldn't be pre-purchasing '13 if it wasn't for the fact that I'm lazy and don't feel like cracking my 360 anymore (mainly because I never play it anymore). Hell, I might actually end up canceling my pre-order because I just don't feel like dealing with my shitty 360 hardware anymore.

then why is Mors even here ? You spend so much time not playing this game..but come to the site focused on it ? i dont get that?

I critique alot, but play both games constantly..or would play more but you guys localized here,on my friends list are doing something else or wont respond..I would play ncaa a heck of lot more if you guys had the disc in and wanted to play head to head..but I end up playing strangers in madden or guys who i wasted time putting on my friends list who use a 3 tight end set from their own 30 on 3rd and 5....no one freaking understands the most basic football concept....sigh

Avross, I think you have to be realistic about where your priorities fit in with the consumer. I'll go as far to say that I wonder if EA is making the right business decision by not having any 'back of the box' material for the casual gamer. To me, most of this years newness is for the hard core guys like us and not for the casual fan. It'll be interesting to see how the sales turn out. I hope sales are great so they continue in this direction. If the IGN's of the world give low scores b/c there is no back of the box selling points or 'arcading' type modes it might not be a good year for the series and next year we'll see Mascot Dynasty on the back of the box.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Freshman
    Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    Which Dynasty addition (not presentation nor gameplay) would you have given up for either of those? Which would you rather have, neutral site games or correct socks?
    Neutral sites or corrects socks shouldn't be anything EA gamers should be complaining about. It's something they should mention. a brief mention. That they have also addressed which mean just corrected things like neutral site or player socks it's like making sure players have shoe strings in their shoes or u see sky scrapers if your bowl game is in Atlanta. I'm pretty sure it don't take much time and should be taken away from the other to add those little things.
    EA is huge they have tons of resources and much money. If they wanted they would have photographers and developers at every team stadium taking pics and gathering information on what football is about its not hard I mean seriously now. If ur a team that "specialize" in this department.

Neutral sites or corrects socks shouldn't be anything EA gamers should be complaining about. It's something they should mention. a brief mention. That they have also addressed which mean just corrected things like neutral site or player socks it's like making sure players have shoe strings in their shoes or u see sky scrapers if your bowl game is in Atlanta. I'm pretty sure it don't take much time and should be taken away from the other to add those little things.
    EA is huge they have tons of resources and much money. If they wanted they would have photographers and developers at every team stadium taking pics and gathering information on what football is about its not hard I mean seriously now. If ur a team that "specialize" in this department.
    Oh man...you'll be so surprised when you get out in the 'real world' and realize how big businesses work. It's like parallel parking an aircraft carrier. Things take forever and the suits that run large corporations will sacrifice man power if it saves them a dime.

Freshman
    I sit home all day ordering parts for my 81 Malibu 454 bored .30 over and taking care of my awesome bully from all-star pits so I look forward to football season die hard UGA fan. So when EA don't deliver its disappointing. And it's been disappointing 10yrs

Freshman
    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Oh man...you'll be so surprised when you get out in the 'real world' and realize how big businesses work. It's like parallel parking an aircraft carrier. Things take forever and the suits that run large corporations will sacrifice man power if it saves them a dime.

So basically it's impossible for a game to make progress each and year and not lose things from last cycle?

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Quote Originally Posted by ram29jackson View Post
    then why is Mors even here ? You spend so much time not playing this game..but come to the site focused on it ? i dont get that?
    I enjoy talking about the theory of football and the game. I enjoy what other people do with the game (ODs and dynasty report stuff). I enjoy bullshitting about music, other video games, etc.

This place has LOTS to offer besides the same old bullshit NCAA Football game.

So basically it's impossible for a game to make progress each and year and not lose things from last cycle?
    What specifically are you referring to that we lost from last cycle?

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post

This.

Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
    I enjoy talking about the theory of football and the game. I enjoy what other people do with the game (ODs and dynasty report stuff). I enjoy bullshitting about music, other video games, etc.

This place has LOTS to offer besides the same old bullshit NCAA Football game.
    And this. TGT would NOT be the same without mors and I wouldn't want it any other way, even if mors had never played the game ever before. Some people just fit perfectly in forums like these, whether they play the game or not. Ever forum needs a mors.

