Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MaddenNews.com "Behind Closed Doors" Video of NCAA Football 12 at E3

• Facebook
  • Display

MaddenNews.com "Behind Closed Doors" Video of NCAA Football 12 at E3

Coach Ruckus of MaddenNews.com has uploaded these two videos featuring footage of NCAA Football 12 shot behind closed doors at E3 to YouTube this morning:

Decent amount of presentation and gameplay footage from a match-up between Cal and USC from the quick "skip-through" I did just now. The game is being played on PlayStation 3.

NOTE: If you watch at :41 seconds into the first video, you will see that this is being played on Varsity difficulty. The user is playing as Cal.
    Last edited by Paakaa10; 06-11-2011 at 10:04 AM.

yeah, you can tell it's varsity. funny thing is, the guy playing with Cal probably needed it on varsity lol.

USC was the CPU, correct? The CPU running game looked pretty damn good to be on varsity.

i watched this... thinking it was good play by the CPU, then realized like stated above it was on Varsity... and now... im kind of excited to see how tough this plays and feels when i get a controller in my hand... thats darn skippy for varsity...

"E"

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    USC was the CPU, correct? The CPU running game looked pretty damn good to be on varsity.
    Yeah the regular run game is good, it's just the spread offensive run game that needs the work.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Yeah the regular run game is good, it's just the spread offensive run game that needs the work.
    Is that something they can fix with a tuner or will it require a patch? Is it even on EA's radar?

What does everyone think is causing this? It's strange b/c HUM spread O seems to be fine from what everyone has said.

Lighting looks really really good.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    needs the work ? in other words it will not be good when game comes out...?

Quote Originally Posted by ram29jackson View Post
    needs the work ? in other words it will not be good when game comes out...?
    Ram you already know the answer to this. It's been stated by everyone who has gone to any of the builds that the spread O run game is not up to snuff. Sliders will help, but it's needs more work.

Is that something they can fix with a tuner or will it require a patch? Is it even on EA's radar?
    I don't know with 100% certainty whether it can be fixed completely either through tuner sets or a patch; I would never speak for the team on that matter. I would imagine that if the community--or EA SPORTS themselves--feel like the CPU shotgun running game in the final code needs help, then it'll be something that gets attention to try and correct what people feel is lacking.

I know in my feedback that I commented about CPU shotgun running needing some attention, so it's on EA's radar.

What does everyone think is causing this? It's strange b/c HUM spread O seems to be fine from what everyone has said.
    It's a lot of code--layers upon layers of code--that make the game work the way it does. Sometimes one little tweak can have unexpected results further down the line. Not saying I know this is 100% the circumstance, but one thing I've learned from attending Community Events this year is that software design and development has got to be frustrating when you consider all the small changes that can have unexpected and unintended impacts.

There's also the consideration of human control and input versus how the CPU plays the game, which is by "obeying" what it is "programmed" to do. A human player can adapt and react to the way the game is put together and avoid getting caught up in some of the programming "errors" that might find their way into the game. The CPU, on the other hand, has less capacity to be that reactive.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayrah View Post
    Ram you already know the answer to this. It's been stated by everyone who has gone to any of the builds that the spread O run game is not up to snuff. Sliders will help, but it's needs more work.
    I'm still holding out my final judgment until I see the build of the game that ends up on the final retail disc. It's been nearly a month since I last played a version of the game, and for those three days that we were in the studio there were new builds being sent down from the developers every day. Based on reactions from people who played the game at E3, I wouldn't be comfortable saying that what I played last month is necessarily a 100% reflection of what we're getting in the stores on July 12th; people are still having varying experiences.

I really am looking forward to the demo coming out and the final game being released. I definitely enjoyed my time with the game at the studio and it has been really difficult to play more than a quarter or two of NCAA Football 11 since. Hopefully that's the experience you all have with the game; regardless of whether that's the case or not, we'll all be here talking about the game and making suggestions for what needs to change/be fixed/whatever in hopes that the inevitable software updates and tuning sets can help anything that isn't "up to snuff."

It could possibly be fixed by either, and it's certainly on their radar. The problem, as Paakaa outlined, is determining what is "the" cause. The easy fix would be to make tweaks to the overall running game (like our sliders do), but that has repercussions for other areas of the game, and obviously the non-spread running game.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    It could possibly be fixed by either, and it's certainly on their radar. The problem, as Paakaa outlined, is determining what is "the" cause. The easy fix would be to make tweaks to the overall running game (like our sliders do), but that has repercussions for other areas of the game, and obviously the non-spread running game.
    Ya, I've been trying to figure out the cause but I haven't come up with any ideas. It is interesting that Hellisan (?) said he got shredded by Baylor on AA with their QB. I wonder how much an athletic QB has to do with it. Maybe the spread option teams should call plays differently based in the athletic ability of the QB? I have no clue...

