Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Nebraska Cornhuskers Thread

• Facebook
  • Display
    Anyone been paying attention to the videos coming out of spring practice at all? They have been running a TON of under center stuff in every video I've seen. Even saw an I formation old school Cntr Triple Option! I figured they would want to incorporate quite a bit of power stuff but I figured they would try to establish that out of more spread and Pistol looks rather than traditional stuff. Pretty interesting stuff.

http://www.thisisnebraska.com/blog/?sport=fb There are 2 videos from the first 2 days on this site & the World Herald & Journal Star both have videos from Saturday's practice up as well.

Anyone planning on going to the spring game?

Will Shields vs. Ndamukong Suh...Who you got?

Quote Originally Posted by HuskerBlitz View Post
    Will Shields vs. Ndamukong Suh...Who you got?
    Suh was stronger and more athletic wasn't he?

Michigan State is gonna take you guys out

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Suh was stronger and more athletic wasn't he?
    I don't remember how strong Shields was, but he was pretty athletic in his own right. Now Brendan Stai could bench over 500 lbs and was pretty athletic as well. I think in either case it would put on quite a show in a make-believe stat line.

Suh will probably kick an extra point sometime soon.........seriously, I want to see it

Everyone should definitely check out all the coverage of Bubba Starling by Mitch Sherman on ESPN.com today. Really good stuff! It's in the college football section.

Took the 2010-11 off of the thread, we'll just keep this going for 11-12

Quote Originally Posted by Kwizzy View Post
    Everyone should definitely check out all the coverage of Bubba Starling by Mitch Sherman on ESPN.com today. Really good stuff! It's in the college football section.
    Yeah I watched and read the coverage this morning. Pretty good. I really hope he comes to Nebraska. At first I thought the firing of Mike Anderson would hurt us landing him, but as the article mentions with Darin Erstad being a former two-sport star at Nebraska with both a NC and a World Series ring that may actually help us more. In either case, I hope his stays true to his word and attends here. If not, best of luck to him.

Yeah I watched and read the coverage this morning. Pretty good. I really hope he comes to Nebraska. At first I thought the firing of Mike Anderson would hurt us landing him, but as the article mentions with Darin Erstad being a former two-sport star at Nebraska with both a NC and a World Series ring that may actually help us more. In either case, I hope his stays true to his word and attends here. If not, best of luck to him.
    Even if he doesn't end up coming here I don't think I'd necessarily look at it as him not staying true to his word. The Husker coaches recruited him knowing this was a possibility & he basically said that IF he played college football it would be here. Seems like a great young man & I just hope he makes whatever decision is best for him & his family.

What I was getting at was his sticking to his commitment and attending Nebraska. I'm not going to bash the kid for taking a pro contract. Just hoping he attends.

What I was getting at was his sticking to his commitment and attending Nebraska. I'm not going to bash the kid for taking a pro contract. Just hoping he attends.
    Yeah I hear ya. He sure would be fun to watch.

friends of mine here in California are planning on a road trip to the Wyoming/Nebraska game..looking at rental prices etc..I Wish I could go, but....

Curious to see where Bubba Starling gets drafted tonight. Some say he could be #1, but most likely top 10. Unlike the past two years with Strasburg and Harper, there isn't a clear cut #1 in this year's MLB Draft. I'll definitely be tuning in right after work on MLB Network in between the Ubisoft and Sony E3 pressers.

Curious to see where Bubba Starling gets drafted tonight. Some say he could be #1, but most likely top 10. Unlike the past two years with Strasburg and Harper, there isn't a clear cut #1 in this year's MLB Draft. I'll definitely be tuning in right after work on MLB Network in between the Ubisoft and Sony E3 pressers.
    Worst case scenarios for us IMO are if the Royals or the Natinals take him. KC for obvious reasons & the Natinals have a recent history of dealing with Scott Boras having drafted Strausburg & Harper the past 2 years.

Worst case scenarios for us IMO are if the Royals or the Natinals take him. KC for obvious reasons & the Natinals have a recent history of dealing with Scott Boras having drafted Strausburg & Harper the past 2 years.
    Sounds like he's going top ten regardless, so I have a feeeling the Huskers aren't going to see him.

Sounds like he's going top ten regardless, so I have a feeeling the Huskers aren't going to see him.
    Yeah I agree. Although I will say that every article I have read makes it seem like it's not as cut & dry as we may believe it to be. Now I understand that by saying that he improves his bargaining position, but it makes me take more of a wait & see approach. In the end, I think he'll take the money, & who could blame him, but I can hold out hope can't I?

Yeah I agree. Although I will say that every article I have read makes it seem like it's not as cut & dry as we may believe it to be. Now I understand that by saying that he improves his bargaining position, but it makes me take more of a wait & see approach. In the end, I think he'll take the money, & who could blame him, but I can hold out hope can't I?
    Yep it's going to be interesting. I'm excited for this draft since there are quite a bit of unknowns.

New OC Tim Beck

I just got done watching the recap of the red and white spring game. I saw that we maybe installing some pistol? Any word on this "Air Kansas" offense we will be running? What kind of offense is it? Balance? Pass Happy?

Quote Originally Posted by johntom2000 View Post
    I just got done watching the recap of the red and white spring game. I saw that we maybe installing some pistol? Any word on this "Air Kansas" offense we will be running? What kind of offense is it? Balance? Pass Happy?
    I think you'll see a lot of pistol and shotgun with some IFORM stuff thrown in to help establish a power run game. It will be a lot of runs then play action off of it. I think they will try to stretch the defense vertically more & then hit them underneath w/ more WR screens. Also, it will be very fast paced, no huddle stuff. Should be interesting to see how they incorporate some of the Iformation stuff with the no huddle & spread stuff.