Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 LastLast

Thread: NCAA Football 12 Demo - Share Your Impressions

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Travis View Post
    Yeah, but it does happen every time... or at least 75% of the time... hard to say when the CPU doesn't call the same play that often... but against cover 3 I see my streak to the outside WR run by the corners EVERY time.
    That's not good then. Hopefully this type of stuff can be tuned and fixed quickly. I really, really wish we had sliders to adjust while playing the demo.

The thing that sold me with NCAA 12 was this ad.

Quote Originally Posted by Flav View Post

Stevie on twitter showed me the same thing lmao.

Back in America from vacation but still hours away from being home. I'll finally get to play the demo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The juke move has been destroyed by the dev team and I don't consider this a good thing. Quite frankly I didn't think the juke was over powered last year. The spin move is often more effective. As it stands right now the juke move does virtually nothing. That was my favourite move and now it's been neutered completely. It is useless. I guess I better learn to just use the L-stick for moves or rely completely on the spin because the juke is dead. Not happy about this.

Played the game last night for a bit and I although it feels like a slight upgrade from last year, the 3 biggest issues for me are STILL IN THE GAME!

1) CPU still knows my play call and is calling defenses accordingly. Call a pass and get a weak 3 man front, call a run and get a 4 man front.
    2) CPU CB blitz is far TOO EASY to see coming and DESTROY. They also call this far too often no matter how bad you destroy it. Stinks because just when I get a good drive going and the game is tough they start CB blitzing and all I have to do is whip it out to the WR.
    3) I still see SUPER jumping to knock balls out of the sky. In real life the ball would be 12+ feet in the air and no one would be touching it.

I did like the fact that not all passes end up in either a catch or INT. I LOVE the READ OPTION this year. I like how the counters were fixed. Looks like they nerfed the speed option possibly to the point of useless. Game seems a tad bit more balanced between run/pass.

Looks like I suffered from eye cancer...
    the colours seem to blend and even dazzle a little bit (PS3). I'm used to the NCAA11 colour scheme.
    Anybody else reporting this problem?

The juke was overpowered in past versions IMO. I honestly felt it more appropriate playing the demo, although I agree that a RB with the highest of agility and acceleration should be able to break a single defender down pretty easily.

Played the demo a couple more times last night on Heisman still using only Texas. The game felt even better than the first night, but part of that is getting used to how it plays of course. Heisman feels the best it has in years though, being pretty fair about stuff instead of cheap. The only complaint I have thus far is that the CPU running game (blocking, really) is probably a bit overpowered in that you'll be stuffing it, stuffing it, and then all of a sudden their OL completely destroys your DL and the RB goes for TD a remarkably high % of the time when that happens.

Really like seeing the CPU QB realism so far or so it feels at least since we can't really check stats, not hitting every perfect pass. Makes some bad throws, holds onto the ball when nobody is open, has to deal with pressure......still takes too many sacks when waiting on screens though....throw it in the damn dirt would be a nice logic choice for EA to add someday! Overall, nicely done.

The zones are much more effective. Defense seems like a return to '09 (I think it was '09) in which if you got someone in 3rd and long, it would be a pass breakup, a short pass to force 4th down, or a sack if they sat waiting on long routes.......not as wide-open as the past couple of versions.

Now that I'm back from my cruise to Mexico, I'm about to play the demo for the first time!

Quote Originally Posted by Flav View Post
    I saw that the other day. I wasn't sure whether to laugh or just shake my head at it.

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    I saw that the other day. I wasn't sure whether to laugh or just shake my head at it.
    My preference would be for the person that harped on it for so long and loud to punch himself in the balls. smh

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Quote Originally Posted by AustinWolv View Post
    My preference would be for the person that harped on it for so long and loud to punch himself in the balls. smh

Just had an interesting thing happen in the demo:

I went for two accidently on a fake FG. QB throws to the TE and the ball hits the defenders knees and the TE dives for it and makes the play but is originally called no good. The booth reviews it and overturns it before the kickoff.

Played 1 game. I won 17-0, AA default. It's going to take awhile for me to get used to the new playcalling screen. I keep changing formations because I'm used to hitting left and right to change plays. The 3D grass looked funny at first to me. The first time I saw it, it just looked like the screen was fuzzy.

Small nit-picky thing. Teams warm-up BEFORE the intro/entrances. Teams come out, warm up, go back inside, then when they come out with their unique entrance, they go to the sidelines and the captains go out to the 50 for the coin flip.

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    Small nit-picky thing. Teams warm-up BEFORE the intro/entrances. Teams come out, warm up, go back inside, then when they come out with their unique entrance, they go to the sidelines and the captains go out to the 50 for the coin flip.

I'm honestly not positive, but in a real-world broadcast, what order do they generally show that stuff in? Don't they use some of that warm-up video as b-roll during pre-game discussion? I could be wrong.

NCAA Football 12 Demo Impressions (VIDEO)

The cpu AI is pretty dumb in the demo. I'm trying to let the cpu score to tie it sometimes by calling a goalline all out blitz against a 3 WR package and the cpu ran one time against me and on two pass plays refused to throw it to the wide open slot WR. Don't you want to score? They need to be able to recognize those mismatches and take advantage of them. I think we are still a long, long way from having the cpu resemble a thinking human opponent.

I blocked a FG. Human controlled. Haven't done that in an unbelievable amount of time. CPU was going for a FG before half expired from 40+ yards. I decided to manual the MLB, moved slightly left of the G and somehow got through between the two blockers and blocked it clean. Very surprised by it. Wish I had video.

I've noticed since then that it seems like the outside guys seem to get a touch closer to the kicker/holder routinely than in '11, but I might be imagining things.....

Played more last night and like always, this game feels like it could be AWESOME with a few game play issues cleaned up that of course never get cleaned up.
    1) CPU shows CB blitz they should sometimes NOT BLITZ and drop into a zone. This would severely lesson the problem with this horrible play.
    2) Safeties need to cover the deep zone on the wide side of the field much better. Either that or the corners need to funnel the receivers inside to give the safety a chance.
    3) 25 yard passes over the middle need to not be tipped up in the air so much.
    4) CPU QB sometimes gets stuck back there until he is sacked. Its almost like the code is stuck in an infinite loop or something.
    5) Jump the snap is still in the game and easily the most non realistic thing ever, thanks EA.
    6) The defense is pre-snap shifting TOO much and showing too much of their hand IMO.
    7) Option pitches.... I have a feeling that EA didn't know how to tone down the speed option other then to break it completely.
    8) Still not sure if a slow QB is a viable option relative to a fast QB since THP and THA don't seem to matter that much.

Stuff I like:
    1) SG running game = FINALLY a reason to use it!
    2) And I don't only mean the SG SPRINT option for a change!!!
    3) SG READ Option is now viable with the QB.
    4) Suction blocking is greatly turned DOWN!
    5) The Scramble and CHUCK it seems to be less effective.
    6) Obviously the custom playbooks are going to make the game MUCH more friendly.
    7) Looks like DEFAULT HEISMAN is a very playable level!!!!
    8) Last year's demo I was putting up 40+, this year typically between 10 and 20.

I did not see this much on heisman. Then again without instant replay its hard to tell. Plus I typically look underneath. I hope this is NOT an issue as it would be a game killer.

Quote Originally Posted by THE Travis View Post
    Yeah, but it does happen every time... or at least 75% of the time... hard to say when the CPU doesn't call the same play that often... but against cover 3 I see my streak to the outside WR run by the corners EVERY time.