Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NCAA Football 12: The Hunt

• Facebook
  • Display

NCAA Football 12: The Hunt

*Edited by gschwendt
    Use this thread to discuss trying to find the game early. Do not post any store specifics in this thread... if someone is in the same area as you, we recommend sending PMs between members to discuss specifics. As well, anyone who claims to have the game early should be prepared to post a picture of the game in hand.

20 long days. I'll have the game by then lol.
    Last edited by gschwendt; 06-15-2011 at 03:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by xMrHitStickx904 View Post
    20 long days. I'll have the game by then lol.
    How is that possible?

Recruit
    Quote Originally Posted by hawkeyeguy View Post
    How is that possible?
    I think he plans on breaking into EA and stealing a copy, although my information could be wrong.

How is that possible?
    It's a secret I got Madden last year on July 24th, game came out August 10th.

NCAA 12 is done, development for it is over. All they are doing now is more than likely pressing it to CD's for the PS3 and the 360. Even though the game drops July 12th, NCAA will start shipping to overseas stores probably around June 22nd because the shipping times to overseas markets are different from American markets. American stores start getting NCAA about 10-12 days before release. That my friend, is when the game hunting begins.

It's a secret I got Madden last year on July 24th, game came out August 10th.

NCAA 12 is done, development for it is over. All they are doing now is more than likely pressing it to CD's for the PS3 and the 360. Even though the game drops July 12th, NCAA will start shipping to overseas stores probably around June 22nd because the shipping times to overseas markets are different from American markets. American stores start getting NCAA about 10-12 days before release. That my friend, is when the game hunting begins.
    Kudos for you "game hunting" but unless you have some sort of an "in" I will be shocked if you get it that far in advance of actual release date.

Kudos for you "game hunting" but unless you have some sort of an "in" I will be shocked if you get it that far in advance of actual release date.
    I'm aiming for it, hopefully I can, I got high expectations after years of getting it the day it came out lol.

Pictures when you get it!

I'm aiming for it, hopefully I can, I got high expectations after years of getting it the day it came out lol.
    So I'm guessing you have an "in" somewhere?

So I'm guessing you have an "in" somewhere?
    yeah, pretty much lol. hope he comes through again this year.

I've never been able to get any game ahead of the street date. It would be nice but it just ain't gonna happen.

Odds are I'll be getting it at least a week early again this year.

Recruit
    I think I might have a good shoot at getting it early again. I sure hope so. It sucks seeing people with the game a week early and we have to wait until release day.

I'm not quite sure what the thrill of "getting it early" is? I actually enjoy the hunt.

I'm not quite sure what the thrill of "getting it early" is? I actually enjoy the hunt.
    The fact that you have it....?

DUH!

Enjoy the hunt or enjoy the wait? 'Cause if the hunt is successful ... wouldn't you get it early?
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Meh. Getting it early, getting it on release day. Makes absolutely no difference to me. I have plenty of games already to play to keep me occupied until release day. Plus I get all my games now through Amazon, since they usually tend to have a credit attached to them. Now if only those bastards at Amazon would actually put a credit on NCAA 12. Madden 12 already has a $20 credit, but nothing on NCAA.

i literally only buy and play one game all year long... i play NOTHING else... just NCAA... so the release day is always huge for me... never tried getting it early but if i could it would sweeten my birthday that much more... my b-day is july 15th so the release is always within 3-4 days of my birthday, cant remember if it has ever fallen on it, but anyways... the "hunt" would be sweet if i had the time, but i just wait, plus our gamestops here in town usually do a good job on getting a tournament together and pizza for the release night so im always there...

"E"

The thrill of the hunt is incredible, the calls, texts, driving to mom & pop stores. NCAA and Madden release dates are like the Christmas days in the summer months for the majority of people.

we have NO mom and pop stores in Raleigh NC... major stores and Gamestop can't be tricked or fooled these days....we are crap outta luck here!

Quote Originally Posted by Pig Bomb View Post
    we have NO mom and pop stores in Raleigh NC... major stores and Gamestop can't be tricked or fooled these days....we are crap outta luck here!
    We have two small, privately owned game stores, however, since they are stores that specifically sell games and movies, they never break the street date. The only time I ever bothered trying to get the game early, I was able to get it the Thursday or Friday before release date from a small, private game shop that the guy routinely sells games the very day he gets them in, long before the actual street date, however, I had to drive all the way to Bowling Green, OH to get it, an hour long drive just one way from where I live. For me, it's not worth it, both in time (2+ hours), and in the cost of gas used driving there and back.