Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Online Dynasty Interest (360)

• Facebook
  • Display

Online Dynasty Interest (360)

So it is about that time, time to get ideas for an online dynasty going. I don't have all the information for it yet but I was just wondering who would be interested in joining one once '11 drops for the 360.

What conference would you guys want to play in the most?

I personally would want a Big Ten one but whatever the majority wants!

Interest List (12) - See next post for team selection:
    BigBlue
    morsdraconis
    lilheavy
    SmoothPancakes
    Anton32
    cdj
    DookieMowf
    AustinWolv
    JBHuskers
    Solidice
    xRomo9
    Jayrah

XxDaMole00xX
    DrManateePhD

If more people are interested in an OD, still sign up and we will start forming a second group.
    Last edited by cdj; 07-17-2010 at 12:27 PM. Reason: added interest list

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Official The Gaming Tailgate Dynasty Information

Teams Selected

Big East
    West Virginia - MorsDraconis
    South Florida - Jayrah
    Open Spot (Teams available: Rutgers, Connecticut, Pittsburgh, Syracuse, Cincinnati, and Louisville)
    Big Ten
    Michigan - BigBlue
    Indiana - AustinWolv
    Penn State - Anton
    ACC
    Miami - JBHuskers
    Virginia Tech - CDJ
    Maryland - Solidice
    SEC
    Florida - Dookie
    Alabama - Romo
    LSU - lilheavy
    Last edited by morsdraconis; 06-23-2010 at 08:34 PM.

I would definately be down to play in a OD with some of the guys on this site. I'm down with any type of setup. A good group of guys and a commish who keep things flowing equals good times, winning or losing.
    Last edited by lilheavy; 06-09-2010 at 10:22 PM.

Looks like we're still trying to get a 360 contingent built up here.

But count me in for any OD we may get going. I have never really done anything with ODs in the past games, and unfortunately, I think that is what has lead to me eventually shelving the game as time goes on as doing nothing but playing the CPU over and over and over gets rather boring.

Whichever way it goes is cool with me, a Big 10 type, 3-stars of less, etc. I'm game for anything. Hopefully we can get more people interested in this and get one going.

Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
    This is the one I hope to get started:

http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/showthread.php?174-(360)-The-Rising-Stars-(3-prestige-and-lower-NCAA-10-11-league)

Love to get people interested in it for '11. I find building teams up WAY more fun than starting with the big boys.
    I'm definitely doing the above here on the website so if you are interested, please post in the thread above that you are interested and I'll be updating the schools available once the game hits the stores (I'll probably have it earlier than that) and once everyone has it, we'll decide on what conferences to play with and then we'll do a draft with random draft order to get the teams selected and get going with it.

I want in and I want Pennstate and be in the Big Ten conference!!!

I picked up the 360 version via the Dell offer, so count me in.

My only thoughts on conferences would be if we want each game to be human vs. human or how many a year. Personally, I like putting 2-4 humans in various conferences to make sure a user has a challenge for the conference title, but they don't have to go through the hassle of scheduling user games each week. I'll default it to BigBlue and mors if you two want to spearhead the 360 league.

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    I picked up the 360 version via the Dell offer, so count me in.

My only thoughts on conferences would be if we want each game to be human vs. human or how many a year. Personally, I like putting 2-4 humans in various conferences to make sure a user has a challenge for the conference title, but they don't have to go through the hassle of scheduling user games each week. I'll default it to BigBlue and mors if you two want to spearhead the 360 league.
    Awesome!

Glad to see you on the 360 this year Chris.

I'd be all for doing a multiple conference dynasty. Do something like the Pac 10, Big East, and Big 10 (all conferences without a conference championship game) conferences to give people something different. That way we could have 4 users in each conference. We could even move some teams around if we like.

I definitely think I'm going to abandon the Rising Stars league idea I had. I'm already basically doing that in two other leagues on TraditionFootball so I think I'd like to play with one of the big guys this year.

I just want to be Michigan :p

Recruit
    I'm interested... which way are you guys leaning towards doing this?

Slightly interested.
    a user has a challenge for the conference title, but they don't have to go through the hassle of scheduling user games each week.
    This +1.

Pace also is a big thing for me, as I had to drop out of a really good OD after 2 years because I just couldn't commit to advancing every single night anymore.

It would be painful to not have Michigan either, but I can manage as long as the owner doesn't screw them up.

I made a Big Ten one so if you are interested check out http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/for...-Nation&p=5987

I'm sure there will be more 360 ones but if you're interested in this one don't hesitate to sign up!

Recruit
    Ah, I would but less human games the better. I feel like part of the beauty of online dynasty is not having to play so many human games. Makes for a faster pace and less scheduling problems. Plus, I would only want Ohio State or Penn State State out of the Big 10. LOL

I'll have to withdraw my Name from this one.

Quote Originally Posted by DookieMowf View Post
    Ah, I would but less human games the better. I feel like part of the beauty of online dynasty is not having to play so many human games. Makes for a faster pace and less scheduling problems. Plus, I would only want Ohio State or Penn State State out of the Big 10. LOL

I'll have to withdraw my Name from this one.
    This isn't a big ten sign up thread, this is just an interest in joining a OD. Just a heads up :p

Recruit
    Oops. I read it wrong. Sorry.

I'm still interested in a OD.

Not to step on Bigblue's toes, but I've decided instead of doing a 3 star or below team dynasty (since I'm in two different ones on TraditionFootball) that a normal dynasty with 3 or 4 conferences would be a better way to go so let's talk format if you're interested.

My thoughts are this:

• The name will be the Official Gaming Tailgate Dynasty
    • 4 conferences, 3 teams each (or split up as evenly as possible if we don't have 12 players) (or maybe 4 teams in SEC and ACC and only 2 in Big Ten and Big East so that the schedules aren't as bad to matchup)
    • No less than 3 user vs user games a season (if, because of conference scheduling you don't play the other users in your league, we'll figure something out).
    • Conferences I was thinking about: Big East, SEC, Big Ten, and ACC so that we'd have LOTS of great competition for recruits since all those teams basically recruit in the same general areas.
    • Would think about moving teams around, but would like to keep teams in their respective conferences

Thoughts? Interest?

Figured I'd keep it here before I started up a new thread so that we can get everything sorted out here before starting it up.

I like this idea myself.

I like that set-up. Everyone else who has some interest in this OD, please share your thoughts!

I actually like this better so I don't have to schedule as many user games if we were all stacked in the same conf.

Phew, I was just hoping that people wouldn't get mad at me for this. But I like this idea alot! Michigan?!? :p