Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13 Demo Out Today!

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Which you shouldn't have to. Pull it back 1/4 to 1/2 way to make it move back very slowly, 1/2 to all the way to make it move back fast. I shouldn't have to sit here fighting the stick over a matter of centimeters to get it to try and move back very slowly.
    Exactly, there is nothing smooth to it, which ironically goes against how one putts. One day the TW team will learn the lesson from MLB The Show and a few other games. Just because you make something new, does not mean that everyone will like it. Leave some of the old stuff in and stop making excuses about why you can't, that gets old fast. You would think after last year and the hatred for the caddy they might have learned this lesson. I thought precision putting from last year was great, why should I be forced to use something that makes me grind my freaking teeth every time I hit the green.

The game is so ridiculously easy on the highest level (I do not think I have missed a fairway yet) until you hit the green with that awful putting mechanic.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    I am only going about 1/4 or 1/5 back. It's not that difficult.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk
    Well congratulations, good for you. Would you like a cookie?

Well congratulations, good for you. Would you like a cookie?
    No. But maybe you could use a Valium.

No. But maybe you could use a Valium.

Nah, I'm good. I could say something about where to put a valium, but I'll pass.

Nah, I'm good. I could say something about where to put a valium, but I'll pass.
    Unlike you apparently, I'm not into that sort of thing.

It still amazes me that you are throwing this big of a crybaby, pussy fit over a putting meter and now you're attacking me because I said it is possible to slowly pull back on the putter.

Whatever, dude.

I need to download this now

Looking forward to hopefully thing being different from last version

I am not really feeling it right now. Do not like the fact that I cannot see how far I have to the pin. Also do not like that it just randomly sets the distance for a club. I wish they would have just changed the swing mechanic and left the interface alone.

Unlike you apparently, I'm not into that sort of thing.

It still amazes me that you are throwing this big of a crybaby, pussy fit over a putting meter and now you're attacking me because I said it is possible to slowly pull back on the putter.

Whatever, dude.

Really? Where the fuck am I attacking you? And it's not only me complaining about the putting meter. LOOK AROUND THE FUCKING INTERNET! There are plenty of others. It's not all fucking purple shit that smells like rainbow sherbet like it is in your world.

Really? Where the fuck am I attacking you? And it's not only me complaining about the putting meter. LOOK AROUND THE FUCKING INTERNET! There are plenty of others. It's not all fucking purple shit that smells like rainbow sherbet like it is in your world.
    I don't think I did anything to get you to make that dumbass cookie comment. Seriously. What did I say? That it is possible to move the meter slowly? It is.

And who cares if everyone hates it? Does that mean I shouldn't point out that it is possible to move the meter slowly?

I don't think I did anything to get you to make that dumbass cookie comment. Seriously. What did I say? That it is possible to move the meter slowly? It is.

And who cares if everyone hates it? Does that mean I shouldn't point out that it is possible to move the meter slowly?

Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't realize fucking sarcasm wasn't fucking allowed anymore on this forum. I guess I missed the fucking memo. I'm sorry oh mighty Golf Lord that my meager peasant attempt at sarcasm didn't reach your almighty fucking level. But I guess that's to be expected from us mere mortal fucking peasants.

I guess having a different opinion also isn't allowed anymore. I have an opinion about the putting meter and all I hear is "it's fine, I have no problem with it, it's not that difficult", well whoop-dee-fucking-doo, good for you. That's not my opinion on it, but all you sit here doing is trying to shove your opinion on it down my throat and then call me a crybaby and that I'm throwing a pussy fit about it because I have a different opinion about it. Am I even allowed to fucking saying anything anymore or do I have to run it through you or someone else first to make sure it matches your opinions and thoughts about something?
    Last edited by SmoothPancakes; 03-07-2012 at 10:26 PM.

Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't realize fucking sarcasm wasn't fucking allowed anymore on this forum. I guess I missed the fucking memo. I'm sorry oh mighty Golf Lord that my meager peasant attempt at sarcasm didn't reach your almighty fucking level. But I guess that's to be expected from us mere mortal fucking peasants.

