Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Official "Please check this at the May community day" thread

• Facebook
  • Display

Official "Please check this at the May community day" thread

Since there's apparently 1 more CD before release and since half of the guys eligible to go are from this site, here's the thread to keep them working at the event and not just playing for fun :p. Obviously, they may not have time to check or be able to comment on everything but your question(s) can either about gameplay and/or presentation.

Edit: Before making a request, check original post first to see if it's been requested already. If not, then post your own. Original post will be updated as much as possible.

Presentation
    1) Do Southern Miss and UL-Lafayette have mascots this year?

2) Does Southern Miss have a special or generic entrance? No need to describe it specifically. Just saying generic or custom is good enough.

3) More options for Team Builder

4) New commentary???

5) Ability to create custom rivalries? Or establish rivalries over time?

6) Does Rutgers have the proper scoreboard minus the ads?

7) Do loose jersey sleeves actually look right?

8) Will Rutgers' unique entrance be in the game? A random player/captain brings out an Ax and chops it into a tree stump in the original closed endzone.

9) Is the entrance for WVU changed to include the helmet? If not was it changed at all?

10) Could someone time the length of the full Virginia Tech entrance from start to when they run out?

11) Do numbers on side of teambuilder helmets work correctly?

12) What are the formations in Hawaii's playbook?

13) Is Vili the Warrior in the game?

14) Does Hawaii have a generic or unique entrance?

15) Has the imaginary Jumbotron in the cornor of Hawaii's stadium been removed?

16) Are there plans to offer NFL stadiums as dlc so they can be used as neutral site games (if neutral site games are possible)?

17) Will weight matter in OL/DL interactions?

18) Are there any changes made to the depth chart? (3rd down back, slot receivers, nickel back, etc?)

19) Can we apply formation subs to the formation packages, instead of just the base formation?

20) Will the National Game of the Week be listed every single week?

21) Will there be ESPN commentary for every game, even if it's not televised?

Gameplay
    1) Is the shovel pass in the game?

2) Will smart WRs look for openings against zone defenses?

3) Is there proper loft and trajectory on passes?

4) Is stamina better for OL/DL {Yes, this can be edited... but EA needs to realize these guys are football players and work out daily.}

5) Are there less leaping linebackers aka Superman LB's

6) Is it possible to throw and stop fade routes???

7) Are there more actual Run & Shoot plays???

8) Are the DBs less psychic?

9) Will crowd noise effect the visiting team?

10) Will gameplay be more realistic {i.e. QB running left, turning and throwing back across field and hitting WR right in the numbers, etc.}?

11) Will the CPU manage the clock better?

12) Will bubble screens work better? In '11 the WR's always run the Bubble screen way too slow

13) Are the strafing/sliding defenders fixed from the wip videos?

14) How influential is play recognition when defenders are playing zone?

15) How often does the bull rush animation happen where the D-Lineman just shoves the O-Lineman to the ground?

16) Is it possible to just user strafe all over the field and pick off or bat down passes?

17) How fast is the gameplay this year compared to 11? The demo last year played faster than the retail version

18) Is Army's Wing Bone offense in the game or not?

19) Anything new for Option Football guys (IE, Interior linemen going unblocked on certain plays, etc.)

20) Is the Shade Receiver Feature from this years Madden also made it into NCAA.

21) Did they remove the Bear Front Defenses from the 4-2-5 and 3-3-5 (Also, the 3-4 solid had a 3-0-3 line) when they added the new formations?

22) How well does a cpu controlled GT team run the flexbone?

23) Can you tell a difference between small scat type backs and larger bruising backs?

24) Is the running game from the shotgun more consistent?

25) Can you still pitch the ball perfectly while being tackled still?

26) Are scrambling QB's a threat to run the ball if they have room or will they still just stay in the pocket?

27) How is the pass rush?

28) Does the computer defense still know your play before the snap (Psychic D on audibles)?

29) Is the mesh in Pistol/Shotgun read options faster or the same speed (which is considered slow)?

30) Is the toss out of the shotgun faster or the same speed (which is considered slow)?

