Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Powerhouse 2012

• Facebook
  • Display

Powerhouse 2012

I wanted to start a new thread to make things a little cleaner, however after going through all the teams I believe I have come up with a plan for NCAA 12.

First off, I know the big new thing this year will be OD's where everyone starts off as a coordinator and works their way up and while that sounds appealing here at Powerhouse we've had a problem finishing things out when we get away from the norm (Teambuilder dynasty comes to mind). So everyone will be starting as a head coach.

With that being said my first thought was to stay with powerhouse teams, however there just aren't enough top teir teams to where everyone can start out on an equal footing. This year what I've decided to do (which is still up for a vote from all the members) is to start off with non-BCS teams (mainly because this was the only group of teams that were fairly equal):

The one thing that I've taken away from playing the CPU so many times since Thursday is it is possible to lose, especially when you are the inferior team.

Coaching carousel will be on, if you so choose and at the end of the year you are offered a job you can accept it and move to another school. In playing around with this you may be at your school for a little while before moving up (at least to a school you would want to make a move to).

I understand that a lot of people become tied to their teams and don't want to take new jobs, with the ability to do conference changes at the end of every season we can now put together goals that must be met in order to move up to a BCS conference.

Right now my thought is at least two BCS bowl invites with one win and or multiple years finishing in the top 10 (still working out the details), this seems to be inline with Utah and TCU's rise to a BCS conference.

So to recap, the plan is to start off with non-BCS teams and use a combination of coaching carosel and team goals to move up through the ranks.

Let me know your thoughts on this plan.

Also, another thing I am looking into is creating a wiki page for the OD, as well as one for all the coaches so if anyone knows of any good hosted wiki sites out there let me know.

I almost forgot....

Team selection will be done via draft...I'll use a random number generator (I can even stream it live and have a draft selection show) to determine draft order.

Any consideration to allowing bcs teams moved down to non bcs conference such as the vanderbilts and baylors of the world? Just curious since obviously the first 3-4 teams have a distinct advantage.

Also wikia is a good free wiki site.

I'd be on board with this.

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    Any consideration to allowing bcs teams moved down to non bcs conference such as the vanderbilts and baylors of the world? Just curious since obviously the first 3-4 teams have a distinct advantage.

Also wikia is a good free wiki site.
    I am on board with moving BCS teams down, I was wanting all the teams to be C+ and 2-star prestige...I'll have to go back through and see what teams would fit. I'll look into that tonight once I get home tonight.

this sounds awesome, can i provide the youtube music videos for the live lottery selection show? i am thinking deion's must be the money should be the opener.

I guess everyone is on board with this plan?

I'm on board.

All for it.

I'm down....interested in the next 10 behind those 12

I'm good with it

We've got 7...waiting on the other 5.

I'm in. But one question. Is the online pass tied to the console or to the PSN account?

Quote Originally Posted by Kingpin32 View Post
    I'm in. But one question. Is the online pass tied to the console or to the PSN account?
    Both. Whichever console you first register it on, any user on that console can use the Online Pass. However, any other consoles, you have to be signed in.

Both. Whichever console you first register it on, any user on that console can use the Online Pass. However, any other consoles, you have to be signed in.
    Ok then I'm definitely in then. I had to make sure cause I didn't want to start my online pass on my cousin's PS3 and then go home and can't play online. I just have to make sure I sign in on my account before I use it.

That's fine with me.

Here's all the B- & C+ teams with 2* prestige or worse.

I personally would prefer to dump SDSU just so that no one has California (nor Texas & Florida) as a home. Ohio is still a possibility but at least there are three available teams from that state.

Sorry I missed this, I'm in of course as well and done for the layout as well.

I personally would prefer to dump SDSU just so that no one has California (nor Texas & Florida) as a home. Ohio is still a possibility but at least there are three available teams from that state.

I agree with this as well giving someone Cali right from the start with no one to go head to head against wouldn't be good at all.

thanks for making that list G, looks like a decent group of teams for everyone to pick from (i am a little dubious of someone using duke with a B+ offense) but I am not sure how the game plays right now. I also like the idea of dropping SDSU for recruiting purposes but wont mind either way.