Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223

Thread: Titanfall (XB1, 360, PC)

• Facebook
  • Display
    I'm currently trying to unlock all attachments for all the weapons for the achievement
    Got that one already.

Not all that interested in gen'ing up anymore.

I just picked this up for 360 last night and had to literally force myself to stop playing at 3 this morning.
    Anyone here on 360 send me a friend request, would love to play some Titanfall with folks from around here.

Gen 10 level 50 and now all weapons, attachments, and mods unlocked. With nothing else to do, I guess I can finally stick to my Carbine and my Stryder + Chaingun combo that I love so much. Took over 22,000 kills and 120+ hours of game play to get it all done, and I'm still not bored of it. The yuppies that say this game has no content seriously shouldn't be allowed to play games.

Am I blind, or is there not a way to play Hardpoint only on the Expedition maps?

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx since I'm too lazy to get to the CPU.
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Am I blind, or is there not a way to play Hardpoint only on the Expedition maps?
    Nope, only way to play it is in the variety pack for Expedition. Fortunately they added a Expedition Attrition option, so if the #'s are there it could be added in the future.

Played one round on the swamp map and haven't gone back into the Expedition playlists. If someone told me that map was ripped directly out of a Modern Warfare game, I would believe them. Just fucking awful design. Nothing but an absolute camp fest.

I'm just hoping that's an anomaly and not something to expect from now on.

I've played CTF and HPD on Swampland with little camping.

The dude abides.

I have noticed a few things lately. Matchmaking is getting annoying as of late. I do not mind playing higher gen opponents, what I dislike is how long it takes to get into the game. Especially in the scenario where the other team is removed after a match due to a large margin of victory/defeat.

Seeing more people going auto-titan. Makes little sense to me as they are easy prey and it's an easy Titan kill. Guess they are trying to defend against the Rodeo and the Satchel going off as you try to exit a Titan. I have played against guys that run around all game doing that crap. If it were me I would take Rodeoing out of the game and make the Anti-Titan weapons a little more powerful instead.

Respawn screwed the pooch by not offering the campaign in a single player mode against bots. Something that allows people to practice with another tier or two of bot difficulty. It is not like they would have to change anything dramatically and the "story" was already there. The longer the game is out, the harder it will be for someone new to the game to complete it with less people to play with in that mode.

The sound is still broken. It is rare to hear people talk, the mics and controllers I have will not produce voice in this game. Both controllers and headsets are updated and work just fine in Peggle 2.
    Last edited by bdoughty; 05-21-2014 at 07:37 AM.

What is your anti-Titan weapon of choice? I just unlocked the charge thingy, and IMO it doesn't work that well.

Also when rodeo'ing a Titan, can you place a grenade? Or just your primary gun?
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
    I have noticed a few things lately. Matchmaking is getting annoying as of late. I do not mind playing higher gen opponents, what I dislike is how long it takes to get into the game. Especially in the scenario where the other team is removed after a match due to a large margin of victory/defeat.

Seeing more people going auto-titan. Makes little sense to me as they are easy prey and it's an easy Titan kill. Guess they are trying to defend against the Rodeo and the Satchel going off as you try to exit a Titan. I have played against guys that run around all game doing that crap. If it were me I would take Rodeoing out of the game and make the Anti-Titan weapons a little more powerful instead.

Respawn screwed the pooch by not offering the campaign in a single player mode against bots. Something that allows people to practice with another tier or two of bot difficulty. It is not like they would have to change anything dramatically and the "story" was already there. The longer the game is out, the harder it will be for someone new to the game to complete it with less people to play with in that mode.

The sound is still broken. It is rare to hear people talk, the mics and controllers I have will not produce voice in this game. Both controllers and headsets are updated and work just fine in Peggle 2.
    The matchmaking is unbearable. It takes absolutely forever and 90% of the time the teams are so unmatched it's not even fun. Correcting this should be priority #1.

Yeah, people going auto titan is definitely becoming more of a trend. Unfortunately for them, it's a stupid one. I've basically seen people using 1 of 2 tactics:

1. They go auto titan and while you're engaging the auto titan, they'll be near by trying to take you out with an anti-titan weapon. I'm to the point now where I'll just focus on killing the pilot and then going ahead and taking out the auto titan. This probably has something to do with people trying to land critical hits or doom titans with certain anti-titan weapons for the regeneration challenges.

2. They go auto titan and try to rodeo you, place a couple satchel charges, wait until you get out, and then blow your ass up for an easy kill, only to finish off the auto titan after they're done with you. I've always had electric smoke, but people have started getting smarter and jumping off, hiding, and then jumping back on while my electric smoke is charging. This is when they used to get me with satchel charges, because then I'd have no choice but to bail out. I'm to the point now where when that situation happens, I'll either fire a cluster missile at the ground/wall and turn my back to it so that it kills the guy rodeoing me, or if those are charging, I'll just stay in until they doom me and kill them in the air.

I think the sound is fine. People just rarely talk in this game for some reason.

What is your anti-Titan weapon of choice? I just unlocked the charge thingy, and IMO it doesn't work that well.

Also when rodeo'ing a Titan, can you place a grenade? Or just your primary gun?
    Honestly, they all suck. They all have their strengths and weaknesses, but the anti-titan weapons just aren't that good. I think they're best used when a couple of titans are engaging each other and you have the chance to help your teammate out. Other than that situation, I rarely even use them.

You can place satchel charges on them, not grenades. Make sure you get off and away from it before you blow it, though, they've got some nasty range to them. A popular tactic online is to rodeo a guy, throw a couple satchel charges on him, wait until he hops out, jump off, and blow it for an easy pilot kill.

You can also use the charge rifle with a rodeo. All the other anti-titan weapons kill you if used while doing a rodeo. The Spitfire + Slammer combo is BY FAR the most effective rodeo gun. It'll take down an Atlas in like 3 or 4 seconds.

I've had the best luck with the homing anti-Titan weapon.

I use satchel charges anyways so that's good.
    The dude abides.

I now only use the sidewinder. Let two Titans get in a fight, wait until the enemy Titan is drained 3/4 of the way and start blasting. Very good chance you will get the Titan kill.

Love how they have trophy icons for campaign.

The dude abides.

http://www.titanfall.com/news/ctf-ma...c-and-xbox-one

Have yet to read it but it looks to go into serious detail on matchmaking.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/06/...-two-new-modes

Titanfall June Update Introduces Two New Modes and more...
    Last edited by JBHuskers; 06-12-2014 at 09:10 AM.

Marked for Death sounds cool. I'm just not into the Last Titan Standing mode.
    The dude abides.

Not overly interested in the 2v2 LTS mode, but Marked for Death sounds crazy. Nice mode addition there that should increase tension. Just wish I had time to play.