I guess having a different opinion also isn't allowed anymore. I have an opinion about the putting meter and all I hear is "it's fine, I have no problem with it, it's not that difficult", well whoop-dee-fucking-doo, good for you. That's not my opinion on it, but all you sit here doing is trying to shove your opinion on it down my throat and then call me a crybaby and that I'm throwing a pussy fit about it because I have a different opinion about it. Am I even allowed to fucking saying anything anymore or do I have to run it through you or someone else first to make sure it matches your opinions and thoughts about something?
    Grow up.

It's funny that you bitch that you can't have an opinion, but when I state a fact, you shit on it. I never shit on your opinion. I tried to offer help.

As for the game, I already said, I don't think I'm getting it. I just don't like golf enough to buy this game every year.

As for you being a crybaby, when you come in crying that the meter has changed and asking why the devs had to change it, how do you think you look? "I hate it! Why in the hell did they fuck with it?" Sounds like bellyaching to me. But I never said so until you started your cookie shit.

As for shoving my opinion down your throat, I was talking, directly, to Tommy before you quoted me. I never insulted you until you insulted me.

Grow up.

It's funny that you bitch that you can't have an opinion, but when I state a fact, you shit on it. I never shit on your opinion. I tried to offer help.

As for the game, I already said, I don't think I'm getting it. I just don't like golf enough to buy this game every year.

As for you being a crybaby, when you come in crying that the meter has changed and asking why the devs had to change it, how do you think you look? "I hate it! Why in the hell did they fuck with it?" Sounds like bellyaching to me. But I never said so until you started your cookie shit.

As for shoving my opinion down your throat, I was talking, directly, to Tommy before you quoted me. I never insulted you until you insulted me.

It's called me giving my opinion. And funny you telling me to grow up. You seem to need to follow what you preach with the things you say to people in the FIFA league forums. You act like a spoiled brat in that forum, no matter how hard your precious little pampered ass worked on this or that. As for the rest of this, I'm done. I can guarantee 100% what I'm about to say if I continue this post will get me permabanned.

Its hard to see when aiming the putt. When I was moving the marker around my dude is standing in the way depending on how far you move it side to side

It's called me giving my opinion. And funny you telling me to grow up. You seem to need to follow what you preach with the things you say to people in the FIFA league forums. You act like a spoiled brat in that forum, no matter how hard your precious little pampered ass worked on this or that. As for the rest of this, I'm done. I can guarantee 100% what I'm about to say if I continue this post will get me permabanned.
    Let it out, it's good for you.

Maybe if you swear a little more it will help.

Let it out, it's good for you.

Maybe if you swear a little more it will help.

Yeah, nice try. Not going to work. Your ass isn't even the tiniest bit worth getting permabanned over.

Your ass isn't even the tiniest bit worth getting permabanned over.
    Exactly, just ignore the guy.

Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
    Exactly, just ignore the guy.
    It's all good man. I've said what I'm going to say, I'm done and over it now and am not going to waste any more of my time.

Hopefully the new meters will grow on me, we'll see. Swing I have no problem with, besides one swing, I had no problems swinging during my time playing the demo. It's the putting that's the issue for me. Granted, this late in the cycle, with release a couple weeks away, I'm probably not going to pre-order the game regardless because there just haven't been enough changes to various parts of the game that I play the most from 12 to 13, and then the putting meter changes. I may get it at some point in the future, but for now I'll probably keep enjoying 12, which I still have fun playing from time to time when I manage to work it into my rotation of games.

So getting back to the real discussions on this thread

I only played 3 holes and didn't actually think about this until after I played. But did anyone notice if you have to swing a certain percentage. Like in the previous versions you had to hit your club 80% or 90%. Obviously you don't hit every club 100% strength each time. Is this controlled in the momentum of your swing?

I also noticed on putting there was a "line" where you can't aim any closer to the ball. I was on a pretty good downslope and when I tried to aim my putt it wouldn't let me aim it any shorter past a certain spot. I tried to swing as light as I could and went rolling way past the hole.

Quote Originally Posted by psuexv View Post
    So getting back to the real discussions on this thread

I only played 3 holes and didn't actually think about this until after I played. But did anyone notice if you have to swing a certain percentage. Like in the previous versions you had to hit your club 80% or 90%. Obviously you don't hit every club 100% strength each time. Is this controlled in the momentum of your swing?
    That might be something to put in the Q&A thread for Hands.