Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2010 MLB Discussion

• Facebook
  • Display

2010 MLB Discussion

This thread is to discuss the 2010 season of MLB.

Who just saw that call?!?! Jim Joyce deserves to be shot. (Tigers vs Indians) game

Quote Originally Posted by BigBlue View Post
    Who just saw that call?!?! Jim Joyce deserves to be shot. (Tigers vs Indians) game
    I'm watching the Rangers and Sox and they mentioned that Galaraga was robbed with 2 outs in the ninth and a perfect game on the line. Crazy!!

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    I'm watching the Rangers and Sox and they mentioned that Galaraga was robbed with 2 outs in the ninth and a perfect game on the line. Crazy!!
    It wasn't even a close call.. Not even CLOSE!

That is just stupid. They need to reverse the call and give him the perfect game.

Wow.

Wow is right! And the pitcher has ball in glove in this pic? ...they've got to reverse that.

That is seriously messed up!

From Twitter:
    SI_PeterKing
    What a great moment in Comerica:Jim Joyce apologizes to Galarraga, Galarraga accepts, they hug. Class by Joyce, incredible class by the kid.
    8 minutes ago via TweetDeck

Stood with #Tigers players while they watched replays in clubhouse and have never experienced anything like it. True stunned disbelief.
    9 minutes ago via Echofon

I asked Galarraga if he felt he had something stolen from him: "Yes. Absolutely."
    13 minutes ago via Echofon

Galarraga, while classy, did say, "In that situation you expect more from a major league umpire."
    14 minutes ago via Echofon

Paraphrasing quotes: Leyland. "Nobody will feel worse about that missed call than Jim Joyce. We're saying it was a 28-out perfect game."
    16 minutes ago via Echofon

Jim Joyce was distraught. "Most important call of my career and I kicked the s$&t out of it. I cost that kid a perfect game."
    20 minutes ago via Echofon
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Was watching the live coverage on MLBN. I was getting excited about finally have the potential to see one live. I'm still convinced I did see one live, and of course the umpire saying he was wrong proved that right. Great play for the first out of the 9th as well, thought for sure that ball was gone off the bat. It happens though. No need to hate the umpire like that, I'm absolutely certain he feels horrible, but I've seen plenty of blown calls, that's just part of the game. There will always be that human element to it unless we make it like the NFL and take up 15 minutes reviewing replays.

I do think it should be re-done to include major history altering calls, but at the same time, none of the 20 other perfect games in the history have had the human element removed from their quests.

From what I hear that ump is feeling VERY bad about blowing that call. I give him credit for coming out to the media and saying "my bad" and really feeling remorse for it.

I wouldn't call it the worst call I've seen because any time a pitcher covers first base it can be goofy with their footwork. The guy was clearly out on the replays and the ump has to give the benefit of the doubt to the pitcher in that situation. I hope it gets reversed but I'm doubting it.

The ump does feel horrible and I think he handled it in a classy way after the game. Here's another pic.

Last edited by Rudy; 06-03-2010 at 05:27 AM.

Selig has the power to overturn and make it a perfect game, and may do so. I hope he does the right thing.

Then you open a pandora's box. I don't think that will happen. Then you will have people looking back at every bad call ever made and asking Selig to overturn it because it affected the outcome of the game.

Selig will not overturn it, but they will evaluate replay now.

Selig would have caused all kinds of problems if he overturned it. In some ways, Galaragga might become more famous as the guy that brought replay to MLB and the guy that got screwed out of a perfect game.

Very cool moment today as Galarraga presents the lineup card to Joyce today. http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=5246454

I watched almost all of the Rays/Diamondbacks game with Edwin Jackson's no-no. That game was insane. Most pitches for a solo no no since 1988 with 149, he had 7 walks in 2.2 innings, props to Hinsch for staying with him.

The Rays are the first team since 2001 to be no hit twice in the same season, and it's only June. Six times ever it's happened to a team.