Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: NCAA Football 12 Patch #2 Now Available

• Facebook
  • Display
    Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Quote Originally Posted by lilheavy View Post
    Sorry if its been posted already but when creating a new playbook, "I Form Tight" is no longer listed. Unfortunate for me because that was my base formation for my triple option attack Hopefully this will be resolved. No reason to remove formations.
    It's still there, it's just called something different (if I'm not mistaken).

Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
    It's still there, it's just called something different (if I'm not mistaken).
    Nope... I-form tight is no longer available. Shotgun 5wr hb was the one renamed to shotgun spread empty.

I'm officially pissed off now. Anyone who can defend this shit needs to remove their lips from some ass and quit hoping they get invited to community day next year. Complete bull shit! It takes this long to come out with this patch and this is what they have been doing? Does anyone else see why they are pushing the digital download crap for their garbage so you can't trade in or sell these games when they fail. I am a huge football fan but ea sports is really ruining gaming for me. Sad thing is how big football is here and the best sport games made are for NBA by 2k and MLB the show by Sony. College basket ball was awesome but ea had to ruin that too. I hope things change but I do not believe they will with the guys who run the show especially fat head haumiller. I can't stand his dumb ass.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin2608 View Post
    I'm officially pissed off now. Anyone who can defend this shit needs to remove their lips from some ass and quit hoping they get invited to community day next year. Complete bull shit! It takes this long to come out with this patch and this is what they have been doing? Does anyone else see why they are pushing the digital download crap for their garbage so you can't trade in or sell these games when they fail. I am a huge football fan but ea sports is really ruining gaming for me. Sad thing is how big football is here and the best sport games made are for NBA by 2k and MLB the show by Sony. College basket ball was awesome but ea had to ruin that too. I hope things change but I do not believe they will with the guys who run the show especially fat head haumiller. I can't stand his dumb ass.
    You're completely off base with that whole second sentence. It isn't about being positive with hopes of being invited back. It is BS that more and more things keep getting broken, but there are a great deal of people here that are still enjoying the game, myself included. And it's not in the hopes of being invited back, considering I'm involved in more than just this title...it sure as hell isn't for that reason. That part of your post is probably influenced from other sites that believe that same thing like it's the gospel. People deserve to vent because this is frustrating, but personal attacks on Ben are completely useless and do nothing to help things.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    Nope... I-form tight is no longer available. Shotgun 5wr hb was the one renamed to shotgun spread empty.
    Ah. Then I stand corrected. That kinda sucks, but I never used that formation anyway (the play selection was too thin for my liking).

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    People deserve to vent because this is frustrating, but personal attacks on Ben are completely useless and do nothing to help things.
    You know what else doesn't do anything to help things? When community sites become mouthpieces for game producers, that's what. This whole fiasco is beyond unacceptable, and for the most part the moderators of this site have been completely silent on the issue (aside from Gschwendte). Not only was this site almost completely silent on the presence of major issues before the game came out (and you had multiple people who had the game for 14 days before release), but now after this long awaited patch, which apparently broke way more things than it actually fixed, there are almost no public statements on the issue coming from the people that run this place. Where is a blog post to discuss the problems with the patch? Where is anything to call EA out for this absolutely unacceptable level of poor quality control?

I want to know how you plan on using your access with the team to ensure that this crap doesn't happen again in the future. Tell me why anybody should take anything that you or EA says seriously anymore.

If we're such a mouthpiece for the game producers and you don't believe anything we say, then why the fuck are you here?

I haven't played on the PS3 since the patch. I played on 360 last night; which hasn't received the patch yet. So why do I need to comment on something I haven't seen first hand yet?

Seriously you should just go back to other sites that think you're a god.

He's probably here because EA wont answer questions anywhere... just saying.

I guess Rhombic you think these guys have a lot more power than I think they do. yes they are actively involved in Community Days and provide Feedback to EA. But in the end it's just feedback and EA is going to put out the product that they are going to put out. I'm not defending EA as I do think the patch was lackluster. But in all honesty as JB stated, their are a lot of people out there that are still enjoying the game and it plays ok for them.... namely the kids, that are the ones that are more than likely really driving the revenue stream.

The biggest fix for me was the freezes, glitches and such and hopefully that is taken care of.

I can tell you this from working for a software company, it's not always as easy as it seems and you TRULY don't find some bugs until it's mainstream.

I'm here because you claim to represent the "community" and to be using your access to the team in order to improve the game, and you ought to be called out on the fact that you have done neither.

Regardless of what you think the motivation is behind it, it's not our style to throw anyone under the bus. We know there are problems, they know our major and minor complaints about the game, and they'll probably hear it even more as the release of the game continues. That said, we're not going to have a knee-jerk reaction and throw up a blog about issues, etc. until all of the facts are in and until we and everyone has had time to evaluate not just the bad but also the good.

I agree that this patch has really screwed things up, especially as a Sun Belt guy where 7/9 teams run no huddle, but it's been less than 24 hours and would like to have more time to evaluate and see if EA doesn't release some kind of a "we fucked up" blog... I don't know that we'll see it, but I know that we deserve it for how this game has been handled this year.

Quote Originally Posted by rhombic21 View Post
    I'm here because you claim to represent the "community" and to be using your access to the team in order to improve the game, and you ought to be called out on the fact that you have done neither.
    You are completely inaccurate. I assure you we send a ton of feedback but what EA does with it from there is out of our hand. We don't program the game, we don't make any decisions on the game. We give input and relay opinions about the game... that's about all we can do.

You'll notice that we the admins don't sit here & rail on the game but at the same time we don't sit here and say that the game is the greatest thing on earth. We pass along information to the community and provide an area for people to discuss the game... nothing more, nothing less.

As for our involvement with EA, you can believe whatever you want or whatever you're told, but I assure you we have done our part.

Fix.Superlinebackers.K.thnx.bai.

:-)

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeyeguy View Post
    Fix.Superlinebackers.K.thnx.bai.

:-)
    Is that hacker code?

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Is that hacker code?
    Only if it works. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeyeguy View Post
    Only if it works. :-)
    Good luck on that

Quote Originally Posted by rhombic21 View Post
    LOL, wait... so you don't think they asked EA to not F-up the game with the patch strongly enough? Oh come on man, we all knew EA would screw the game up with the patch, the only real question would be whether or not it would even be playable after the patch since the don't actually play the game themselves. I just hope our OD is able to continue on.

So this no huddle issue, is it screwing up the CPU offense as well?

Quote Originally Posted by keyser soze View Post
    So this no huddle issue, is it screwing up the CPU offense as well?
    I don't know if it effects the CPU's playcalling, but it does effect your defensive playcalling when the CPU goes no huddle.

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    I don't know if it effects the CPU's playcalling, but it does effect your defensive playcalling when the CPU goes no huddle.
    Oh crap, what does it do to the defensive playcalling?