View Poll Results: How do you feel about NCAA Football 12 Post-E3?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • Excited; NCAA Football 12 looks great and I will/have pre-ordered it.

16 44.44%
  • Positive; nothing out of E3 affected me, but I'm feeling positive about the game.

17 47.22%
  • Guarded; despite the E3 news and information, I still plan to wait and see the final game.

3 8.33%
  • Negative; nothing out of E3 affected me, but I'm feeling negative about the game.

0 0%
  • Apathetic; I'm not a fan of NCAA Football, and nothing has changed from what I've seen this year.

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pulse of The Tailgate: NCAA Football 12 Post-E3

• Facebook
  • Display

Pulse of The Tailgate: NCAA Football 12 Post-E3

Just wanted to put together a poll here to gauge the Pulse of The Tailgate as it concerns NCAA Football 12 now that the week of E3 has come and gone.

We've gotten a good deal of information prior to E3 from blogs on the official site and the reactions of Community Event attendees here at The Gaming Tailgate as well as at other fan sites in the community. More information is expected to be revealed about Road to Glory mode this coming week and the demo is set for release on Tuesday, June 28th; just over two weeks away.

At E3, some videos, interviews, impressions, and trailers were revealed and can be found here in the forums at The Gaming Tailgate.

So how do you feel about NCAA Football 12? Vote in the poll and share details in a post.
    Last edited by Paakaa10; 06-12-2011 at 04:06 PM.

I am waiting until RTG info comes out tomorrow/this week

Guarded

LOL everyone here is getting the game regardless of feelings or thoughts, even whiny rhombic

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    I'm getting the game no matter what because of coaching carousel, custom playbook, and custom conferences. That alone will make the game something I'll actually play past 3-4 months (unlike the past 4-5 games).

I already have it paid off.

I voted positive. I'm certainly getting the game and there have been a lot of nice improvements to the game but there are also a couple things that I know will still need work. Just another evolutionary step in the series.

I think one of the best football games I played that had small changes that led to long lasting big improvements was Madden '03 on the PS2. Madden '01 was the first game and it was solid but needed expected work as a first offering. Madden '02 took some steps back that led me to not like it that much. But Madden '03 was a lot better. I didn't think it was noticeably better after my first day with it but the game was balanced (offence vs. defense, run vs. pass, inside run vs. outside run) and that led to long term satisfaction. My biggest concern is the cpu shotgun running game and if it's balanced compared to a traditional cpu run game. I really hope there aren't too many negative runs out of that offense.

I cant wait till RTG news comes out and some of the mods in here can spill the beans

Quote Originally Posted by ram29jackson View Post
    LOL everyone here is getting the game regardless of feelings or thoughts
    This may be; but the question isn't so much focused on whether or not people are planning to purchase the game--knowing that most of the people here are going to buy it every year--but instead on how people are feeling about the game now that the big showcase of E3 has come and gone and the retail game is just over a month away. It's a subtle difference in tone of the question, but a difference nonetheless.

Quote Originally Posted by Paakaa10 View Post
    This may be; but the question isn't so much focused on whether or not people are planning to purchase the game--knowing that most of the people here are going to buy it every year--but instead on how people are feeling about the game now that the big showcase of E3 has come and gone and the retail game is just over a month away. It's a subtle difference in tone of the question, but a difference nonetheless.
    Yeah alot of people are gone to buy it, but If they were looking for a big showcase and flooded with vids of NCAA, It didnt happen. There were a couple of vids, but no way near the amount of madden. Another thing is Ea planned on giving out more vids if people would subscribe to their youtube page. It has been 3 days and only a few hundred suscribers. So dont plan on those vids coming any time soon

Quote Originally Posted by illwill10 View Post
    Another thing is Ea planned on giving out more vids if people would subscribe to their youtube page. It has been 3 days and only a few hundred suscribers. So dont plan on those vids coming any time soon
    To the best of my knowledge, all videos from E3 that were intended for release have now been made available. There was another "call" put out this past Thursday morning for more followers to "unlock" a new video for NCAA Football 12 and Madden NFL 12 and the videos ended up released by the end of the day. The NCAA unlock was the Clemson versus South Carolina video and the Madden unlock was the Packers versus Bears video.

Just wanted to dispel any rumor that EA was holding out on video releases. Hopefully with the expected Road to Glory information coming this week there will be more media from the game coming from EA anyway.

