Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: steelerfan's Slider Work and Stats Thread (NCAA 12)

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    Are you planning to start at UNT?
    No, I use a TB 'cupcake' roster. Prolly worse than unt's

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Lol. Yeah, probably.

In the MAC to Big 10 OD, I committed to using Akron. Then, I found out they're the absolute worst team in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    Lol. Yeah, probably.

In the MAC to Big 10 OD, I committed to using Akron. Then, I found out they're the absolute worst team in the game.
    That's who I replace with my TB team. First game is against tOSU.

First game is against tOSU.
    Hotseat.

I decided for my TB dynasty this year to use the rosters for the schools I'm replacing. Figured it'd be good for game balance that way and I wouldn't end up with a bunch of nearly identical teams since they are all cupcakes.

Quote Originally Posted by osufan4life View Post
    I decided for my TB dynasty this year to use the rosters for the schools I'm replacing. Figured it'd be good for game balance that way and I wouldn't end up with a bunch of nearly identical teams since they are all cupcakes.
    I did that before. I made a team from Alaska but since I was replacing Ball St., I used that roster. What I didn't realize until I started recruiting was that I inherited Ball St.'s pipelines. Since I was an Alaska school, I didn't Indiana, Illinois, Ohio, etc. as my pipelines so I switched the roster over to Idaho's. It worked out better geographically.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In an ideal situation, I found it's best to do both. Use the roster of the team you're replacing (for sake of balance) and have it be a geographical fit. Having pipelines that are outside your region is definitely a disadvantage now.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    In an ideal situation, I found it's best to do both. Use the roster of the team you're replacing (for sake of balance) and have it be a geographical fit. Having pipelines that are outside your region is definitely a disadvantage now.
    Wonder what happens if you use one of the generic rosters?

Wonder what happens if you use one of the generic rosters?
    I think there were changes to the generic rosters this year. But from experience with NCAA '10 and '11 ... the generic rosters were actually just an actual team with different numbers (and maybe different appearances). But the ratings and hometown/state were from a team otherwise in the game. So not only were you likely to have a roster from a state not near you, but you also had no idea where it was going to be. At least when you choose Idaho or Ball State you have an idea of where your pipelines will be.

I think there were changes to the generic rosters this year. But from experience with NCAA '10 and '11 ... the generic rosters were actually just an actual team with different numbers (and maybe different appearances). But the ratings and hometown/state were from a team otherwise in the game. So not only were you likely to have a roster from a state not near you, but you also had no idea where it was going to be. At least when you choose Idaho or Ball State you have an idea of where your pipelines will be.
    Hmmm, ok. I may need to adjust my rosters then. Thanks for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    I did that before. I made a team from Alaska but since I was replacing Ball St., I used that roster. What I didn't realize until I started recruiting was that I inherited Ball St.'s pipelines. Since I was an Alaska school, I didn't Indiana, Illinois, Ohio, etc. as my pipelines so I switched the roster over to Idaho's. It worked out better geographically.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Did not realize that... gonna have to update what teams I'm replacing (thanks for the info).

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Damn, same here. I was just gonna use the Cupcake roster, but that may not work now.

edit their hometowns and you're set.

Quote Originally Posted by DariusLock View Post
    edit their hometowns and you're set.
    Cant do that within TB I dont think. I guess u can once the team is downloaded.

You can't edit a player's hometown within Teambuilder, and, at least on NCAA '11, you couldn't after downloading it, because you were limited to making TB edits within Dynasty. With the ability to perform dynasty roster edits coming in the Day One Patch, that may be something that gets changed (I don't know the full scope of the patch yet).

You can't edit a player's hometown within Teambuilder, and, at least on NCAA '11, you couldn't after downloading it, because you were limited to making TB edits within Dynasty. With the ability to perform dynasty roster edits coming in the Day One Patch, that may be something that gets changed (I don't know the full scope of the patch yet).
    Bingo... Ben H please say what we can and cannot edit. A lot of folks think EVERYTHING will be able to be editied... I will bet dollars to donuts that is not the case. Key feautres we must be able to edit: HEIGHT, WEIGHT, POSITION, RATING, DEPTH CHART, everything else is gravy.

Any update on your sliders?

I plan to get a few games in today and release what I have so far before midnight.

Of course, the coming patch and potential for a tuner set may throw things out of balance, but I'll just have to deal with that as it happens.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

I'll add a couple of games tonight as well with these sliders just so you can see these from another user's style.

Quote Originally Posted by psusnoop View Post
    I'll add a couple of games tonight as well with these sliders just so you can see these from another user's style.
    Call me first, snoop. I've made a few changes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk