Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kinect Version

• Facebook
  • Display
    Freshman

Kinect Version

i have not heard much about how the kinect will be enabled for the NCAA 12. Are any details out there about this or videos?

There's a reason you haven't heard much; there is no support for Kinect in NCAA Football 12.

Freshman
    It was annouced at E3 that madden and NCaa would have kinect enabled for both games this year

Quote Originally Posted by SirHellraiser View Post
    It was annouced at E3 that madden and NCaa would have kinect enabled for both games this year
    It was? Don't think so.

Freshman
    Never mind just madden fifa and tw

No, it wasn't. EA said something about future titles possibly supporting it, but nothing was said of NCAA.

Quote Originally Posted by SirHellraiser View Post
    Never mind just madden fifa and tw
    And I believe that the statement was that they were looking into how to use Kinect in Madden NFL, FIFA, and Tiger Woods for the 2012 calendar year; this would mean that Madden NFL 12 and FIFA 12 won't have Kinect support, but there may be support for the device in Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13, Madden NFL 13, and FIFA 13.

Quote Originally Posted by Paakaa10 View Post
    support for the device in Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13, Madden NFL 13, and FIFA 13.
    ^^^^^^Yes,

and they mentioned things like being able to use Kinect to call audibles and motion. I doubt we are at the stage of physically playing with Kinect

Quote Originally Posted by psuexv View Post
    I doubt we are at the stage of physically playing with Kinect
    Hopefully it stays that way. If using motion control ever becomes a requirement, I'll be done with gaming. Gaming is my relaxing time, I don't want to be jumping around, flailing my arms like an idiot to enjoy a hobby.

I don't want to be jumping around, flailing my arms like an idiot to enjoy a hobby.
    You do too much of it at work?

No, but regardless, I'm a huge naysayer of motion control. I do not like it.

Quote Originally Posted by I OU a Beatn View Post
    I'm actually for it in certain situations. I think with the Wii and playing those types of games with the family is fun, or some of the games that the Kinect has.

However, I'm totally against my sports games and shooter games being motion. They always need to give me the controller option.

Shooter games could be friggin' awesome if it was done well..........the jazz hand thing shown in the next Ghost Recon game at E3 was discouraging. But I'd love to see a shooter game that had you do an actual reload motion to reload, being able to aim and fire quickly, bring your hand up to slap the bolt release like on a real AR15 (or some generic motion like that to do it for the different types of guns in the game), do a scope throw lever motion to zoom in with a scope.......but I don't hold out hope that game devs would do realistic motions like that since kiddies don't actually know proper gun manipulations....

Yeah if done correctly and only parts of the shooter as motion. I don't want to have to run and crouch. But I do think head motion would be cool as hell if they could incorporate that.

I was also very very disappointed with the Star Wars Kinect game shown at E3.

Quote Originally Posted by psuexv View Post
    Yeah if done correctly and only parts of the shooter as motion. I don't want to have to run and crouch. But I do think head motion would be cool as hell if they could incorporate that.

I was also very very disappointed with the Star Wars Kinect game shown at E3.
    I'd go with the head motion as well but you would need some big ass TV's to turn right while still watching the screen to shoot that SOB.

I don't want to see motion on my sports games or shooters.
    Last edited by psusnoop; 06-24-2011 at 05:41 PM.

<<<<<<< could care less about Kinect

I have PS3 Move, but don't use it that much, considering there are not that many good titles just for it yet.

I don't want to see motion on my sports games or shooters. If I want to play something like that then I will (and I do with the family).
    Posting that you shoot your family is a piece of evidence that will assist authorities later in piecing together your case. Just a heads-up.

Quote Originally Posted by I OU a Beatn View Post
    +1

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by AustinWolv View Post
    Posting that you shoot your family is a piece of evidence that will assist authorities later in piecing together your case. Just a heads-up.

Lol maybe should have rewrote that slightly.

I'm much too lazy to play a Kinect version of NCAA Football and Madden.