Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: NCAA Football 12 - Launch Day Update

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by I OU a Beatn View Post
    JB is in full blown post whore mode. 4 back to back replies within 7 minutes.
    That's what I do! I didn't multi-quote on purpose right there....just to spite you two in the peanut gallery.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    That's what I do! I didn't multi-quote on purpose right there....just to spite you two in the peanut gallery.
    Guess who's not getting Trophy Whore of the Month next month...

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post

oh , man, come on,..almost 10,000 in a two year period..dude , please go talk to your real friends and give your thumbs a rest ( assuming you do this on a phone )

those thumbs must all buff and sinewey i'm around 2000 and feel thats too much as it is...and I thought I talked to much
    Last edited by ram29jackson; 07-09-2011 at 02:33 AM.

What do you mean "2 years"? We passed the ONE year anniversary of the site two months ago.

I'm personally hoping he steps it up. A lot. I've never seen anyone with 100,000 posts on a forum before, and I think this may be the only opportunity I get to see it. Come on, JB!

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    Is this different behavior than NCAA 11? I didn't spend practically any time with the demo, but audibles haven't felt differently in NCAA 12 from calling them in NCAA 11 ...
    Yup, it's absolutely different from '11, and '10 for that matter. Up until the demo for '12, you could always immediately call an audible or flip a play as soon as you break the huddle (or when going no-huddle immediately after you select a play). I noticed the bug in the demo for '12 right away, because as soon as I went no huddle and selected a play, I would try to call a formation audible or flip the play and it wouldn't "take" despite repeated attempts until all the players had finally finished getting up to the line and were set. The bug is a particularly big deal when you have seconds left on the play clock (or on the game clock at the end of the game), and you really need to flip a play or call one of your master audibles. With master audibles, you sometimes have to immediately flip them if the ball's spotted on the hash, and so you're waiting several seconds to be able to call the master audible, and then waiting several more seconds before you can flip the play. Very annoying! lol

Quote Originally Posted by jwallace0317 View Post
    Yup, it's absolutely different from '11, and '10 for that matter. Up until the demo for '12, you could always immediately call an audible or flip a play as soon as you break the huddle (or when going no-huddle immediately after you select a play). I noticed the bug in the demo for '12 right away, because as soon as I went no huddle and selected a play, I would try to call a formation audible or flip the play and it wouldn't "take" despite repeated attempts until all the players had finally finished getting up to the line and were set. The bug is a particularly big deal when you have seconds left on the play clock (or on the game clock at the end of the game), and you really need to flip a play or call one of your master audibles. With master audibles, you sometimes have to immediately flip them if the ball's spotted on the hash, and so you're waiting several seconds to be able to call the master audible, and then waiting several more seconds before you can flip the play. Very annoying! lol
    Is this just the demo that is like this?

Quote Originally Posted by prime9 View Post
    Is this just the demo that is like this?
    I've only heard from one person who has the retail version and looked into it, and he said the the bug is still there. So that, combined with the bug not being listed on the title update list, tells me it's probably going to be in the game until a second patch comes out.

Also, I should note that being to flip/audible on defense is unchanged, you can do it as quickly as you can press the buttons for it, just like it was for both offense and defense in '11.

Thanks for the quick reply. I hope the second patch comes up soon then

Quote Originally Posted by jwallace0317 View Post
    I've only heard from one person who has the retail version and looked into it, and he said the the bug is still there. So that, combined with the bug not being listed on the title update list, tells me it's probably going to be in the game until a second patch comes out.

Also, I should note that being to flip/audible on defense is unchanged, you can do it as quickly as you can press the buttons for it, just like it was for both offense and defense in '11.
    This is just a random question, but do we know for sure that it's a bug, and not something that EA intentionally coded in? I mean, it is EA that we're talking about here. They certainly have randomly added their fair share of odd things in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    This is just a random question, but do we know for sure that it's a bug, and not something that EA intentionally coded in? I mean, it is EA that we're talking about here. They certainly have randomly added their fair share of odd things in the past.
    Yeah, who knows...I guess I'm calling it a bug because calling audibles and flipping plays is sort of a core gameplay aspect, and something that essentially prevents you from calling a play, and could render master audible plays useless in some situations, seems buggish to me, especially when the "bug" is not present on defense.

Say you break the huddle with 10 seconds left, and immediately see that your opponent is coming out in a formation that's favorable to you. You want to call a master audible play, which is a screen pass to the left, but you need it to run to the right because you're on the left hash. In '11 and past versions, you could call the audible and flip it to the right direction in 4 button presses, and snap the ball in 5 or 6 seconds tops. Now, you have to wait for guys to finish lining up, THEN call the master audible, wait for the guys to finish lining up again, THEN flip the play, wait for guys to finish lining up....and by then the playclock has surely run out by that time. This is why I say "bug," lol.
    Last edited by jwallace0317; 07-09-2011 at 01:00 AM.

Oh I know man, it's all good. I definitely noticed this during my times in the demo, and it definitely is a pain in the ass, especially with only 2 minute quarters to begin with. There is no time to waste like that from the very beginning of the game in the demo. But like I said, this is EA we're talking about here. Figured I'd bring in another side of the discussion of this maybe not actually being a bug, just someone at EA thinking they just had a brilliant idea, and in the end it's a horrible idea, sort of like the strategy pad in Madden last year.

I don't think the flipping thing is a "bug", I think it's completely intentional to stop people from flipping the play until the defensive alignment is messed up...

Quote Originally Posted by C00KH4X View Post
    I don't think the flipping thing is a "bug", I think it's completely intentional to stop people from flipping the play until the defensive alignment is messed up...
    I think so too. Team's don't really call audibles until they see what the other team is doing, not immediately out if the huddle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by C00KH4X View Post
    Yeah, I don't really care about winning the argument over whether it's an actual bug or it's intentional....whatever "it" is, it's the functional equivalent of a bug because it can cause you to eat up 10 or more seconds just to call a master audible play that goes in the direction you need it to. If EA's concerned about the defensive alignment not being screwed up, there has to be a better way to address that issue than to turn calling audibles into a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    I think so too. Team's don't really call audibles until they see what the other team is doing, not immediately out if the huddle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "See what the other team is doing," which can be recognized before every single player is completely set. Audibles can sometimes involve a chess match in real life. The offense calls an audible, and the defense may change its look in response, the offense calls a different audible, etc. Anyone who's watched Peyton Manning operate an offense can see this. I'm a University of Florida guy, and I'd be rich if I had a nickel for every time Florida changed it's play call while a couple guys were still moving to set up the initial playcall. Teams also don't go through 10 seconds of movement just to call an audible going the right direction. If HB Toss is one of my master audibles, and I want it running to the right instead of the left, why should I have to wait for my team to line up and be set TWICE just to accomplish that? In real life, the audible would be called, the players would re-align, and then you just go.

i think we should verify this with more than "one dude" that may have known what you meant or something

Quote Originally Posted by Pig Bomb View Post
    i think we should verify this with more than "one dude" that may have known what you meant or something
    Agreed. Would take about 3 minutes for anyone with the retail version of the game to verify whether the issue still exists.

Quote Originally Posted by Pig Bomb View Post
    "I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."

Seriously though, I assume he's referring to me... I tested it early on, as you break the huddle, you cannot flip the formation. However, once you're to the line, you most certainly can. To me, it's a non-issue. Teams don't call audibles when players aren't even in position. You can still hot route while you're breaking the huddle.

I don't have a problem with it, either. I think it's fine the way it is.

i like it... will force some guys to use time outs as you would in real life if the wrong play is called late... adds more realism to the game...

"E"