Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What Style of Offense will you run?

• Facebook
  • Display

What Style of Offense will you run?

I have always been more of a Pro style. I have always tried to be a balanced team. I have a feeling this year a lot of people will try the spread attack and who knows I might try to wing it more, but it seems like running the football will be fun this year.

I usually start off with run balanced. Once I have a few winning seasons my OC 'moves' on and I pick a new playbook. Usually GT's or Air Force

I'm usually more of a pro-style, leaning toward more run than pass offense. However, when I play with Texas Tech, well, I pass a lot with the Air Raid.

in the 360 TGTOD(or whatever initials we're going to use ) with Maryland, going to use Pro-style all the way most likely. just not sure which playbook I'll use and for that I'll need the game to see the formations that are in each playbook.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    It depends on my personnel and really my flavor of the month. Probably start with a One Back system for most of the teams I'll be playing and work my way from there.

Pro or Pistol. I'm going to try to find a playbook that seems reasonably close to the West Coast (largely Splitbacks) offense of the 1995 Ohio State Buckeyes. If I can't find one that satisfies me, I'll probably run Nevada's Pistol, as it is my second favorite offensive style.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Spread.

I may go back to the Pistol. I ran the Pistol on the '09 PS2 game and loved it. I had Nevada type rushing numbers and it was great. I'm really hoping the Pistol is better in '11.

This year i'm going to try them all out, but i'll be going Spread/Air Raid most of the time.

I'm looking forward to actually being able to run the ball out of the spread

I've been Pro-style/West Coast since the Gamecube/PS2 days and this year, I may change up to Pistol, depending on the non-option running plays. I'm not an option guy so I very rarely run one of those plays.

I've always been a pro-style two TE type of guy. I still like the I formation but I prefer two TEs. That second TE is a bigger weapon than a FB who rarely touches the ball and he also balances out the formation. If I could ever recruit a great FB I may run more two back systems and slide the FB into some ACE formations with formation subs. I think the evolution of the FB into a guy who only blocks on run downs, rarely catches the ball and averages one rush attempt per game has made the position almost obsolete. Why not just throw an extra OL out there if he's never going to touch the ball or scare anyone? I do remember the Kevin Mack days in Cleveland and even the Larry Centers pass catching days but nobody seems to want those guys anymore.

Will try the pistol before going back to my power one back offense with the idaho playbook be prepared for tackle over

This year I'm going to TRY to find a playbook that's sort of a power spread. If you watch the Holiday bowl from last year, Nebraska started to mix a combination of traditional & shotgun power formations with pulling olineman to get a lot of blockers to the point of attack. They especially put emphasis on the QB run game, running QB powers, zone reads, draws, and options. They also mixed in some playaction for the deep ball & some west coast short passing routes. I realize that's a lot to ask for, & I don't expect to get exactly what I want until they add create a play and/or custom playbooks, but the playbook I can find that's closest will be the one I use.

For me I enjoy power formations. I love to take advantage of a unbalanced line and run the ball right at you. I like double TE's and formations with FB's. I still like getting touches to my FB's, I try to get about 3-5 carries a game from a FB and I might even try to dump the ball off to them once in awhile just to keep the defense honest. I don't like passing the flats with my HB because I feel it is a disadvantage to the CPU or human because of the coverage problems but I'll do it once in awhile on first down never looking for a huge gain as much as I am to put a little doubt in the minds of the person I'm playing.
    I like running the ball 30 to 50 times a game and throwing less then 15. That is the perfect gameplan in my eyes. I also love the 3-4 defense and bring pressure from zone blitzes.

Right now I am torn between running a zone read spread offense or a power one-back offense. It will more than likely come down to the feel I have for the zone read in this years game, so far in the demo I have been pretty successful with Terrell Pyror but not as much with any of the other quarterbacks and if my offense must have superman at quarterback I will be asking for trouble.

I've also been really impressed with some of the new formations/plays for the one-back offense and it's a lot easier to find a running back that can tote the rock than it is a true dual threat quarterback.

Pryor is the only QB that I have felt comfortable with running the the zone read spread with as well Oneback. I have been trying my hardest to get that implemented into my arsenal but I'm doubting it right now. I agree it is much easier finding a HB that can tote the rock then a stud QB that you can do everything with.

In my one online dynasty I do have South Florida so I might use the zone read with them and then in the other dynasties stick to my power running game and take my chances. It is going to be a fun first week with the game to figure this stuff out.

Quote Originally Posted by psusnoop View Post
    Pryor is the only QB that I have felt comfortable with running the the zone read spread with as well Oneback. I have been trying my hardest to get that implemented into my arsenal but I'm doubting it right now. I agree it is much easier finding a HB that can tote the rock then a stud QB that you can do everything with.

In my one online dynasty I do have South Florida so I might use the zone read with them and then in the other dynasties stick to my power running game and take my chances. It is going to be a fun first week with the game to figure this stuff out.
    I agree. The first week for me will be spent figuring out what exactly I will need to be able to run the zone read. This will help me determine if I can run with it or just scrap it for dynasty play. If I were in a lesser dynasty where I could get away with running the ball all the time from the spread and I could get away with a quarterback that doesn't throw the ball well it wouldn't be an issue. In Powerhouse however, guys will figure out a way to shut down the running game so I have to be able to be balanced, which may push me towards a one-back prostyle offense.

Quote Originally Posted by ebin View Post
    I'm looking forward to actually being able to run the ball out of the spread
    This. Had a nice zone read last night with Clemson's QB who isn't all that fast, but it was picture perfect.

Believe it or not, JeffH, I tried Pryor a couple nights ago. His accuracy sucks compared to other QBs in the game, he missed several open receivers for me, but yeah, he could move.

I've tried all the starting spread QBs in the demo on the zone read and yeah, some are better than others, but the plays work if you set them up, which is cool.

I think I get to anxious on the play for some reason. Usually I think of my self as a pretty patient runner but for some reason I also rush the zone reads which as we all know, blows up on you big time. Nothing worse then 2nd and 14.

The OD I am in last for 10 months. I am going to go with the Run and Shoot for about five months, and then I will probably change to Prostyle for the next 5.