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    What specifically are you referring to that we lost from last cycle?
    I miss discipline and the matchup stick from the PS2 days. I really miss the way the players moved from the PS2 days. I've never liked the player momentum in this gen and I think improving that will be the next big step for the game. I still don't feel in control of my players on defense at all. It's too twitchy. When you try to cover a punt downfield I can be down there in plenty of time but the control of the player is so bad I can't get him to stop on the marker where the ball will land. It's just frustrating. I think adding more momentum would make it easier while most people think it's the opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    I miss discipline and the matchup stick from the PS2 days. I really miss the way the players moved from the PS2 days. I've never liked the player momentum in this gen and I think improving that will be the next big step for the game. I still don't feel in control of my players on defense at all. It's too twitchy. When you try to cover a punt downfield I can be down there in plenty of time but the control of the player is so bad I can't get him to stop on the marker where the ball will land. It's just frustrating. I think adding more momentum would make it easier while most people think it's the opposite.
    Yeah, but that's not last cycle, at least that's not what I was talking about. I was referring to NCAA13 losing features from NCAA12. Last gen and this gen are essentially two different games. I agree that it's ashame that they started completely over this generation... MLB the Show and College Hoops are a testament to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    That was a great idea back when EA put it in the game, but it was poorly executed. I've made well known over the last two years that I liked the thought behind the discipline system, but it was executed horribly in game. When I have to decide between how many points to put towards training, recruiting and discipline, and I have to put ALL my points in discipline and I still can't even get past week 8 without running out of points and having the NCAA rape me with restrictions for violations, it needed to be taken out as it was. If EA could ever implement it back in where it worked well and wasn't broken like it was last-gen, then I'd be all for it. Unfortunately, I think the NCAA would never sign off on that being added back into the game, not with how much they're trying to make college football look pristine and clean.

Even though I'm a pretty active part of this community, I'm one of "those guys" who have the game "ruined" by community sites. I wouldn't know or notice 80% of what's wrong with these games if it weren't for sites like this, OS, and "the unmentionable site." Not to say that the game is really ruined, it just seems like so many people nitpick about stuff and can't enjoy the game for what it is. Now, I'm old enough to know different strokes for different folks but at the end of the day, it's just a video game. I may not be happy that Southern Miss comes out of a tunnel that doesn't exist, but so what? My bills are paid, my wife loves me, and I'm healthy so I don't sweat that NCAA or Madden or whatever is as great as it could or should be.

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    Even though I'm a pretty active part of this community, I'm one of "those guys" who have the game "ruined" by community sites. I wouldn't know or notice 80% of what's wrong with these games if it weren't for sites like this, OS, and "the unmentionable site." Not to say that the game is really ruined, it just seems like so many people nitpick about stuff and can't enjoy the game for what it is. Now, I'm old enough to know different strokes for different folks but at the end of the day, it's just a video game. I may not be happy that Southern Miss comes out of a tunnel that doesn't exist, but so what? My bills are paid, my wife loves me, and I'm healthy so I don't sweat that NCAA or Madden or whatever is as great as it could or should be.

Freshman
    I'm glad they fixed the camara for madden. So when u get a pick u don't have the long pause it's more like NCAA now

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    I agree with some of this but disagree a little at the same time. Yes, to expect a game to be perfect and without bugs is having too high a standards. Sometimes we just have to let things go and stop sweating the little stuff. That's good advice for everyone. But we have to be careful how we label those who complain about the game. Some of it is not nitpicky and many of the people who complain are not plain haters but people who want a better game. It's all in the eye of the beholder. I consider myself a more critical poster but at the end of the day I'm like everyone else - I want a game I can have fun with.

We all have different opinions and I have a lot of issues with EA's game that I think are poorly done. Some will disagree with me on those topics but if we try to dismiss all the criticism of the game as nitpicking the quality of a forum deteriorates imo. On most forums debates just spin in circles while everyone tries to "defeat" the other person. One of the hardest things to do on forums is respect an opposing view point but it's necessary. I prefer balanced forums. Not fanboy ones and not overly critical ones either.