Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NCAA Football 12 Review Central

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayrah View Post
    No it is a blessing. He made it nearly impossible to listen to the announcers. Plus he's not (and hasn't been in any for a long time) game broadcasts to speak of.
    Has it really been 7 years (2004) since Corso did Thursday night games with Tirico and Kirk?
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Quote Originally Posted by Jayrah View Post
    No it is a blessing. He made it nearly impossible to listen to the announcers. Plus he's not (and hasn't been in any for a long time) game broadcasts to speak of.
    nope, he gave dialog a flavor and has a funny voice, he is a humorous guy and should not have been taken out at all...granted, he probably isnt in any shape to do redo's..but its boring without his humor ..and dont call it a blessing he is out, thats just disrespectful to your elders

It's been terrible watching Corso go downhill so quickly. Soon, he won't be able to do College Gameday anymore either.... that'll be a sad day

I miss Corso, if only because he provided more variety in the commentary.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    We leave that to guys like I_OU, the king of rants that run contrary to his first impression
    The only reason I ever change my mind is because my first impression is usually right away, and my rant is usually several days/weeks after when the douches find out all the glitches/over powered plays and start using them.

For the record, I thought the demo was extremely good. The only thing I found to be of an issue are the amount of tipped balls the LOS, a few high jumps by LBs, and how all or nothing the pass rush is. I haven't played the demo a lot, but from what I have played I'd give it a solid A and say it's easily the best this generation and up there with the all time greats.

That's just based on the demo. Once the retail game comes out, it's possible I'll change my mind, especially once I start playing other human players.

Quote Originally Posted by I OU a Beatn View Post
    The only reason I ever change my mind is because my first impression is usually right away, and my rant is usually several days/weeks after when the douches find out all the glitches/over powered plays and start using them.
    Oh, I know buddy. Just good-natured ribbing.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    Oh, I know buddy. Just good-natured ribbing.
    I know you were messin' around, but it's true. A large portion of the games I end up bitching about I initially liked.

I have high hopes for NCAA '12, though. I enjoyed the demo and it plays extremely well. I'm excited for July 12th to roll around which isn't something I've been able to say for quite awhile.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    I just pretty much unilaterally hate everything. Then I'm pleasantly surprised when I actually like a game.

Cant wait! Midnight release is a must for me.

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    Basically every review says: great game; minor but noticeable enhancements; playbooks and coaching cvarousel enhance dynasty; RTG is greatly improved; commentary is awful and presentation is still weak. That's good enough for me

IGN gave it an 8.5. Link here.

I love how all these reviews are saying the game play is the same. That proves why you never, ever listen to mainstream reviews on football games. The subtraction of suction blocking/tackling along with the improved shotgun running, zone defense, etc... makes the game play WAY better than '11 ever was.

Just saw that Greg Miller reviewed it for IGN. That explains it all.
    Last edited by I OU a Beatn; 07-11-2011 at 08:21 AM.

Planet XBOX 360 - 9.4
    It’s that time of year again, where the fans and alumni from rival schools around the country are getting fired up for the upcoming season. No its not College Football season yet, but it is time for EA Sports to release their annual NCAA Football series. NCAA Football 12 is the copulation from 5 years of football games from EA Sports and Tiburon team on the Xbox 360. This year’s game is the Gold at the end of the rainbow for College Football fans as NCAA Football 12 looks to knock out any thought fans may have about buying the game annually

I love how all these reviews are saying the game play is the same. That proves why you never, ever listen to mainstream reviews on football games. The subtraction of suction blocking/tackling along with the improved shotgun running, zone defense, etc... makes the game play WAY better than '11 ever was.

Just saw that Greg Miller reviewed it for IGN. That explains it all.
    Yeah major review sites play for a couple hours call it good and don't notice the main details that have been worked on.

Thats because its possibly not noticable that those things are out to them. I won't be able to fully notice until I'm playing another user. Playing the CPU they tend to break and side step tackles with ease so I can't tell if its me or there outstanding ability to put on a Barry Sanders combined with Christian Okoye display.

First, I am so excited to get this game tomorrow. Second, I really hope EA is getting the message about commentary. I really think one of the reasons it hasn't been improved is because it is not one of the main requests from the community. Take for example, the GT new feature tournament. Presentation elements always get knocked out in the first two rounds. I really hope the community keeps this in mind when voting next year. I think EA is listening and that is evident with the addition of coaching carousel and custom playbooks.

My wish for next year: two commentary teams, dynamic commentary that changes with each season in your dynasty, highlights from other games (at least a score ticker that was in the last gen of games), and more of a TV style presentation (Madden 12). I know College Gameday would be difficult but the rest of the list has already been done in 2K's games.

I am really excited about the gameplay this year though and if they can just get the presentation elements right, you are looking at a game that is just amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    Planet XBOX 360 - 9.4
    It’s that time of year again, where the fans and alumni from rival schools around the country are getting fired up for the upcoming season. No its not College Football season yet, but it is time for EA Sports to release their annual NCAA Football series. NCAA Football 12 is the copulation from 5 years of football games from EA Sports and Tiburon team on the Xbox 360. This year’s game is the Gold at the end of the rainbow for College Football fans as NCAA Football 12 looks to knock out any thought fans may have about buying the game annually

Quote Originally Posted by coogrfan View Post
    Sounds kinda dirty.

Recruit
    Enjoyed the http://www.pastapadre.com/2011/07/10...12-impressions review, gets at the nitty gritty, points out the bad and good. The Planet Xbox review sounds like they read the product updates off the back of the retail box for some advertising dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Sounds kinda dirty.