Maybe the spread option teams should call plays differently based in the athletic ability of the QB? I have no clue...
    I do think, and have for years, that one thing NCAA CPU struggles with is identifying their own offensive strengths. I have no idea if this has changed for this year (simply not enough time with the game to judge), but I can certainly hope there's been a tweak.

I do think, and have for years, that one thing NCAA CPU struggles with is identifying their own offensive strengths. I have no idea if this has changed for this year (simply not enough time with the game to judge), but I can certainly hope there's been a tweak.
    This problem is interesting...usually someone has a decent solution but this one seems more complex. Nevertheless the game looks great. Hopefully someone can find a simple solution and a tuner/patch can be the solve.

Ya, I've been trying to figure out the cause but I haven't come up with any ideas. It is interesting that Hellisan (?) said he got shredded by Baylor on AA with their QB. I wonder how much an athletic QB has to do with it. Maybe the spread option teams should call plays differently based in the athletic ability of the QB? I have no clue...
    It was Christian McLeod (Bumble14_OS) from OperationSports who cited that experience; Hellisan's reaction to the game was that CPU shotgun running was still weak.

Thus why I'm reticent to say--with 100% certainty--that CPU shotgun running will or won't be an issue come July 12th. I'm at the point where I know what I've seen but I'm waiting to see what we get on the disc.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayrah View Post
    This. Not sure if tuners can fix it, but sliders will definitely help.

Quote Originally Posted by Paakaa10 View Post
    It was Christian McLeod (Bumble14_OS) from OperationSports who cited that experience; Hellisan's reaction to the game was that CPU shotgun running was still weak.

Thus why I'm reticent to say--with 100% certainty--that CPU shotgun running will or won't be an issue come July 12th. I'm at the point where I know what I've seen but I'm waiting to see what we get on the disc.
    Oh ok...thanks for the clarification. It does seem to be hit and miss. AA spread could be a lot different than Varsity spread. Who knows???

Quote Originally Posted by Paakaa10 View Post
    I don't know with 100% certainty whether it can be fixed completely either through tuner sets or a patch; I would never speak for the team on that matter. I would imagine that if the community--or EA SPORTS themselves--feel like the CPU shotgun running game in the final code needs help, then it'll be something that gets attention to try and correct what people feel is lacking.

I know in my feedback that I commented about CPU shotgun running needing some attention, so it's on EA's radar.

It's a lot of code--layers upon layers of code--that make the game work the way it does. Sometimes one little tweak can have unexpected results further down the line. Not saying I know this is 100% the circumstance, but one thing I've learned from attending Community Events this year is that software design and development has got to be frustrating when you consider all the small changes that can have unexpected and unintended impacts.

There's also the consideration of human control and input versus how the CPU plays the game, which is by "obeying" what it is "programmed" to do. A human player can adapt and react to the way the game is put together and avoid getting caught up in some of the programming "errors" that might find their way into the game. The CPU, on the other hand, has less capacity to be that reactive.

I'm still holding out my final judgment until I see the build of the game that ends up on the final retail disc. It's been nearly a month since I last played a version of the game, and for those three days that we were in the studio there were new builds being sent down from the developers every day. Based on reactions from people who played the game at E3, I wouldn't be comfortable saying that what I played last month is necessarily a 100% reflection of what we're getting in the stores on July 12th; people are still having varying experiences.

I really am looking forward to the demo coming out and the final game being released. I definitely enjoyed my time with the game at the studio and it has been really difficult to play more than a quarter or two of NCAA Football 11 since. Hopefully that's the experience you all have with the game; regardless of whether that's the case or not, we'll all be here talking about the game and making suggestions for what needs to change/be fixed/whatever in hopes that the inevitable software updates and tuning sets can help anything that isn't "up to snuff."
    Thanks Paakaa! I totally missed this post on my phone.

Oh ok...thanks for the clarification. It does seem to be hit and miss. AA spread could be a lot different than Varsity spread. Who knows???
    It did seem to me that my experience playing the CPU was very different from Varsity to AA. There was a lot that improved with AA.

It did seem to me that my experience playing the CPU was very different from Varsity to AA. There was a lot that improved with AA.
    That's great news...except it could lead to my firing in my cupcake TB dynasty.