Page 32 of 80 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Thread: Pro Wrestling Discussion

• Facebook
  • Display

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Great quote by CM Punk as he posted this on Twitter. "Two Indy schmucks didn’t do so bad, Eh?”
    Combine this with Matt Sydal being 1/2 of the Tag Champions ....

RoH! RoH! RoH! RoH! RoH! RoH! RoH! RoH! RoH! RoH! RoH! RoH! RoH! RoH! RoH! RoH! RoH! RoH! RoH! RoH! RoH! RoH!
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Great theory written up by a fan regarding the videos and the return of someone on 1/2:

In the video the little boy is representing Jericho and the little girl is representing Punk. Keep this in mind throughout my explanation. Notice, how the little boy continues to write in his notebook and the little girl keeps trying to look at what he is writing. Once the boy goes into the corner (Jericho’s time off from WWE), The girl tries to do the work herself, but can’t come up with anything. Keep in mind that she looked at the boy’s notebook and this is implying that she has stolen the boy’s work, which represents Jericho going to come back and claim that Punk is a fraud and has stolen his ideas and gimmick and what not. Also the ball in the video represents Jericho “dropping the ball” by leaving and Punk “taking the ball and running with it”. The ball belonged to the boy and the girl took. At the end the girl is standing in the spotlight and the boy is in the dark with his head down indicating that we have forgotten about Jericho and that Punk is the new guy we all know and love. This will lead to WM match with Punk and Jericho. Look within the video not what the kid is saying….

Also if you look closely at the book:

A "straight edge" X written over "Chris"

They hype over the videos better deliver that's for sure

I'd be surprised if it isn't Jerhico, anything else and it will seem like a letdown.

I still won't be shocked if it's The Undertaker, which would be lame as hell.

WWE News: CM Punk Possibly Moving to SmackDown Later in 2012

The WWE had a number of breakout stars in 2011, but CM Punk is undoubtedly at the top of that list.

He was the company’s hottest act throughout the summer and into the fall, turning a rather pedestrian year for Monday Night Raw into a very exciting one seemingly overnight. Despite not having the name recognition of guys like John Cena and Randy Orton, Punk was—at least in my book—the WWE’s most important figure this year and the most entertaining star on Raw.

It appears, however, as if his time on the WWE’s flagship show could be coming to an end in the near future.

From F4Wonline.com (via SEScoops.com):

During a recent WWE creative meeting, the idea was pitched of moving CM Punk to the SmackDown brand later in 2012, to help provide the show with additional star power. Punk has not been a strong ratings draw on RAW, so the idea is that his character could be more of an asset on SmackDown, where he could continue to deliver great matches and promos without having to be relied upon to deliver ratings.

I have mixed feelings on this.

On one side, I want to see Punk stay on Raw because I truly believe that, given time and the right storylines, Punk is the one WWE star not named John Cena who could be the long-term face of the brand.

Punk generated a huge interest in the WWE product this summer that no other star could have replicated, and though he may not be great for TV ratings, his wrestling ability and promo skills make him great for the WWE and Monday Night Raw.

On the other hand, I’d love to see Punk move to SmackDown because I think he’d have more success there: more time for TV matches, a longer run with a World title, a better chance of carrying the brand, etc.

As much as I hate to say it, I just don’t see Punk being treated like anything but option No. 2 as long as he’s on the same brand as Cena. Regardless of who we think is the better wrestler and performer, Cena is viewed by company officials as the top guy and will be treated as such.

So, I feel like I’m stock between a rock and a hard place here, but if I had to pick, I would say that I hope Punk gets moved to SmackDown in the 2012 WWE Draft or via trade somehow.

If Punk continues to thrive as a performer but Raw’s ratings continue to plummet, then I think the WWE would be wise to move Punk to the blue brand where he can still perform at an elite level without being criticized for not being a huge ratings draw.

Punk can still matter on SmackDown, and he can still be the company's top overall performer. The only difference is that he'll be competing for the World Heavyweight Championship instead of the WWE title.

http://bit.ly/uwQrGz

I hope he doesn't go to Smackdown. I never watch it.

Yeah I'm not a watcher of Smackdown either, but if they start to go live on Tuesdays, I will. With Orton now being out for 6 months, someone is going to have to move over to be a top face.

I honestly cannot believe they are still doing the two "brands" garbage. It seems to me if you want to get the best ratings why not have your best stars perform as much as possible? I suppose the two "brands" allows for multiple "champions" but they could always dust off some old retired titles if they really want to have that many people running around with belts.

So my favorite to win the Rumble (Orton) won't be in the Rumble now. My pick. Cody Rhodes. #2 Dolph Ziggler #3 Sheamus

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    I honestly cannot believe they are still doing the two "brands" garbage. It seems to me if you want to get the best ratings why not have your best stars perform as much as possible? I suppose the two "brands" allows for multiple "champions" but they could always dust off some old retired titles if they really want to have that many people running around with belts.
    My thoughts as well.

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    They had to retire a few belts just to get the count down. (Original women's, European, Hardcore). I'm fine with the count right now. I think the World Title and U.S. title are important titles in history back to the NWA and WCW. Glad there is only one tag belt because that division has been horrible and uninteresting for years now.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    They had to retire a few belts just to get the count down. (Original women's, European, Hardcore). I'm fine with the count right now. I think the World Title and U.S. title are important titles in history back to the NWA and WCW. Glad there is only one tag belt because that division has been horrible and uninteresting for years now.
    Personally I would love to see the old school belt system brought back.

1. Championship Belt
    2. Intercontinental Belt
    3. Tagteam Belt

... that's it

Well. Brock Lesnar has retired from MMA, cue the return rumors. I'd shit my pants if we get Taker / Lesnar at Wrestlemania.

Nashville airport this morning...

Last edited by JBHuskers; 01-02-2012 at 10:40 AM.

Someone did a nice edit to the airport photo

I know JB you think it was a clever troll by Jericho last night but in my opinion unless they (WWE) uses the girl in the videos to some extreme this angle is *huge yawn* boring as hell. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeyeguy View Post
    I know JB you think it was a clever troll by Jericho last night but in my opinion unless they (WWE) uses the girl in the videos to some extreme this angle is *huge yawn* boring as hell. Sorry.
    Go back to this post:

http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/for...l=1#post120265

The girl in the video represents CM Punk, who reads Jericho's notebook after he took his ball and left.

But why did WWE tweet the part about the mysterious girl and how she plays into Jericho returning? They have a plan for a female I'm guessing