31) Will the cpu pull the QB after a certain amount of interceptions or make mass subs in a blowout?

32) Will the computer do a better job of recruiting and will it recruit based on system (scramblers at option schools, pocket passers for air raid, etc.)?
    Last edited by souljahbill; 05-16-2011 at 05:48 PM.

1) Do Southern Miss and UL-Lafayette have mascots this year?

2) Does Southern Miss have a special or generic entrance? No need to describe it specifically. Just saying generic or custom is good enough.

You may have just opened Pandora's Box here...

1: Shovel Pass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2: Smart WR's that look for openings against Zone defenses

3: Proper loft and trajectory on passes

4: Better stamina for OL/DL {Yes, this can be edited... but EA needs to realize these guys are football players and work out daily.}

5: More options for Team Builder

6: Less Leaping Linebackers aka Superman LB's

7: Stop Fade Routes???

8: More actual Run & Shoot plays???

9: New commentary???

10: No more psychic DB's???

11: Crowd noise effecting the opponent when I am at my house???

12: Less... hopefully NO... cheese plays? {QB running left, turning and throwing back across field and hitting WR right in the numbers, etc.}

13: Smarter AI... as in actually trying to take time off the clock on drives instead of hiking the ball ASAP

14: Ability to create custom rivalries? Or establish rivalries over time?

15: Better Bubble Screens? In '11 the WR's always run the Bubble screen way too slow.

I'll stop for now...

tell us what you got for lunch again

Quote Originally Posted by ram29jackson View Post
    tell us what you got for lunch again
    Who has time for lunch when you have football on the brain???

I can't speak for everyone, but I know that if this thread becomes 50 pages long, has a lot of off-topic comments, has a lot of posts without questions, or a lot of repeat questions (or questions that have been answered, which shows you want us to read everything even though you don't) - I won't bother.

Keep this thread easy on the eyes of the CD guys, and I, for one, will gladly answer as much as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    I can't speak for everyone, but I know that if this thread becomes 50 pages long, has a lot of off-topic comments, has a lot of posts without questions, or a lot of repeat questions (or questions that have been answered, which shows you want us to read everything even though you don't) - I won't bother.

Keep this thread easy on the eyes of the CD guys, and I, for one, will gladly answer as much as possible.
    Would you prefer I put everything in the first post to eliminate having to go through 50 pages of requests?

Bill, maybe you could continue to edit and sift through the posts to keep the first page fresh and "New" so that the great group of guys heading down and look and the first post and go yep, gotta check this out and not worry about sifting through page after page of posts.

Kinda show we are all going to work hard here. I'll chip in where i can.

On top of what Steelerfan said. The May event isn't 100% definite, I would say until we get an official word that there is an event, we keep this thread closed.

Guys... one thing I want to mention, even though this thread is currently closed, if/when we decide to re-open it, I do want to say that 1) we probably won't get into team specifics like mascots or entrances, those can be answered at a later time and 2) make sure to read the Week-in-Review article which covered all of the Q&A in the Preview article.

Funny how timing works, confirmation came today. The event will be from May 18th til May 20th. Remember to follow Tommy's guidelines, and Souljah brings up a good point....keep it to one post per person, just edit your post.

Are the strafing/sliding defenders fixed from the wip videos? That's really all I wanna know specifically. If so, this game is GOLDEN!!!!

1) How amped up is play recognition when defenders are playing zone?
    2) How often does the animation happen where the D-Lineman just shoves the O-Lineman to the ground(EA calls it their new bull rush animation)?
    3) Is it possible to just user strafe all over the field and pick off or bat down passes?
    4) How fast is the gameplay this year compared to 11? The demo last year played faster than the retail version

- I just want to know if Army's Wing Bone offense made it into the game for sure or not. I know they did the 25 New Plays promotion and it wasnt in there but I was also told that more than 25 plays were added into the game.

- Anything new for us Option Football guys (IE, Interior linemen going unblocked on certain plays, etc.)

- If they Shade Receiver Feature from this years Madden also made it into NCAA.

- If they removed the Bear Front Defenses from the 4-2-5 and 3-3-5 (Also, the 3-4 solid had a 3-0-3 line) when they added the new formations.

