Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Follow a Dynasty Wire Online Dynasty

• Facebook
  • Display

Follow a Dynasty Wire Online Dynasty

I've created a test OD to let you guys follow along with an OD via Dynasty Wire. There's still room for a few of you guys if you want to join in and just do the recruiting and participate via the web. You'll have to be a PS3 user but PM me for the password. Heads up though that I'll be deleting this OD sometime after release.

Anyway, here's a link to the OD I'm running. Settings are on All-American gameplay, 5 minute quarters, and Varsity recruiting. Let me know any feedback.
    http://www.easports.com/dynasty?_use...5&sku=661A0001

I posted these messages in the Q&A Thread where the genesis of the dynasty happened:

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    Just noticed a problem with the online dynasty recruiting. I don't see a way to cut cpu recruiting assistance off from the website. In the preseason, I only set my board to 10 players but as soon as gschwendt advanced it a week, I had 35 people on my board. Moral of the story, if you don't want the computer messing up your recruit board online, disable it from your console.
    Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    Just did some recruiting from the web and I gotta say, recruiting from the web is pretty awesome. In fact, the whole revamped recruiting system is so easy and intuitive that I absolutely love it. I don't think it's gonna hurt work productivity though as it's pretty easy to blow through your 10 hours and then you can't do it again until the week advances.

Edit - The page still seems very buggy. As of right now, I HIGHLY advise to do all your recruiting from the console. If you say you want to talk to a recruit for an hour and the page logs you out for whatever reason or another (for some reason, I keep going back to the dynasty hub page in the middle of a call), you lose that hour without being able to do it again.

Yeah... there still are some bugs to be worked out. Looking again, I don't think they've really made any changes since earlier in the week. I can only assume that they're still working on some of the changes that Kotaku & Game Informer mentioned that they were working on. But yeah, like souljahbill mentioned, for the time being I'd recommend doing your recruiting calls from the console when possible.

For some reason its saying I'm a member already, but I can't do any recruiting or anything.

Nevermind, I'm in now. I just had to refresh.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingpin32 View Post
    For some reason its saying I'm a member already, but I can't do any recruiting or anything.
    Hmm... it's showing on the web that there are only two members (myself & souljah) but on the console it shows all three of us. I'll go ahead and advance the week and see if that doesn't let you get in.

Nevermind, I'm in now. I just had to refresh.
    Cool.

At 7:45pm central I'll be advancing to the next week.

2 things I noticed are different(not just today, but since they first 'launched' it)

a random person can no longer create a story if they are not part of the OD(at least I can't any more)
    there is an ability to report a bad title/article/etc now, I guess encase something is inappropriate.

however, the 'user control teams only' filter option still doesn't seem to work.

Can I get in this and actually play around with StoryBuilder since I have the game?

Quote Originally Posted by Solidice View Post
    however, the 'user control teams only' filter option still doesn't seem to work.
    Where are you finding that option?

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Dragon View Post
    Can I get in this and actually play around with StoryBuilder since I have the game?
    Send gschwendt a PM. He's advancing through the season pretty rapidly though. Don't know how that's going to affect your ability to play a game and generate a story quickly.

Just from my early experience with the recruiting, it is gonna be a whole lot harder to get recruits this year. I haven't got over 400 points yet on a recruit.

Just from my early experience with the recruiting, it is gonna be a whole lot harder to get recruits this year. I haven't got over 400 points yet on a recruit.
    I noticed that too. If your school isn't a powerhouse with A's and B's across the board, it's gonna be hard to earn points. The big boys are definitely going to have an easier time pulling kids in then mid-majors.

I do think I got my first recruit though. I offered him a scholarship and I got 5000 pts.

I do think I got my first recruit though. I offered him a scholarship and I got 5000 pts.
    Yeah, that means he's an instant commit.

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    Where are you finding that option?
    it's in the schedule tab, when 'by week' is selected. if I remember correctly, the same(or at least similar) filter option should be in the season stats tab, but I can't see that if I'm not in the OD.

I'll play games really quickly. SuperSim alot. I'll only play if it won't take away from the tempo.

Boom. instacommit. Another trophy.

Also gschwendt thanks for doing this.

What level are you guys recruiting on?

Quote Originally Posted by Jayrah View Post
    What level are you guys recruiting on?
    Varsity.