Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Thread: NCAA Football 12 Dynasty Info Q&A thread

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    too

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    too
    The O-Line and D-Line must be 2 deep across with black dudes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    The O-Line and D-Line must be 2 deep across with black dudes.

Not going to touch that with a 10-foot pole.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Not going to touch that with a 10-foot pole.
    *insert another black man/big penis joke here*

*insert another black man/big penis joke here*

...there was a reason why I chose that phrase.

*insert another black man/big penis here*
    Fixed???

How did the Generic FCS teams look in Dynasty

Quote Originally Posted by illwill10 View Post
    I'm not sure if anyone really had a close eye on that. I simmed dozens of seasons over the past few months, and never thought of it.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Beat 45+ to nothing?

They looked just as bad as ever. I do recall someone saying that Akron had lost to an FCS team in their dynasty sim, but then went on to the conference championship game because they dominated their MAC division. That's the only time I recall the FCS teams getting mentioned anytime during the events.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
    Beat 45+ to nothing?
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    They looked just as bad as ever. I do recall someone saying that Akron had lost to an FCS team in their dynasty sim, but then went on to the conference championship game because they dominated their MAC division. That's the only time I recall the FCS teams getting mentioned anytime during the events.
    Well, it looks like I wont be scheduling any FCS teams this year. I was hoping that we could at least edit them or swap TB teams with FCS teams

Well, it looks like I wont be scheduling any FCS teams this year. I was hoping that we could at least edit them or swap TB teams with FCS teams
    Agreed! It drives me nuts to see another year of generics...

One aspect of Dynasty that I just remember which hasn't been mentioned whatsoever to my knowledge... recruits now train based on what style of player they are. So for example, if you recruit an Offensive Lineman that is listed as a Run Blocker, during offseason training, his Run Blocking attributes will generally improve more than his Pass Blocking attributes. This definitely makes a fair difference when you're recruiting players and determining which guys you decide to go after.

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    One aspect of Dynasty that I just remember which hasn't been mentioned whatsoever to my knowledge... recruits now train based on what style of player they are. So for example, if you recruit an Offensive Lineman that is listed as a Run Blocker, during offseason training, his Run Blocking attributes will generally improve more than his Pass Blocking attributes. This definitely makes a fair difference when you're recruiting players and determining which guys you decide to go after.
    Very interesting, this will make position players a lot of fun to sort through. Does this also tie into a recruits top schools? If he's a run blocker and I'm a run heavy team does that hold any more water for me than a team that puts up consistently more passing yards?

Quote Originally Posted by psuexv View Post
    Very interesting, this will make position players a lot of fun to sort through. Does this also tie into a recruits top schools? If he's a run blocker and I'm a run heavy team does that hold any more water for me than a team that puts up consistently more passing yards?
    They've mentioned to us in the past the yes, a recruit does look at how the school performs but that was for NCAA10 or NCAA11 (can't remember which). In my opinion though, it does't make enough of an impression on the recruit... not sure if it changed much if at all for this year.

They've mentioned to us in the past the yes, a recruit does look at how the school performs but that was for NCAA10 or NCAA11 (can't remember which). In my opinion though, it does't make enough of an impression on the recruit... not sure if it changed much if at all for this year.
    I do remember it in past versions, not sure which one. But say I lit it up in passing I would get more WR and QBs interested. I'm hoping with the changes that they made to CPU recruiting more based on style that they made the recruits smarter as well.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Very interesting. Thanks for bringing that up G. Definitely good to see that those player traits actually mean something (since, at least half the time, a RB labeled as a Power RB doesn't have much going for him in the power running categories). Hopefully it's a noticeable difference.

Quote Originally Posted by psuexv View Post
    I do remember it in past versions, not sure which one. But say I lit it up in passing I would get more WR and QBs interested. I'm hoping with the changes that they made to CPU recruiting more based on style that they made the recruits smarter as well.
    that definitely wasn't the case fore NCAA 11. As Texas Tech I routinely had the #1 passing team(I had a 4-year starter gain 19,000 passing yards and around 166 pass TDs) and never could get any top WRs to commit(could really only get 3 star WRs), most never wanted anything to do with me at all. most of my best WRs over the years were ATHs that I converted to WRs(which worked out great though). I was able to attract a few big time scrambling QBs though, which sparked my moved to Miss St/Tulsa playbooks with a read option style offense.

we had another user that brought back the option to Nebraska, lead in rushing pretty much every year, and he could never get any top HBs interested.

I have a couple questions regarding this tweak in progression maybe you can answer them or not, lol.

If we recruit a balanced OL prospect will he progress to the same degree as say a run blocker? In other words if a run blocking G gained +4 in his run blocking skills during the off-season (+4 RBK, +4 RBS, and +4 RBF) would we see a balanced G go up only +2 in all his blocking skills?

How much difference is there in the pass blocking skills when comparing a balanced guy to a run blocking prospect? (Minimum difference is what I am looking for, is a guy labeled a specific type rather than balanced if say he has 1 letter grade difference between pass blocking and run blocking skills)

***edit***
    I went an fired up NCAA 11 and looked at my offline Dynasty and viewed the OT prospects, and I think I see what criteria the game uses to label OL a specific tendency. If the generic PBK and RBK grades are the same the prospect is always balanced. If there is a slight difference say C+ to C then a prospect is still balanced unless there is a large difference in RBF RBS vs PBF PBS (usually 1 full grade) then the tendency will reflect the higher grade skills. If the generic PBK and RBK grades are almost a full grade better (C+ to C-) then the higher generic grade will be the tendency even if the other blocking skills are the same.
    Last edited by WolverineJay; 06-01-2011 at 05:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WolverineJay View Post
    I have a couple questions regarding this tweak in progression maybe you can answer them or not, lol.

If we recruit a balanced OL prospect will he progress to the same degree as say a run blocker? In other words if a run blocking G gained +4 in his run blocking skills during the off-season (+4 RBK, +4 RBS, and +4 RBF) would we see a balanced G go up only +2 in all his blocking skills?

How much difference is there in the pass blocking skills when comparing a balanced guy to a run blocking prospect? (Minimum difference is what I am looking for, is a guy labeled a specific type rather than balanced if say he has 1 letter grade difference between pass blocking and run blocking skills)
    I really don't have a good answer for you... I didn't track much for player progression in the few sims that I ran through. I just remembered it being something they mentioned while we were down there.