Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Powerhouse 2012 Draft Order

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by ryby6969 View Post
    Yeah, I have to flesh out my playbook some as I have some wasted formations and just put it together in like 15 minutes. I am fairly happy with my defense, but I have to slow down with the player I control as I over ran quite a few plays. Oh, the Minnesota QB could not hit a damn thing until the final drive!
    Yeah, I gambled a few times trying to take advantage of that, I think you got me twice though, I know there were a few times I caught you anticipating/overrunning the route as well. Your defense is good, the Iowa State QB is probably just as bad a passer as the Minnesota QB so I was trying to stay short or in the middle of the field which played right into your hands as your good at taking away the middle with a linebacker.

I need to work on my running game...I was able to pick up some yards on the ground late but at that point the game was over.

lol @ E

G where did you get that roster from in the excel document? BigWY?

Reason I ask is because #3 WR Aaron Dobson from Marshall isn't listed on the roster. He is there best receiver and it appears named 'Jonas Chandler'.

On a side note I'm getting old, I remember him as the little kid a few houses down

Quote Originally Posted by skipwondah33 View Post
    G where did you get that roster from in the excel document? BigWY?

Reason I ask is because #3 WR Aaron Dobson from Marshall isn't listed on the roster. He is there best receiver and it appears named 'Jonas Chandler'.

On a side note I'm getting old, I remember him as the little kid a few houses down
    The player ratings & attributes themselves are from the default roster. The names were auto-generated whenever I created the dynasty (it was prior to rosters being available).

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    The player ratings & attributes themselves are from the default roster. The names were auto-generated whenever I created the dynasty (it was prior to rosters being available).
    Haha thought so because some names I seen lastnight in my practice games were totally different.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa LoneStar View Post
    Haha....funny thing is his last HS game (1st round vs Plnao @ Texas Stadium) was the last HS football game I've been to. If you grab 'em....and my #1 gets picked (likely)....I'll definitely have a tough decision to make.
    I haven't been to a high school game since the last game I played. Of course I Haven't been home during the season either lol. I think I'll have a good opportunity to play with someone from duncanville.

Nice pick G. They were the first team I tested out against the CPU. It was the first game I played but the QB was all over the place with his accuracy. Did play Oneback in a game he used them.

Nice pick G. They were the first team I tested out against the CPU. It was the first game I played but the QB was all over the place with his accuracy. Did play Oneback in a game he used them.
    Yeah, QB is inaccurate but I imagine a lot of the QBs we use will be that way. But it was impossible to overlook two 80+ HBs, both Sophomores and at least for the first year, I'll have a stud of an OL. That combined with two Junior Impact LBs, I'll be set at least for a year or two.

So to not clutter the draft thread....Thank you G. I was really torn with ISU as I played '09 with them and loved them and did pretty well with them but wanted to switch it up but was having a hard time.

Nice pick, man this is going to be brutal waiting for you guys to gobble up all these teams ahead of me.

Quote Originally Posted by psuexv View Post
    So to not clutter the draft thread....Thank you G. I was really torn with ISU as I played '09 with them and loved them and did pretty well with them but wanted to switch it up but was having a hard time.
    I did as well. I remember a QB they had named Joe Tiller I believe that I used and won the Heisman with.

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    Yeah, QB is inaccurate but I imagine a lot of the QBs we use will be that way. But it was impossible to overlook two 80+ HBs, both Sophomores and at least for the first year, I'll have a stud of an OL. That combined with two Junior Impact LBs, I'll be set at least for a year or two.
    That is true although I have found a success and accuracy with a certain QB from a team I like lol. I honestly didn't know their backfield was that good until a bit ago looking over the rosters.

I did as well. I remember a QB they had named Joe Tiller I believe that I used and won the Heisman with.
    Tiller was good, they also had the Arnaud guy. One of them was a senior my 1st season and then the other I had for 2 years I think. I won the Heisman my 1st year with the WR RJ Sumrall... dude was a stud. Their defense was terrible though

He was a true freshman when I started him. I didn't like the other guy. Yeah Sumrall was a beast he was receiver of the year for me. The defense was pretty bad the 1st year but the 2nd and 3rd years I had them solid. Whenever I start a dynasty (always a low prestige team) I will create myself as a MLB never going higher than 72 rating and with realistic ratings. I was the top LB my junior year and ended with a 98 overall rating.

yeah by my 3rd and 4th year the defense was legit but their base set was a bad bunch of players. The main problem I had with them was no matter how much I won I couldn't get recruits interested or to commit early. I usually finished with a top 15 class but I was like 65-10 over 6 or so years and I had to really put time into recruiting.

Did anybody text RC? He might be able to text his pick in.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa LoneStar View Post
    Did anybody text RC? He might be able to text his pick in.
    I did right after g made his pick. He was still at work and trying to decide between 3 teams.

RC said he will make his pick after 8pm central...those behind him lets try to be ready, thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Oneback View Post
    RC said he will make his pick after 8pm central...those behind him lets try to be ready, thank you!
    Meow..... I'm ready at 3 no matter who he picks

Quote Originally Posted by Oneback View Post
    I'll be more then ready at 12 but I expect that I'm looking at tomorrow at the earliest for my pick

Quote Originally Posted by psuexv View Post
    Meow..... I'm ready at 3 no matter who he picks
    I'm ready as well hopefully neither of you scoops my 3 destinations lol