Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: NHL 12 Thread

• Facebook
  • Display

NHL 12 Thread

Use this thread to discuss NHL 12 by EA Sports.

The first screen shot was released yesterday.

Last edited by steelerfan; 05-21-2011 at 05:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    The first screen shot was released yesterday.

That's an impressive screenshot. Getting that little corner of the square to break off so cleanly from the main icon, EA is all over this game this year.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    That's an impressive screenshot. Getting that little corner of the square to break off so cleanly from the main icon, EA is all over this game this year.
    Can't help it if your PC is a POS.

PS3 fellas, my hiatus for this series will come to an end this year!

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    PS3 fellas, my hiatus for this series will come to an end this year!
    Thanks for the warning.

Geesh Steeler, give me a break... I just finished my first season of NHL 11 yesterday! lol. Seriously though, with NCAA and Madden looking this good, I don't know if I will be able to fit NHL 12 into the schedule.

I doubt I get Madden, I just seem to hate it's gameplay. I will get this or either Tiger Woods along with NCAA and call it a season.

Damn. Skyrim, NHL, NCAA, and MW3 all look like must buys for me right now.

•In the revamped Be a Pro mode, experience the pursuit of greatness and legendary moments in your playing career, shatter historic records and cement yourself in NHL history. Additionally, the better you play, the more ice time you’ll get where you can simulate to your next shift so you’re always on the ice as you play out your entire career in pursuit of the Stanley Cup.

•The NHL 12 Full Contact Physics Engine puts you in the rink with everything now live on the ice, from players to the environment – everything is interactive and in play. Experience the skill and aggression of hockey from shattered glass to flying helmets to knocking players over the boards and into the bench; crash the crease too hard and you’ll knock the net off and send the goalie flying. Size and physicality will be emphasized as bigger players will be able to throw their weight around as they screen the goalie and battle in front of the net.

•This year marks the first time players will face dynamic goalies in the game. Players can knock the net off and make contact with goalies, knocking them down or out of position, as they crash the crease. Watch as goalies battle through screens to make awe-inspiring saves. Additionally, we’re reigniting the beloved fighting engine that first appeared in NHL 10 with all-new goalie battles. When the action gets heated, send a message by leaving the net, dropping the gloves, and trading punches with rivals during fights.

•All new gameplay presentation creates an authentic, fresh new look and feel throughout NHL 12 with presentation graphics that mimic real life hockey broadcasts. For the first time ever lace up outdoors under the lights in one of the biggest hockey events of the season, the 2011 NHL Winter Classic® at Heinz Field in Pittsburgh, within seconds of putting in the disc. Inspired by the NHL GameCenter Ice Tracker, the all-new EA SPORTS Action Tracker simulates action without missing a beat with a shift-by-shift breakdown of stats and key moments leading up to your next shift.

Pulled quote from Pasta's site.
    Last edited by DariusLock; 05-24-2011 at 05:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DariusLock View Post
    Damn. Skyrim, NHL, NCAA, and MW3 all look like must buys for me right now.

Pulled quote from Pasta's site.
    I'm probably getting all of the above (except MW3 will probably be a Xmas gift request....I'll just prob play the offline).

I'm excited to knock the helmets off of some fools. And of course GOALIE FIGHTS!

that trailer did look pretty good. I loved seeing the glass break and the fans sitting there.

From IGN:

Winnipeg Returns in NHL 12
    Thrashers getting a new look for this year's hockey title.

EA Sports is making sure NHL 12 is as authentic as possible this year, even if a team relocates to Canada during the playoffs.

The National Hockey League announced this morning that the True North Sports and Entertainment ownership group has purchased the Atlanta Thrashers, with plans to move the team to Winnipeg, Manitoba for the 2011-12 season.

EA Sports confirmed to IGN the newly relocated team will be included in this year's title, set for release this September.

"We're excited to welcome the Thrashers to their home in Winnipeg for the 2011-12 NHL season," the company said. "Once we have confirmation on the team's new name and jerseys, we will be taking the necessary steps to incorporate them into NHL 12.

"We will have more details in the near future."

Yeah EA Canada's Community Manager Alain Quinto said on Twitter that they are trying to get them in. For one, the new unis aren't unveiled yet. For two, it's not as easy as just plugging them in, but Alain did say that since they're staying in the same division this year, it will make things a lot easier.

I'm sure they are working hard to get this in at release. Day one patch at the worst.

I miss Genesis hockey. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Nothingface View Post
    I miss Genesis hockey. lol

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    fucking goons!

First NHL 12 producer blog:

Gameplay Producer Nate Ng here to kick off the first blog for NHL 12 with some goalie info. I just want to prefix the rest of the info with a few things. This is by no means ALL the new goalie info as things will change up until the game gets into your hands. This is also not the last time we will talk about goalies. If my blog doesn’t answer some of the questions you have, post your questions here and stay tuned! Without further ado, let’s dig into some goalie info for NHL 12.

Goalie V-H Technique – what does V-H stand for? Well I’m glad you asked. It stands for vertical-horizontal. It is a technique used by goalies similar to the hug post. Goalie V-H is something you see many NHL goalies do throughout the game but something we’ve been missing in the title. The purpose of this technique is to put goalies in better position for passes behind the goal line and also allows for them to more easily push off the post into butterfly. How does this affect your goalie in NHL 12? From the goalie V-H, you will be able to make saves, poke check, and cover the puck. You will also be able to push off the post from this stance and right into butterfly or into the desperation saves.

Updated goalie saves – Goalies are always a work in progress. The thing with goalies is that we have to make them balanced. Any tweaks to shooting or AI, and we have to rebalance goalies. They are what one might call a house of cards. Tune a shot this way, and you have the potential to unleash ‘always goals’. Much like every other year, we go in and look at all the saves we have in the game and try to tune goalie behavior to allow for goal scoring, yet still have goalies feel natural. We have also improved the puck tracking for goalies this year. What this means for goalies is that they will be better at fighting through the screens and battles in front of the net, and be more agile when skaters are pulling dekes on breakaways and in close.

Goalies are LIVE – Yes, you read correctly. Skating hard to the net, players will have the ability to crash the crease, jostle for position in the crease, bump or even run the goalie over. Don’t worry though goalies, we will call goalie interference penalties. Have a pest in front of your net that you want to clear out? We got you covered. Goalies can shove back this year. Both AI goalies and user goalies can and will clear out the front of their nets. For AI goalies, it will be based on their ratings, and for user goalies we will give you a button.

Goalie behavior this year will also be affected by traits. A more aggressive goalie will shove and fight to clear his crease. A good puck handling goalie will be brave and come out and challenge for loose pucks.

Goalie fights –Goalies can fight! You asked for it, you got it! When you run the goalie, you can expect a tough guy to stand up for his goalie. At times, the goalie will stand up for himself by dropping the gloves and there’ll also be times where the opposing goalie will want a piece of the action too. We saw it happen a couple times this year in the real NHL…if it’s in the game, it’s gotta be in the game!

There you have it folks, the first little teaser to goalies in NHL 12. For all the community members and fans out there, if you have constructive feedback about goalies, feel free to leave comments in the forums and I’ll look to respond there or in a future blog.

Goalie info sounds good. That could add a lot to the game.

Yeah, it does. I just hope the goalie fights are RARE. If I see a goalie-goalie scrap twice in a season it is too much. Hopefully, since the NHL team is great about this, they add a slider for goalie fighting.