Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: FIFA 12 Thread

• Facebook
  • Display

FIFA 12 Thread

FIFA 12 to feature "astonishingly authentic" physical play

As previously reported FIFA 12 will be evolving in a similar fashion as Madden NFL 12 and NCAA Football 12 with more realistic game play and environments. FIFA 12 will feature a new impact engine that will result in players reacting to contact in a more authentic way depending on which part of the body is contacted by another player. Being hit in the leg will cause a different reaction than being hit in the hip. In previous versions of the game (as well as other EA Sports titles) a handful of stock player animations were used for any contact. The new game engine enhances the realism for FIFA 12.

"The result is physical play that looks astonishingly authentic,” says OXM. As previously reported, player injuries will also be more realistic and have more authentic effects on game play, including less accurate shots or passes during play. The vision feature will also impact the pass accuracy and remove the ability to rely on a blind pass. If a player handling the ball does not have a good look at a teammate his pass will be less likely to be completed as opposed to a player in plain sight.

It's the little things that differentiate this year's version from FIFA 11 but the enhanced AI will present more challenging game play with an enhanced defensive system of play. Players will be more likely to contain the opposition rather than engaging in man-to-man play, which will force the user to take control and try to take the ball away from the offense.

"EA's hoping that by making defensive play more strategic, even nil-nil draws will be gripping," says OXM.

On offense there will be more of a focus on waiting for the rest of the team to get set-up to create more opportunities rather than dribbling with the ball straight through the defense in hopes of a one-on-one opportunity on goal. “Being able to hold up play until your team-mates provide options makes holding onto the ball a much more viable tactic."
    Courtesy: Examiner.com

looks great! two EA games i always buy, NCAA and FIFA

Having played soccer from K through high school I used to HATE the FIFA series b/c it was no way even close to being "sim". However, they have made quite a bit of progress recently and although the game is still on the arcade side it has become a fairly enjoyable title to play.

Sounds good but my gaming dollar doesn't stretch as far as it used to. I will buy the next WORLD CUP version but until then, no soccer for me.

I may borrow it from one of my soccer buddies and then see if it's worth buying after a price drop.

I might have to look into this. I bought FIFA 10 last summer, but never got around to buying FIFA 11, though I thought about it. I definitely enjoy a nice soccer game. It's a nice change of pace from football, basketball, hockey and baseball.

Early game features list, courtesy Amazon:

• Player Impact Engine - Two years in development, the new physics engine is built to deliver real-world physicality in every interaction on the pitch. Experience an infinite variety of natural and believable outcomes in every contact.
    • Pro Player Intelligence - CPU players have been infused with self-awareness and aptitude, enabling them to make decisions based on their own skills as well as the strengths and attributes of their teammates.
    • Tactical Defending - Fundamentally changes the approach to defending by placing equal importance on positioning, intercepting passes and tackling at the right moment. Tactics and timing are crucial.
    • Precision Dribbling - Enjoy new ways to take on opponents, more time on the ball to make decisions, and complete control of the pace of the game. Utilize close dribble touches in tight spaces, on the wings, and even while fending off an opponent.
    • True Injuries - The Player Impact Engine monitors contact between players in real-time, analyzing the force of the collision and impact on the body to detect real injuries, creating a deeper more challenging Career Mode.

It looks and sounds great. The 12 series of sports games are shaping up to be some of the best from everything I have heard and read so far.

That's cuz its.....soccer.

Didn't play FIFA 11, my first and only game so far was the 2010 World Cup game, and I liked it. Will probably get 12 down the road.

The National Handegg League. I like the sound of it.

Just tell me you don't have the picture on the left hanging on your bedroom ceiling

No soccer posters anywhere to be seen. I was a Claudio Reyna fan and when he played for Man City, I took the team under my wing.

I really dug the Be-A-Player mode in the World Cup. If/when I get the game, that would probably be all I play.

Edit

That was just rude of me. Probably should wait to get to know you Husker fans better before going there.

back to futbol discussion.
    Last edited by bdoughty; 07-11-2011 at 05:22 PM.