Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brink (360, PS3, PC)

• Facebook
  • Display

Brink (360, PS3, PC)

Anybody here plan on picking this game up. I'm really looking for to playing this one, i'll be rolling on 360

http://www.brinkthegame.com

Last edited by lilheavy; 05-03-2011 at 10:36 AM.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    (shrugs) Could it possibly look like and sound exactly like Team Fortress 2 anymore?

It's not. The former head of design of multiplayer maps for Killzone 2 is the head of multiplayer on this, so it's more than likely going to be hugely comparable to the game play that existed in KZ2, and for that, it's an automatic day one buy. The classes are the same as KZ2. The developers have also said that firing from the hip is going to be just as good as aiming down the sights(FINALLY SOMEONE WHO GETS IT) and it's obvious in videos it takes around 7 or 8 bullets to down someone which is...just like KZ2.

Can't wait for it. It's pretty dumb when you're excited for a game because of one person, but that guy knows his shit when it comes to online shooters, so I'm expecting it to play a little more to my liking than recent shooters.

This game looks pretty cool, I've been excited for a while about it. Hopefully I'll be able to get it.

Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
    (shrugs) Could it possibly look like and sound exactly like Team Fortress 2 anymore?
    Any shooter that focuses on objectives like this is automatic for me. My deathmatch days have been over for a few years now.

Posted in Deals thread but wanted to post it here as well.

Direct2Drive has a pre-order up for Brink for $45. However, posted on CheapAssGamer, if you use this code, you get 15% off to make it $38.21. Note, this is for the PC version only.
    F7530AEE8D991B19332624D10F9C734F

As well, they have a special offer for Brink + Fallout: New Vegas for $65 and then 15% off makes it $55.

I can definitely see myself sinking hundreds of hours into this. It looks just like KZ2 game play.

Oh. My. God. This game's "campaign" is arena style.

I guess I never really like FPS campaigns anyway, but I definitely don't like that. Hopefully the online is as good as I think it will be, or it'll be a total waste of money.

I think what I like most about this game is that you can build up your same character offline or online. I don't always want to play online but if it's a waste of time to play offline, then I'll likely end up just not playing the game once I finish the story. That and I like that friends can jump in & out at any time.

Here's a live stream of the game right now: http://www.ngame.tv/bifuteki?e=a3178

From watching the stream, this seems like it would be a fun game to play online if PSN ever comes back up.

Yeah, I went ahead and preordered off of Amazon. $54.99 with 99 cents release day shipping + $10 coupon. It also comes with some special pack or something. Getting the game on release day for $55 and $10 off a future game? Ring me up.

I'm preordering it too. Question though, they don't charge you until the release day right?

If you order with release day delivery, they'll charge you tomorrow since they'll actually ship it out tomorrow and you'll get it Tuesday. If you order it tonight, they'll charge you at like 8AM EST. If you order any time tomorrow before...I think...6PM, it'll charge you right away.

Quote Originally Posted by I OU a Beatn View Post
    If you order with release day delivery, they'll charge you tomorrow since they'll actually ship it out tomorrow and you'll get it Tuesday. If you order it tonight, they'll charge you at like 8AM EST. If you order any time tomorrow before...I think...6PM, it'll charge you right away.
    Uh oh.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingpin32 View Post
    I'm preordering it too. Question though, they don't charge you until the release day right?
    Amazon charges you when your order goes into the "Preparring to Ship", or something like that, stage when you can't make any more changes to your order. It'll usually show on your bill on the day or the day after the order ships.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud