Thread: Quitting Smoking - Give Me The Horror Stories

• Facebook
  • Display

Quitting Smoking - Give Me The Horror Stories

i'm in the middle of a 36 to 48 hour period of quitting smoking. I did just under a pack a day for the last few years and a little less than that for a few years before that.

seems wierd but I think i actually had the dizziness, loss of balance getting out of bed today, and vertigo..if this is normal, thats fine, but its freaking me out...

anyone else go through this?

My dad stopped smoking cold turkey in September and hasn't touched a cigarette since. Good luck, man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good luck. I quit yesterday but think i'll start up again. Ah fuck, that's not what you're looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    My dad stopped smoking cold turkey in September and hasn't touched a cigarette since. Good luck, man.

anything about what he went through ? experienced?

Quote Originally Posted by Nothingface View Post
    Good luck. I quit yesterday but think i'll start up again. Ah fuck, that's not what you're looking for.

no dude, its not

Quote Originally Posted by ram29jackson View Post
    i actually had the dizziness, loss of balance getting out of bed today, and vertigo..anyone else go through this?
    I have spells of that several times a week. Likely a result of being an eXtreme athlete*, in my case though.

*I consume unholy amounts of beer regularly

Good luck quitting fellas. One thing I am very thankful I never got into. Sure, I smoked one or two cigarettes in high school (hey, peer pressure's a bitch, besides, who hasn't smoked at least once in high school?), but I never got addicted to them. It is actually VERY difficult, if not impossible, for me to become addicted to something since I have never become addicted to anything, despite trying out a number of different addiction creating things.

The only stuff I do is drink (I love me some scotch, along with beer) and I like to smoke an occasional cigar now and then, though I haven't had a cigar in probably a year or so. If I were to ever for some reason start smoking more than a cigar every couple months or year, if anything I'd go the route of the pipe.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    who hasn't smoked at least once in high school?
    Actually, I've never smoked in my life. Not once. But, I grew up around my mom smoking every day and, apparently, it caused enough scar tissue in my lungs (I'm a walking example of second hand smoke) that, if I did, I'd probably die (granted, that was a good 15 years ago, so it's probably better now).

The only stuff I do is drink (I love me some scotch, along with beer)
    You sound like me man. Scotch is, by far, my favorite alcohol now. It's cheap and it's fuckin' amazingly good (on the rocks, of course).

Quote Originally Posted by Nothingface View Post
    That was surprisingly funny

Good luck quitting fellas. One thing I am very thankful I never got into. Sure, I smoked one or two cigarettes in high school (hey, peer pressure's a bitch, besides, who hasn't smoked at least once in high school?), but I never got addicted to them. It is actually VERY difficult, if not impossible, for me to become addicted to something since I have never become addicted to anything, despite trying out a number of different addiction creating things.

The only stuff I do is drink (I love me some scotch, along with beer) and I like to smoke an occasional cigar now and then, though I haven't had a cigar in probably a year or so. If I were to ever for some reason start smoking more than a cigar every couple months or year, if anything I'd go the route of the pipe.
    I have never smoked a Cig (they have alwasy stunk to me for some reason), but I do smoke a cigar about once every 4-6 months, give me that with a glass of Jack or a rum and coke and I am set for the evening .

I tried sctoch for the first time two weeks ago and I didnt like it at all. That Jack with Honey is an awesome drink though. lol

Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
    Actually, I've never smoked in my life. Not once. But, I grew up around my mom smoking every day and, apparently, it caused enough scar tissue in my lungs (I'm a walking example of second hand smoke) that, if I did, I'd probably die (granted, that was a good 15 years ago, so it's probably better now).

You sound like me man. Scotch is, by far, my favorite alcohol now. It's cheap and it's fuckin' amazingly good (on the rocks, of course).
    Yeah, definitely not everyone has, just throwing that line out as to why I did.

Yep, I find myself now more than ever, drinking Scotch along with some Brandy. I still work some beer in there, but Scotch and Brandy are my main alcoholic drinks right now.

Quote Originally Posted by oweb26 View Post
    I have never smoked a Cig (they have alwasy stunk to me for some reason), but I do smoke a cigar about once every 4-6 months, give me that with a glass of Jack or a rum and coke and I am set for the evening .

I tried sctoch for the first time two weeks ago and I didnt like it at all. That Jack with Honey is an awesome drink though. lol
    Yeah, I definitely enjoy a nice cigar every so often. It's got that nice mellow taste/flavor to it, and like you said, get a glass of your favorite alcohol, and you are ready to just sit back and relax for the entire evening. Cigarettes, people end up smoking through them constantly to get that nicotine fix. For me with cigars, it's all about that laying back, relaxing to the fullest possibility that you can, having a nice drink along with it, enjoying the smooth taste, and, relaxing.

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post

Well i was a smoker and my days were like hell without smoking. But for some reason i had to quit smoking. Now i am much better than before. Whoever wanna quit smoking i will say good luck. Its not so difficult how we think, its much easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Whountlence View Post
    Well i was a smoker and my days were like hell without smoking. But for some reason i had to quit smoking. Now i am much better than before. Whoever wanna quit smoking i will say good luck. Its not so difficult how we think, its much easy.
    Are you a spammer?

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    Are you a spammer?
    I am.

LMAO 3 years later bumpage FTW.

The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    I have spells of that several times a week. Likely a result of being an eXtreme athlete*, in my case though.

*I consume unholy amounts of beer regularly
    This was from 2.5 years ago. You'd think would be in Sochi by now.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    This was from 2.5 years ago. You'd think would be in Sochi by now.

The fucking IOC doesn't recognize my sport. Bastards.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    The fucking IOC doesn't recognize my sport. Bastards.

The dude abides.