Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Various Electronic Stuff Thread

• Facebook
  • Display

The Various Electronic Stuff Thread

Here's a thread for something you just got or upgraded or want to comment on, etc.

Decided to get this for the bedroom to stream MLB.TV and Netflix among other things that they have.

I have Gamefly and I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    I've been looking into getting something similar to these for Netflix, so I could look into cutting down my cable bill. I've been shopping around for a blu-ray player that streams Netflix. I don't use my PS3 for anything but gaming. Just may pick up one of these.

Yeah once I get it, I'll let you know what I think of it. I have a blu ray player in the bedroom, but it doesn't have wi-fi, plus I got it on clearance. So to get a blu ray player with wifi would just be a wash with what I got now and the Roku combined.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    My mom used a roku box for a while ~2 years back and she loved it. It worked really well and even the shitty internet they have (3down/.7up) seemed to not be an issue with it.

We have a Roku box but we don't use it anymore. With a PS3 in the living room and bedroom and a Wii in the guest bedroom, every tv has Netflix access.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just got an Apple TV and it's pretty cool. Netflix streams really well, we actually rented a movie over the weekend and that went smooth. You can do MLB.tv and NBA on it. And for those shady people out there that have downloaded movies the Jailbreak was really simple to do.

Quote Originally Posted by psuexv View Post
    Just got an Apple TV and it's pretty cool. Netflix streams really well, we actually rented a movie over the weekend and that went smooth. You can do MLB.tv and NBA on it. And for those shady people out there that have downloaded movies the Jailbreak was really simple to do.
    Wonder if Roku has NBA broadband....that would be sweet if so....then I can take it out into the living room when a Celtics game is on that's not on national TV.

Wonder if Roku has NBA broadband....that would be sweet if so....then I can take it out into the living room when a Celtics game is on that's not on national TV.
    Not sure. That is the cool thing about the ATv though, it's freaking tiny. I've moved it around a couple of times already depending on where I am in the house. Also with the Jailbreak there's an Airplay app that I can stream my movie library anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by psuexv View Post
    Not sure. That is the cool thing about the ATv though, it's freaking tiny. I've moved it around a couple of times already depending on where I am in the house. Also with the Jailbreak there's an Airplay app that I can stream my movie library anywhere.
    Yeah the Roku is very portable too.

Crap. I bought Windows 7 day one. May have to do the same with Windows 8.

Windows 8 To Have XBL Integration

Wants to get an iPod touch, but my phone is a music player so I'm undecided.

Here's a thread for something you just got or upgraded or want to comment on, etc.

Decided to get this for the bedroom to stream MLB.TV and Netflix among other things that they have.

This baby will be in the house either today or tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    Wants to get an iPod touch, but my phone is a music player so I'm undecided.
    Depends on what you are looking for. If you're looking for strictly music and video and you have a lot of it then go with a regular iPod, they go up to 160gb. If you want some casual music and a lot of other fun stuff get the touch. The touch truly is the iPhone without the phone. However there are a couple of apps that let you make calls over wifi, I have a Google Voice number and u can make calls with an app called Talkatone and text with the Google Voice app.

I may just get the iPod touch, at least until I get my smart phone.

If anyone has a windows 7 disk lying around and wouldnt mind sending it to canada it would be greatly appreciated!

Just before I went to bed, I set up my Roku player, and I LOVE IT! Netflix was having an outage so I didn't get that activated, but did this morning and it works flawless just like on PS3 and 360. Last night I set up MLB.TV and the quality and speed of loading up a game are great. There is a Roku Newscaster Channel where you can listen to ESPN podcasts, so I turned on a Fantasy Baseball podcast and fell asleep to that

There is a channel store where you can add Pandora and there is one called Crackle which is completely free and has some movies in there. Hulu Plus is on there as well for those who have that. Same goes for Amazon Video you can stream from your account there. Well worth the purchase if you want those things in a room where you don't have a PS3 or 360. It's such a tiny box and was very fast to set up with my wireless connection.

Crackle is awesome... they have an iPhone app, not sure about Android. Episodes of Seinfeld for free

I was thinking of one of the Roku boxes for our bedroom TV since right now we only stream Netflix through the 360 downstairs and sometimes through a Sony TV in the guest room, but the wife didn't think she'd use it enough up there to spend the money. I kinda disagree these days since we stream as much Netflix as using the discs anymore.

Yeah I quit using the disc and went stream only starting this month....plus with me having the MLB.TV that gives me another room to watch games from that either in bed watching a late west coast game, or while doing laundry or something. On top of that it takes up no space whatsoever. The box is maybe six inches square and two inches thick?