Will Rutgers have the proper scoreboard minus the ads?

Versus the monstrosity that EA programmed for NCAA11.

Will loose sleeves actually look right?

Will the Rutgers unique entrance be in the game? Where a Random Player/Captain brings out an Ax and chops it into a tree stump in the original closed endzone?

Will the roster that are on the Teambuilder website when it launches be the same as the final on disc product?
    Last edited by PeteyKirch; 05-16-2011 at 02:45 PM.

Reading helps.
    Last edited by mtoo22; 05-05-2011 at 09:00 AM.

1. How well does a cpu controlled GT team run the flexbone?

2. Can you tell a difference between small scat type backs and larger bruising backs?

3. Is the running game from the shotgun more consistent?

4. Can you still pitch the ball perfectly while being tackled still?

5. Are scrambling QB's a threat to run the ball if they have room or will they still just stay in the pocket?

6. How is the pass rush?

Thanks in advance guys. I know some of this might have been mentioned by the CD guys already, but I am just wondering how it feels now that the game is basically gold.

As a Community Event attendee in the past, I will caution against people expecting all questions to be answered here, even if organized nicely into a thread like this. At the stage of development that the game will be at in a few weeks, chances are good that the development team will have very specific requests of the Community Event guys so that any known issues/features can be explored and tested before the game's code gets wrapped up for retail. This even happened at the last Community Event, where the team asked everyone to play a very specific set of games to test things out, leaving little to no time for "personal exploration" of the game.

There may also be a case where the guys going down are limited by the terms of the non-disclosure agreements with regards to what can and can't be publicly answered. I know that some of you guys think it's silly that EA SPORTS doesn't want us talking about certain things when media about features has been indirectly released, but the NDAs are very specific about what we can talk about and when we can do so. The agreement entered into in order to have early access to the game and provide feedback specifically stipulates that we can't discuss things until EA SPORTS officially does so or gives us approval to do so; if we broke that agreement, we'd be violating the initial understanding which allowed us to be a part of the game's development in the first place.

Don't want to come off as a "downer" here; just want to mention a couple things ahead of time so that there isn't any confusion when things can/can't be discussed later on.

Quote Originally Posted by Paakaa10 View Post
    As a Community Event attendee in the past, I will caution against people expecting all questions to be answered here, even if organized nicely into a thread like this. At the stage of development that the game will be at in a few weeks, chances are good that the development team will have very specific requests of the Community Event guys so that any known issues/features can be explored and tested before the game's code gets wrapped up for retail. This even happened at the last Community Event, where the team asked everyone to play a very specific set of games to test things out, leaving little to no time for "personal exploration" of the game.

There may also be a case where the guys going down are limited by the terms of the non-disclosure agreements with regards to what can and can't be publicly answered. I know that some of you guys think it's silly that EA SPORTS doesn't want us talking about certain things when media about features has been indirectly released, but the NDAs are very specific about what we can talk about and when we can do so. The agreement entered into in order to have early access to the game and provide feedback specifically stipulates that we can't discuss things until EA SPORTS officially does so or gives us approval to do so; if we broke that agreement, we'd be violating the initial understanding which allowed us to be a part of the game's development in the first place.

Don't want to come off as a "downer" here; just want to mention a couple things ahead of time so that there isn't any confusion when things can/can't be discussed later on.
    I'm sure most people (hopefully) understand that this is all basically a favor or service to us and don't really expect everything to be answered. Whatever can be answered, I'm sure most people will appreciate that and whatever can't, can't. It won't be a big deal. But, it's better to have a clearer understanding of what everyone wants to know ahead of time as opposed to trying to remember afterwards when everyone starts bombarding with questions.

Quote Originally Posted by PeteyKirch View Post
    Will Rutgers have the proper scoreboard minus the ads?

Versus the monstrosity that EA programmed for NCAA11.

Will loose sleeves actually look right?

Will the Rutgers unique entrance be in the game? Where a Random Player/Captain brings out an Ax and chops it into a tree stump in the original closed endzone?

the axe makes sense when they were the Redmen haha..but not a Knight haha