Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Road to Glory: Following Brock Luker

• Facebook
  • Display

Road to Glory: Following Brock Luker

The first info from EA SPORTS regarding Road to Glory begins with this video chronicling the journey of "Brock Luker." As we see in this video, in high school players can play both offense and defense while receiving scholarship offers from programs based upon their play on either side of the ball.

As each episode is released, we will post it in this thread.

EPISODE 1:

EPISODE 2:

EPISODE 3:

EPISODE 4:

EPISODE 5:
    Last edited by cdj; 06-10-2011 at 11:15 AM.

It looks like Pre-Game Intros,our own HS teams on TB, showing Team Playstyle and Scholarship points needed of teams interested

One thing I did notice from the video, is that the running styles that were talked about look alot better... Thats the first video of a runner that you could actually see the more fluid movement and the swinging of the arms more...nice

Freshman
    This looks really cool but if they don't fix the god awful play calling by the CPU coach this won't matter at all.

Anyone capturing pics?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    Anyone capturing pics?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I saw some on OS. Ill see If I can bring them here.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Quote Originally Posted by Pantera1968 View Post
    This looks really cool but if they don't fix the god awful play calling by the CPU coach this won't matter at all.
    It's "fixed" by, the further along you get (and get more coach trust), you garner the ability to call plays that are similar to the play called instead of just calling the play that they call.

RTG pics
    Attached Images Attached Images

Freshman
    Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
    It's "fixed" by, the further along you get (and get more coach trust), you garner the ability to call plays that are similar to the play called instead of just calling the play that they call.
    I misunderstood that feature. I thought that was just if you were a qb but if you can do that from any position that will certainly help. It just seemed that in '11 you would go to a team that was a power running team as a RB and then carry the ball 10 times a game.

Recruit
    Nice little teaser. I know it's not new information, but I love that you play both sides of the ball in RTG this year. It was nice to see more "power houses" wanted him on offense and some of the weaker schools wanted him to play D.

I agree about the playcalling, hopefully it's truly fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Pantera1968 View Post
    I misunderstood that feature. I thought that was just if you were a qb but if you can do that from any position that will certainly help. It just seemed that in '11 you would go to a team that was a power running team as a RB and then carry the ball 10 times a game.
    Hopefully Custom Quarter Lengths is in.
    I did 2 RTG RBs last year. One with Kentucky and Fresno State. Each one of them is a heavy run pro-style teams. Both teams I only got 9-15 carries a game. SOme times I didnt get a carry until the 2nd quarter

I like the old school painted banner that the team busts through.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    I like the old school painted banner that the team busts through.

Yeah too bad you cant get some cheerleaders to fall down when we run through it...

Part two:

please, not boise state....

Quote Originally Posted by baseballplyrmvp View Post
    please, not boise state....
    LOL I was thinking the same thing

Go to Texas

Looks like it is supposed to be a five-part series so we'll be getting a video installment on this each day this week. Hopefully some of the remaining videos are a bit longer though.

Quote Originally Posted by Paakaa10 View Post
    Looks like it is supposed to be a five-part series so we'll be getting a video installment on this each day this week. Hopefully some of the remaining videos are a bit longer though.
    I hope so too.
    I am anixous to see if they kept the Erin Andrews/Kirk Herbstriet segment in or improved it or cut it?

Quote Originally Posted by Paakaa10 View Post
    yeah actually pretty disappointed in the 1st two so far. How about a little more backstory - season stats, highlights of his year... something. Other teams and the experience of being recruited. This really does nothing.

Yeah, I agree with everyone else. These videos, so far, are completely pointless. They show us nothing of the process of playing your way into earning a scholarship. They show us nothing of the stuff you see and go through as you near the end of your HS season. It's basically a big "this is where I'm at, what do I do now?" with nothing else. Heck, this second video, a pathetic 52 seconds long, and 10-15 of those seconds are for the EA screens at the beginning and end!