Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NCAA Basketball 2011-2012 Season Discussion Thread

• Facebook
  • Display

NCAA Basketball 2011-2012 Season Discussion Thread

Sure, college basketball games don't actually start for a couple weeks yet, but it's Midnight Madness time right now. Been going on for a couple hours now and watching Duke at the moment on ESPNU. Can't wait for things to get tipped off on November 7th.

It's going to be king if we don't have NBA.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    It's going to be king if we don't have NBA.
    NCAA hoops has ALWAYS been king over that GARBAGE they try to call basketball in the Association where it is illegal to attempt to even play something resembling defense.

SUPER pumped for the hoops season to get here.

K should pass Knight very early on this season as he sits at 900 right now needing 3 to tie and 4 Ws to pass Knight.

The WAY too early Final 4 Picks:

I don't know why but I'm not particularly high on my squad this year. I've NEVER been high on the Plumlees and Rivers just seems like he could be an attitude/cancer problem waiting to happen. Although the last time I wasn't very high on Zoubek turned into a BEAST and they cut down the nets after layin' the smackdown on someone's Neers.

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    NCAA hoops has ALWAYS been king over that GARBAGE they try to call basketball in the Association where it is illegal to attempt to even play something resembling defense.

SUPER pumped for the hoops season to get here.

K should pass Knight very early on this season as he sits at 900 right now needing 3 to tie and 4 Ws to pass Knight.

The WAY too early Final 4 Picks:

, and are pretty safe picks in any year. I think isn't going to be as great this year. At least not as good as they have been in the past 5 years. They lost a lot to graduation and the draft. William Buford is the only senior on the team and only two juniors. They are an extremely young team. While they do still have Buford, Aaron Craft and Jared Sullinger, they're going to have to find someone to replace Jon Diebler and David Lighty.

Depending on how good Purdue, Wisconsin, Michigan State, and maybe Illinois, will be or can be this year, I could see Ohio State repeating as Big Ten champs, but I could just as easily see them finishing anywhere from top 3 to middle of the conference. I'm gonna guess they make the tournament, then drop out in the Sweet Sixteen again.

How about mid-majors? What kind of teams does everyone think we'll see come out of nowhere? After the past number of years with , and :, there's bound to be someone who is going to take over the title of Cinderella. is pretty much out of it after their losses to graduation last year. could go on another run, but they've made some pretty fast exits lately. My off the top of the head guesses, I'm going to say : (even with their losses from last season), or

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    was nothing when Walker had a bad game last year, and they won't be anything this year without him. is the safe pick this year for the representative.

1st Coaches Poll Out:

RANK TEAM

These polls are always a fuckin' joke.

Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
    Yeah but they make for interesting water cooler talk. IMHO and appear to be overrated and and appear to be underrated.

Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
    I agree, I think Clemson could be a surprise team this year. I think syracuse is also a safe bet to have a good season.

I've always preffered college basketball over the NBA so im glad to hear more people will probably be watching this year due to the lockout.

Michigan State and North Carlonia clash on Veteran's Day. Both will be wearing Camo unis....I found North Carolina's, still looking for MSU's.

Here's Michigan State's ... there will not be any player names on the back, just USA.

There, we have seen them all.

Texas A&M Coach diagnosed with Parkinson's disease. Coached at my alma matter Murray State. Wish him and his family nothing but the best.

Can't wait to pull out NCAA BASKETBALL 10 again. As soon as REAL college hoops is a go I will begin my next season. I still haven't won it all as last year I blew it against Syracus in the championship round. This year it's mine... I hope.

College Basketball officially started on Monday with Arizona coming from behind to win against Valapraiso, but tonight are some pretty interesting matchups that are actually on TV (as well as all being available on ESPN3):

Akron @ Mississippi St 7:00pm ESPNU
    Lehigh @ St. John's 7:00pm ESPN2
    Liberty @ #20 Texas A&M 8:00pm
    Duquesne @ #16 Arizona 9:00pm ESPN2

Pretty excited!

looks to be way.... overrated after losing a DII exhibition game and then nearly losing to Valpo.

Kenpom's predictions for tonight:

73 68

80 70

77 69

70 54
    Last edited by CLW; 11-09-2011 at 04:44 PM.

Two good games on tonight with the Carrier game and taking on a VERY solid club.

Here is to hoping all of the UNC players fall off of the carrier and into the ocean to never be found and a solid win to kick off the season.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bask...men-basketball

After last season I kinda forgot we had a men's basketball program.

Yeah I definitely wanna check out the Michigan State / North Carolina tonight.