Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NCAA Football 11 for $39.99 at Dell website

• Facebook
  • Display

NCAA Football 11 for $39.99 at Dell website

At the Dell website, NCAA Football 11 (PS3, 360) is $39.99 with free shipping, through June 24.

Courtesy: mva5580 at Operation Sports.
    Last edited by cdj; 06-23-2010 at 01:20 PM.

I've seen some people on another site claiming that their expected ship date is 7/9/10. I highly doubt that Dell would send them the game early but I'm assuming that's the actual shipment date and it would then arrive them on that Tuesday (or possibly Monday). Looks like a great deal but I'm someone that wouldn't be able to wait until possibly after release day. I went through the Sports Illustrated Madden debacle last year... no way I take a chance this year without a guarantee to have it on or before release day.

Ok, what is the deal with the $40 sales for NCAA this year?
    I ended up doing the one through EA Store and now Dell's site is doing one.......I don't recall preorder sales ever having that kind of price in the past......

Are they trying to get more buyers to 'reintroduce' the series or ?

More of a reward for buying it new and right away I'd assume. Lots of games from different companies are taking this approach as it makes the sales figures better. Amazon has been doing it (not to the scale of $20) for some time now. And now they're doing $20 credit for some games in addition to providing a lower price point at release.

Just never seen it for NCAA before, but have seen other games do it in the past.

ordering this right now...

That's not available in Canada for me. Hopefully I'll get a good deal on it over here but I doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    That's not available in Canada for me. Hopefully I'll get a good deal on it over here but I doubt it.
    That's weird that Dell doesn't work with Canada.

There is a dell.ca site but it doesn't even list NCAA 11. You really have to understand that the popularity of college football in Canada is MUCH lower than the US. Combine that with a population that's about 10% of the US and there just isn't the volume to pull off a deal like that. You might see something like that on a hockey game but NCAA 11 just doesn't register a ton of support over here.

Don't forget that NCAA Football wasn't even available to be sold legally in Canada until NCAA '07 due to some legal crap. You couldn't rent or buy the game in stores until that point. The first version I bought was NCAA '06 due to the fact I was disappointed in Madden '05 AND NFL 2K5. Madden '06 was the only pro football game the next year and I just didn't feel like getting it. I heard great things about NCAA 06 (saw some early impressions on a roster site) and decided to pre-order it online through the States. I loved that game and it also introduced me to all the rivalries and everything else in college football since I was just a casual fan. My love for college football simply grew from there and I prefer it over the NFL now.

Recruit
    I jumped on this.

I have a connection that could get me NCAA the weekend before release but it would cost me $20 + for overnight shipping. With this deal, I'm saving about $40 bucks. If for some reason I get worried it won't come on release day, I'll just buy it from Gamestop and return the Dell copy when I get it in.

I hope it comes on the 9th or the Monday before release day.

As of 8:05 AM on 6/22, the deal appears to still be valid.

That's a great deal but with no guarantee you will receive it on release day its a "gamble" if you "must" have it asap.

If for some reason I get worried it won't come on release day, I'll just buy it from Gamestop and return the Dell copy when I get it in.
    I guess I hadn't thought about doing that. Has anyone tried that? I guess I don't see an reason why that wouldn't work....

Quote Originally Posted by Kwizzy View Post
    I guess I hadn't thought about doing that. Has anyone tried that? I guess I don't see an reason why that wouldn't work....
    Some places put hard to remove stickers on the outside packaging of the game they ship. That would be the only issue is if you're trying to return it to Gamestop and it has a big Dell sticker on it.

Recruit
    Quote Originally Posted by Kwizzy View Post
    It works, only way I could see it not working, is if for some reason Dell put a sticker on the game you received like somene mentioned at OS. I've never had that happen. If you want the game on release day and you're afriad you won't get it if you do the dell deal, go to any store on release day, buy the game and when the Dell copy arrives, take that one back to the store. I don't see anything wrong with it...

Yeah that's a pretty good idea. Anyone who's preordered from anywhere before. Do you usually get the game on release day or is it normally a couple days later?

Recruit
    Kwizzy - I've heard both. Sometimes people get the game a day or two early, sometimes on release and sometimes a day or two late.

My estimated delivery date is 7/9/2010. I doubt it I get it on Friday or even Monday, but hopefully release day.

I went ahead & did this... If I don't have it on release day or I manage to find a way to get it early I'll just take the dell one back to walmart for store credit when it comes. I've returned movies back to walmart without a receipt before so I don't think it'll be a problem.

As of this post, the game is still listed at $39.99 at Dell.

When I was ordering it, somewhere along the line it said this deal was good through Thursday the 24th.