Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: College Football - Who Remembers Old Networks?

• Facebook
  • Display

College Football - Who Remembers Old Networks?

who remembers when college football used to be on oln kron 4 espn espn 2 fsn tbs and abc was its own network

what is oln kron?

I remember when Unicron went about devouring planets until Rodimus Prime used the Matrix inside of him to defeat him and Galvatron and became the new leader of the Autobots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    I remember when Unicron went about devouring planets until Rodimus Prime used the Matrix inside of him to defeat him and Galvatron and became the new leader of the Autobots.

God I love that movie SO much.
    Last edited by morsdraconis; 06-02-2011 at 09:50 AM.

i meant oln and kron 4 they are 2 networks that used to broadcast college football

Sorry, I don't speak old English..

do you mean i forgot some important marks

id expect better from a Stanford fan...

Based on my web searching, KRON 4 is a San Francisco/Bay Area affiliate. So unless we have any Bay Area people or people who once grew up/lived there, probably no one would remember or even know that. OLN, I'm guessing you're referring to Outdoor Life Network (before it became the current Versus), which I never had as a TV channel here in NW Ohio, so for me personally, that would be a no, I don't remember because I never knew.

And I don't know about out west (since you mention KRON 4, I'm guessing you're from the Bay Area), but here in the Midwest, we still get games on FSN. I get Big XII and MAC games every week on FSN Ohio, and get PAC-10 games every week on FSN Ohio and FSN Detroit.

yes i am and i still get fsn to i just miss the old scoreboard that would have a line and say touchdown

sorry im a fan not a stanford grad lol

and oln yes i do mean the old outdoor life network

Quote Originally Posted by stanfordfan1 View Post
    and oln yes i do mean the old outdoor life network
    I don't recall OLN ever showing College Football, and I watched it early on in its history, thanks to its deal with the Tour de France. I don't remember OLN getting college football games until their Pac-10 deal after they became Versus.

In fact, Wikipedia suggests that OLN didn't get rights to any college football until 2007, which was a year or so after it became Versus.

ABC is still its own network, though I can understand what you mean with the branding "ESPN on ABC". They just got away from "ABC Sports", I suppose. ESPN 2 and FSN still show college football, obviously.

I do remember the old games on TBS, but that was a loooooooong time ago. They did bring back some games after 2002, but I rarely saw those.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

they had games on tbs in 2002 to 2005 thats what i remember and i do mean abc got away from abc sports and their are a few videos on youtube with texas tech vs tcu in 2006 and the scoreboard says oln and by fsn i mean the old scoreboards with the flashing initials and the one that would say touchdown oregon or touchdown texas
    Last edited by stanfordfan1; 06-02-2011 at 11:22 PM.

a few videos on youtube with texas tech vs tcu in 2006
    Sure enough, you're right. Interesting.

yep and by fsn i mean the older fsn scoreboards used from 2003 to 2007-2008

yep and by fsn i mean the older fsn scoreboards used from 2003 to 2007-2008
    I would think we almost all remember those. I would imagine that a large number of us here even remember when Fox Sports Net didn't even exist (pre-1996).

a few of my favorite teams were on fsn i remember in 2005 stanford lead ucla 24-3 in the 4th quarter and wound up losing the game 30-27 in overtime
    Last edited by stanfordfan1; 06-04-2011 at 02:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    I would think we almost all remember those. I would imagine that a large number of us here even remember when Fox Sports Net didn't even exist (pre-1996).
    16 years isnt old, its a drop in the bucket of time...old would be when games didnt have a score or time clock in the corner of the screen on a constant basis haha
    Last edited by ram29jackson; 06-05-2011 at 05:47 PM.

did any of your favorite teams play on fsn back in 2003-2007