Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Playstation Move Thread

• Facebook
  • Display

Playstation Move Thread

As cdj noted in the E3 thread, here are the details for pre-order on Amazon:

PlayStation Move:
    Starter bundle (game, Move, EyeToy) $100
    Navigation controller: $30
    Move + Navigation controller: $80
    Games: $40 each (some regular games will have Move version included on disc)

I already have the EyeToy, would probably want to the Navigation controller, so I'll probably go that route. Right now Sorcery looks interesting, the sports game looks better than Kinect's or Wii's, and Heroes on the Move is anotehr game that looks nice. All for $40 to start, that is good. Not completely into the motion gaming, but eventually will be getting this.

JB, did you get to play Tiger for the Move at the Tiger community event? Any thoughts?

I'm not a huge motion gamer but scorcery does look interesting and if I can get Wii style gameplay with great graphics and targeted to adults, I'm definitely intrigued.

The lower game price and the fact that some games will include the Move version on the traditional game disc is a huge plus for me as well. I agree with G - better graphics, plus games (hopefully) targeted to adults has me at least paying attention.

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    JB, did you get to play Tiger for the Move at the Tiger community event? Any thoughts?

I'm not a huge motion gamer but scorcery does look interesting and if I can get Wii style gameplay with great graphics and targeted to adults, I'm definitely intrigued.
    No I didn't.....back in February, I don't think everything was quite ready for us to play in regards to the Move.

Totally agree on Scorcery....watching it at E3, I was pretty impressed right away. Plus Heroes on the Move brings together a lot of the PS heroes like Jax and Daxter, Ratchet and Clank, I think Sly is in there too.

The three different presales items (navigation controller, $100 bundle, just the Move controller) are already 8th, 9th, and 10th in Amazon PS3 sales rankings. Expect that to move up in the rankings over the next couple weeks.

I'll buy it day one because it looks to be true 1:1 interaction with your body, and you don't have to stand up and wale your arms and body like an idiot. It can be used sitting down and using small movements. Plus, it can be used on actual AAA shooters, so that definitely has my interest peaked.

I'll never get into Kinect because a. I like having a controller of some sort in my hand, and b. it looks like it's only being used for cartoonish kids' games, which I'm definitely not interested in.

It looks decent. I'll probably be interested because of the games that have been announced. I've heard it will work with MLB, Tiger Woods, Gran Turismo, and Sorcery. All four of those are games that I would purchase.

Joystiq has posted a bunch of Move reviews, from games to the hardware itself.

Sports Champions 4.5/5
    Kung Fu Rider 2/5
    Launch games
    Start the Party 3/5
    Tumble 4.5/5
    Racquet Sports 4/5
    The hardware and experience

Of those only Sports Champions I'd be interested. I'll probably wait til the new year once the smoke settles to get it. It'll be fun to get off the couch every now and again for a round of Tiger.

I don't get it, so the "starter" bundle on Amazon does not include the navigation controller? What the hell do you actually need?

The starter bundle comes with the game, the eyetoy, and the actual controller. If you want the navigation controller(for games like SOCOM, it's a necessity), you'll have to pony up an additional $30. Not all games require the sub controller.

It's like the nunchuck on Wii.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

I did run into a couple of issues, however. The first being the fact that I have a coffee table in front of my couch. This is a problem (as is anything on top of a coffee table) in that, should you wish to play a game that tracks the Move's colorful orb while sitting, a table will prevent the PS Eye from seeing the orb – which is a problem in games like Tumble that have you placing the controller near the floor at times. Something as small as a sake set on my table was enough to create a "blind spot," actually.

Standing up should help, right? Well, it did – although pretty much all of the games' calibration screens (you usually have to point the Move controller at the PS Eye like a flashlight and hold the T or Move button) displayed an "ideal position" box for me to stand in, which had me moving roughly eight feet back from my TV. Basically, this is right to the limit of my "play environment" and, again in my case, meant that I couldn't reach down and to the right without bonking my coffee table with the controller. Of course, I tried moving within five feet of the PS Eye – in front of said table – and was told that I was too close.

The definition of "too close" or "too far" changed on a game-by-game basis, too. One would say eight feet, another five and yet another 3.3 (one meter). Playing Move games in my den – a small room where I sit maybe four feet from the TV – was hit or miss.
    Well, no Move for me ... not at first. No room.
    Last edited by JeffHCross; 09-01-2010 at 10:03 PM.

Bought EyePet today. This next 7 days can not go fast enough for my girlfriend.

Can't wait to give this bad boy a try on something like SOCOM or Killzone.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Quote Originally Posted by I OU a Beatn View Post

That's pretty clever stuff.

It will be interesting to see how this pans out. I have a Wii and I occassionally use it to play games like Mario Kart, Punch Out etc... just for fun.

Quote Originally Posted by I OU a Beatn View Post
    Awesome.

Anybody have the Move yet? (Looking in IOUs general direction)

I didn't get it yet. I've been too busy with Reach and Case Zero to even turn on my PS3. I'll be getting it within the next few weeks though.