Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The 2011 NFL Free Agent Bonanza

• Facebook
  • Display

The 2011 NFL Free Agent Bonanza

With the lockout over, and the blitz that is going to happen, this monster deserves it's own thread.

Here is a link to a table of all free agents.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/fa

I think non-insiders can see the list, just not the grades and last column (I think?)

Can't wait for this insanity to begin.

I'm most interested to see what happens with the QB's (eg Hasselbeck). Also, when McNabb is cut is he off to Cincy? Biggest for me though, what happens to Nnamdi Asomugha... losing him on the silver and black will be catastrophic for my Raiders

Pat Devlin (Delaware QB) signed with Miami as an undrafted FA rookie, that makes me think that Vince Young will go to Philly to back up Vick.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Pat Devlin (Delaware QB) signed with Miami, that makes me think that Vince Young will go to Philly to back up Vick.
    That's risky IMO... Vick and Young on the same team... what happens when things go bad... will the team implode???

Mort reports that the Texans may be the front runner for Asomugha.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    I'm most interested to see what happens with the QB's (eg Hasselbeck). Also, when McNabb is cut is he off to Cincy? Biggest for me though, what happens to Nnamdi Asomugha... losing him on the silver and black will be catastrophic for my Raiders
    McFlab won't be cut. If the Skins don't get something for him through trade, he's on the team until his contract is up. His ass will sit on the bench.

is seattle trying to get all of the players currently in the nfl?

that would be awesome if they were.

looks like the eagles will try bringing the option to the nfl. they just signed noel devine.

I don't know about the option, but I'm really sad to see him go to Philthy. At first, there was talk that he went to the Falcons, which I could have lived with, but damn it, not Philthy!

Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
    I don't know about the option, but I'm really sad to see him go to Philthy. At first, there was talk that he went to the Falcons, which I could have lived with, but damn it, not Philthy!
    I wanted to see Noel go to the steelers over Clay but oh well. Clay just can't stay healthy atleast in college so I doubt he'll be able to do it in the NFL.

Steelers would have been great. I actually kinda watch them (dad's a big Steelers fan) so I wouldn't have had a problem with that at all. Not sure if he fits into the Steelers running style though. Not smashmouth enough and he's more of a zone blocking RB (was REALLY hoping Mike Shanahan was going to bring him in for the Redskins cause he's exactly what we need, but with drafting who he drafted, I doubted it was going to happen).

Poz with a big 6 year contract with the Jags. Wow good for him!

Tavaris Jackson + Seahawks = excellent first round draft pick next season!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    Tavaris Jackson + Seahawks = excellent first round draft pick next season!!!
    . Couldn't agree more

NFL Network makes me every time I decide to watch it. Their "experts" said that Jackson to the Seahawks made sense. That he would be a good fit there and had a 10-6 record with the Vikings in 2008 to prove that he's a talented player. First off, . Second off, the dude only started 5 games in 2008. He lost his job to Gus fuckin' Frerotte for fucks sake! His best statistical year? Get ready for this! 59% completion percentage, 1,056 yards, 9 TDs and 2 INTs. In 9 games. 9 games. He's yet to start a full season (cause he's terrible) and is basically completely useless as a QB. Yet, according to the "experts" on NFL Network, he's a great fit for the Seahawks.

No wonder 95% of the "fans" of the NFL are fuckin' morons... They listen to these dumb asses!

thats why jesus (aka charlie whitehurst) will start at qb mors.....

McNabb to the Viks

The Washington Redskins, Vikings and Donovan McNabb have a preliminary agreement in place for the veteran quarterback to be traded to Minnesota, sources told ESPN.

The compensation issues that were one of the stumbling blocks to the trade appear to be resolved. The one sticking point now appears to be that McNabb was concerned Tuesday night about how the Vikings' side of the situation was handled.

McNabb will be making far less than the $14.75 million he would have been due were he to play for the Redskins this year. It is not yet clear how much or how any incentives in the new deal would alter his compensation.

According to ESPN's sources, the trade will involve a 2012 sixth-round draft pick and a conditional sixth-round pick for 2013 going to Washington. The Redskins had wanted a fifth- and seventh-round pick from Minnesota.

Before the reporting of the deal Christian Ponder, the quarterback drafted by the Vikings with the 12th pick in April, tweeted: "Excited to have McNabb join. Will learn a lot from a Pro Bowler. But that doesn't mean I'm not still fighting to start week 1!"

Hasselback to the Titans

The Tennessee Titans swooped in Wednesday on Matt Hasselbeck, reaching agreement with the free-agent quarterback on a multiyear contract, a league source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

Kuharsky: Hasselbeck, Minus The Hassle

Kuharsky A team with a major leadership void targeted a player it believes will be a settling force. The Tennessee Titans score with Matt Hasselbeck, ESPN.com's Paul Kuharsky writes. Blog

News broke Tuesday that the Seattle Seahawks wouldn't re-sign the 35-year-old Hasselbeck. Instead, the Seahawks agreed to a deal with former Minnesota Viking Tarvaris Jackson, multiple sources told ESPN.

The Titans are expected to groom Jake Locker, the eighth overall pick in April's draft, to be their starter of the future. The team announced in January that it would either release Vince Young or try to trade him because he's not in its plans for the coming season, and veteran Kerry Collins announced July 7 he was retiring.

Hasselbeck will turn 36 in September. His prior contract was signed before the start of the 2005 season and was followed by him leading the Seahawks to their only Super Bowl appearance.

Hasselbeck threw for 272 yards and a career playoff-high four touchdowns in engineering the Seahawks' upset victory over the defending Super Bowl champion Saints in last season's playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Pat Devlin (Delaware QB) signed with Miami as an undrafted FA rookie, that makes me think that Vince Young will go to Philly to back up Vick.
    Stud BTW - used to be at PSU and really did well in Delaware. His Pro Day and combine apparently hurt him but he won games in Delaware and I think his senior year he had something like 25+ TDs and 3 Picks. Makes smart decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by psusnoop View Post
    I wanted to see Noel go to the steelers over Clay but oh well. Clay just can't stay healthy atleast in college so I doubt he'll be able to do it in the NFL.
    yeah but we don't need Clay to be an every down back. Bring him in to give Mendehal a breather and just let him bang up the defenses a little.