Hopefully with the expected Road to Glory information coming this week there will be more media from the game coming from EA anyway.
    I think it will come out tomorrow. I pmed Alex Howell a while ago and he said it would be lifted 6/13. and since Ben said it will be this week, I think it will be tomorrow

my point is this, its a consumer entertainment product. You buy it, you play with it. If youre feeling guarded about a video game release, its time to get a life haha

my point is this, its a consumer entertainment product. You buy it, you play with it. If youre feeling guarded about a video game release, its time to get a life haha
    I think people are permitted to be "guarded" about something that will cost them $60 and they are trying to find significant enjoyment from. We see it all the time from people who say things like, "It sounds good, but I'm going to wait until the demo until I give my verdict on it for sure." The kind of people who spend a lot of time here at TGT are the kind of people who are going to be significantly invested in the game being good every year. Some people get fired up about video games, some people get fired up about other things; none of these people need to "get a life." A lot of them do plenty outside of video games while still being frequent participants in conversation here.

Just thought it was an interesting thing to read from a guy who started a thread here saying nothing but:
    just looked at OS and it looks like teambuilder 12 will start a week before game release with nothing new on the creative end added

Back to the point of this thread; it's interesting to see that the "Pulse of The Tailgate" is still trending positive after a bit of an underwhelming showing from the game at E3. I'll be putting together a more in-depth post with my thoughts on the topic later tonight or tomorrow.

While disappointed in NCAA Football 12 being featured on the side of a milk carton during day on of E3, I went with Excited but Positive could have fit since I feel E3 didn't do much to move the needle in terms of excitement.

There's too many big changes (Custom Playbooks, Coaching Carousel, Custom Conferences, Road to Glory overhaul, improved zone coverage, & enhanced collision system) for me personally to not be excited for the game.

I think people are permitted to be "guarded" about something that will cost them $60 and they are trying to find significant enjoyment from. We see it all the time from people who say things like, "It sounds good, but I'm going to wait until the demo until I give my verdict on it for sure." The kind of people who spend a lot of time here at TGT are the kind of people who are going to be significantly invested in the game being good every year. Some people get fired up about video games, some people get fired up about other things; none of these people need to "get a life." A lot of them do plenty outside of video games while still being frequent participants in conversation here.

Just thought it was an interesting thing to read from a guy who started a thread here saying nothing but:

Back to the point of this thread; it's interesting to see that the "Pulse of The Tailgate" is still trending positive after a bit of an underwhelming showing from the game at E3. I'll be putting together a more in-depth post with my thoughts on the topic later tonight or tomorrow.
    dude, thats a forum post, with a quickie comment, playing with smileys. It doesnt constitute a major vested interest.
    There is a difference. Some people get fired up about video games? yes,Those people are called children.

look, ..i'm interested in it coming out...I plan to have fun with it..but it aint a car purchase or insurance discussion.. its a toy....sure, haha, a toy with a tad more memory and logic than most haha, yet still a toy ...and since I can now go online , I found this site here, where more decent guys who dont play like children, play the ncaa game. because i've had my fill of OS and VSN , one because its full of children and the other is full of immature trolls...

everyone here is buying the game ( or getting it free because of certain connections haha) end of story.....and dont get upset about my comments, I've been unemployed and need something to bitch about lately haha

haha what ever, this is all ridiculous fodder anyway because we are waiting to get the game to play it.......and actually punt on 4th down...

and dont get upset about my comments, I've been unemployed and need something to bitch about lately haha
    I'm not upset, don't worry; just think it's funny. I can identify with the unemployment and needing to express that energy some way.

I just think it's reductive thinking to assume that the only people who get fired up about video games are children. All it takes is looking at a few websites and forums online to see that people of all ages can get fired up about games like NCAA Football in a positive way just as much as people can be negative. Just look at initiatives like researching the band sections or cannons for NCAA Football 12 this year; it takes people being "fired up about video games" to get that research done.

dude, thats a forum post, with a quickie comment, playing with smileys. It doesnt constitute a major vested interest.
    There is a difference. Some people get fired up about video games? yes,Those people are called children.
    I have to agree with this... my wife says I am a child...and my two kids say that i act like one all the time...and I am excited my favorite video game [NCAA] is looking much improved this year...I'm even buying a new HDTV this week to get ready...uh... I mean I'm buying a new TV for the gameroom/home office for the kids...ya for the kids.

Cautiously positive and prematurely excited... does that count???

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    Cautiously positive and prematurely excited... does that count???
    only when it comes to women