Thread: Ratings Question (OL vs DL related)

• Facebook
  • Display

Ratings Question (OL vs DL related)

What effect does Run Blocking, Run Blocking Strenth, Run Blocking Footwork and Strength and Impact Blocking have for OL? I read that Run blocking itself is a purely a rating for simmed games, but I'm trying to figure out which ones effect the different animations.

Does Footwork effect getting shed by the DL? Or is strength the more important rating?
    What about run block strength vs just strength?
    Is impact blocking just for FBs? Does it do anything? Does it create pancakes.

In a similar vein, what about the block shedding, finesse/power moves and strength for the DL?

Run Block Strength and Pass Block Strength relate to the DLine's PMV rating, and RBF and PBF relate to the DLine's FMV rating. So a high strength O-Lineman will do good against power move d-linemen, and O-Linemen with good footwoork will do better against FMV D-Linemen.

RBK and PBK do have an effect on gameplay (though it's more limited than the effect on simmed games). From what I can recall, it's something like RBK and PBK are related to success of the block. As Escobar said, the Strength and Footwork ratings are more about countering the defender's move.

Here's Wisey's post on it:
    Earlier I mentioned RBK and PBK (Run Block and Pass Block) were used more for the sim logic. I looked a little more into it and even though they are more used in Sim logic, they are also used in game. So, to clear it up, RBK and PBK are used to help get into position to block and how long the block will be held. RBS, RBF, PBS, PBF are used to determine if a move by the defender will be successful.

Next question was about whether it is better to have a guy with good Footwork or Strength when looking for offensive linemen. Should you go for a guy that might be high in one and low in the other, or somebody that is even. The answer depends on who you are playing against. What rating used in a block attempt (Strength or Footwork) is determined by the defender. If the defender is using a Power Move, it will use the PBS, and RBS. If the defender is using a Finesse move, it will use PBF, and RBF. Since most people like to put speed guys on the outside or put linebackers in at end, I would probably go with linemen with higher footwork myself.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud