Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Gran Turismo 5 (PS3)

• Facebook
  • Display

Gran Turismo 5 (PS3)

:eek::eek:

have.....been......waiting......for.......GEN3.... ...Gran Turismo........FOREVER

I'm so curious to see what they're going to do with the NASCAR license.

Fincastle,VA (1 hr from Lane Stadium and Hokie country)
    Just watch the preview for GT5 at E3 and wow it looks great haven play this since the first ps thinking of picking it up for the ps3 thou.

Release date is November 2.

EuroGamer has shared their detailed hands-on impressions with the latest E3 2010 GT5 demo, and it’s full of quite a few interesting and revealing tidbits of information. While I have covered the main points below, the full article contains more detail and is very well written, so head on over there for more.

* Over 800 of the cars will be “standard”, the majority of which have been brought from previous GT titles. Despite the nomenclature, they still look great – all of the classic “muscle cars” we saw in the latest batch of screenshots are all “standard”. However, according to the article, standard cars “won’t have interiors”.
    * There are 200 “premium” cars which “take the final count past the 1000 mark”. In addition to highly detailed interiors, the undersides of the cars have also been modeled and will be visible when the car is flipping through the air thanks to the new physics engine.
    * There will be 9 NASCAR models available, and you will be able to race by NASCAR’s specific rules. The article describes the NASCAR crashes as “truly epic” yet still “artful in Yamacuhi’s universe”.
    * Each individual circuit can take as long as two and a half years to build.
    * The new Photo Travel mode – where you take a car to a picturesque location other than a race track – now allows you to virtually walk around the environment to help you get the best angle.
    * Online community features include a “BBS, personal logs, mail, and something called My Lounge”. You will be able to monitor your friend’s progress, set up private races with them, and spectate on live online races that are already underway from any camera angle, while focusing on any player’s car that you want.
    * The combination of 3D visuals and head-tracking with the PS Eye was described as “astonishing”.
    This game is going to be uber epic.

I'll definitely be getting this game, day 1 hopefully.

I'm not just getting the game, but I'm getting this:

Comes with:

* GranTurismo 5 game
    * An exclusive 1:43 scale collectible diecast Nissan GT-R Spec V with custom GT livery designed by Polyphony Digital and produced by well-known collectible car maker, Kyosho
    * In-depth 300-page guide to cars and racing techniques written by the developers, Polyphony
    * Digital GT-branded stainless steel key chain
    * Voucher for five (5) DLC cars with custom livery and tuning upgrades
    * Numbered certificate of authenticity Premium collector's packaging

SEXY.

More features from Amazon product page:

* 1,000 Vehicles - 170 Premium new models, including hybrids and EVs, and 830 kinds of standard models similar to those seen in previous games.
    * Plenty of Courses - Rip it up in more than 20 courses, more than 60 layouts.
    * New Physics - The in-game physics system simulation is brand new to the series, and allows for greater realism and damage.
    * Arcade Mode - Allows for single race functionality and 2-player battle.
    * GT Mode Features - World Map, My Garage, Car Dealer, Tuning Shop, Car Washes/Oil Change, Race Championship (Series system, point system), License Test.
    * Online Features - 16-player support, Open Lobby, Text / Voice Chat, Private rooms, Online Photo Album, Online Replay Album, YouTube replay output.
    * Photo Mode - Photo Drive and Photo stage.
    * Gran Turismo TV - Video output to a PSP or PSP Go, Progressive Download, Improved user interface, continuous play for videos.
    * Sound Features - Custom soundtracks pulled from your PS3 hard-drive; Dolby Digital 5.1 and 7.1.

Youtube replay support? Hell yeah. There's no doubt GT5 is going to take about 6 months of my life away.

Good grief.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Quote Originally Posted by IOUaBeatn View Post

Youtube replay support? Hell yeah. There's no doubt GT5 is going to take about 6 months of my life away.
    about??? yeah im losing a year for this. it is going to be awesomesauce

And by "losing a year", Violator means he'll only average 115 trophies a month, rather than 215.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

ha ha, speaking of that. im playing madagscar karts. wow, what a craptacular game. and tbh, you can ask these guys, when i got into mw2 i wasnt going after trophies, i was on that game day and night. and you think its bad now? wait til winter when its cold out and i have nothing to do BUT game

Has there been a 2-disc PS3 title yet? This could be it....this will seriously take a year or two out of your life.... I can see it already. I remember pulling my hair out trying to get all of the licenses.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Has there been a 2-disc PS3 title yet? This could be it....this will seriously take a year or two out of your life.... I can see it already. I remember pulling my hair out trying to get all of the licenses.
    I couldn't imagine them filling up a disc with more than 50GB of data. I imagine if a title would do it, it might be this one but I highly doubt it. Plus, I believe they even have capability for 100GB Blu-Rays but I don't think they're used very largely at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    I couldn't imagine them filling up a disc with more than 50GB of data. I imagine if a title would do it, it might be this one but I highly doubt it. Plus, I believe they even have capability for 100GB Blu-Rays but I don't think they're used very largely at this point.
    That is a good thing then. Man I'm so excited for this.

The 100 GB blu ray arent possible on the PS3. Because of how they would be coded the disc reader wouldn't be able to decode the disc. But there is nothing out there right now game wise that is even close to 50 GB of data. The data of the game wont push the 50 gig mark but will push the processing power of the ps3 to the limits.

What does it mean only 9 NASCAR models? Does that mean only 9 NASCAR cars? That kind of sucks if that's the case, to get the license and only license 9 cars?

Quote Originally Posted by UGA14 View Post
    What does it mean only 9 NASCAR models? Does that mean only 9 NASCAR cars? That kind of sucks if that's the case, to get the license and only license 9 cars?
    I assume that i just means different car models (like Chevrolet vs Ford vs whatever else) but each licensed car would be considered a paint job of those cars... if that's not the case though, then yeah that does suck.

Quote Originally Posted by UGA14 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    I assume that i just means different car models (like Chevrolet vs Ford vs whatever else) but each licensed car would be considered a paint job of those cars... if that's not the case though, then yeah that does suck.
    Well NASCAR only uses Chevy, Ford, Dodge, and Toyota.....it could only be 9 licensed cars to screw around with instead of any kind of NASCAR mode.