Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tiger Woods 11 Impressions Q&A (Game in hand)

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by Flightwhite39 View Post
    Can anyone comment on how the XP points from the demo translated over to there retail copy? Also is there any noticeable difference between the demo and the retail version even if it is minimal? Thanks and congrats on getting an early copy. My 360 version will be here Sat by noon.
    When you create your golfer, go to Invite Friends & Earn XP, you'll hit Y or Triangle and your points will transfer over.

I only played the demo a couple times (I just don't play demos much).....so to me, there are not any glaring differences.

I also have the game, so feel free to ask any questions.

Played a few rounds online last night, a little bit of the skills challenge, and also round one of Play the Pros.

I'm enjoying the XP system as well as the Focus meter. If you are someone who likes to use boost, spin, every hole (like I am) you better be having a good round or else learn to pace when you use it. It definitely increases the strategy involved.

Hit a Hole in One on the third hole of Sawgrass. Felt really good (naturally)!

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    I also have the game, so feel free to ask any questions.

Played a few rounds online last night, a little bit of the skills challenge, and also round one of Play the Pros.

I'm enjoying the XP system as well as the Focus meter. If you are someone who likes to use boost, spin, every hole (like I am) you better be having a good round or else learn to pace when you use it. It definitely increases the strategy involved.

Hit a Hole in One on the third hole of Sawgrass. Felt really good (naturally)!
    Thats great to hear about the Ace. Was that with True Aim or the stadard aiming system?
    I've been reading some comments over at the EA forums by those who also have the game and one really has me worried that this game is as easy as 10. Playing Scottsdale during an unranked match, one person beat the other one 47 to 48. Thats ridiculous ! So much for playing online and having any chance to compete. Those who get the game early get a huge advantage to those who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by shaunjuan2000 View Post
    Thats great to hear about the Ace. Was that with True Aim or the stadard aiming system?
    I've been reading some comments over at the EA forums by those who also have the game and one really has me worried that this game is as easy as 10. Playing Scottsdale during an unranked match, one person beat the other one 47 to 48. Thats ridiculous ! So much for playing online and having any chance to compete. Those who get the game early get a huge advantage to those who don't.
    I think regardless of what they do, there are going to be people who are just good. Especially in the beginner difficulty where your focus meter does not really get drained as bad. Basically if you're looking for a competitive challenge, Tour Pro, and True View are where to go. Beginner difficulty is always going to have the expert leaderboard chasers that will shoot low scores.

I was playing on standard. Only played True Aim on that part of the tutorial, but may give it another run today as completing a round under par on True Aim is a trophy.

I am on Amateur right now and shot -11 on the first round of the Play the Pros last night, but that is set to Beginner, IIRC. I'm also interested in seeing how scores on the higher difficulties drop. Hopefully the unrealistic scores are a thing of the past, but never underestimate the will of a gamer to figure out ways to succeed.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    I think regardless of what they do, there are going to be people who are just good. Especially in the beginner difficulty where your focus meter does not really get drained as bad. Basically if you're looking for a competitive challenge, Tour Pro, and True View are where to go. Beginner difficulty is always going to have the expert leaderboard chasers that will shoot low scores.
    Oh, I agree JB with your point. There will always be great players. To me, TP is the way to go. But I would guess by the time Tuesday rolls around, you'll see -25 being shot on TP as well. Thats why Play the Pros is the only online mode I play. At least I have a chance to win.

Are any online tournaments running? Are they using true aim and such for the online tourneys this year? Because as Shaun is bringing up, the tourneys last year weren't even fun when people were shooting 30 under par.

I was playing on standard. Only played True Aim on that part of the tutorial, but may give it another run today as completing a round under par on True Aim is a trophy.

I am on Amateur right now and shot -11 on the first round of the Play the Pros last night, but that is set to Beginner, IIRC. I'm also interested in seeing how scores on the higher difficulties drop. Hopefully the unrealistic scores are a thing of the past, but never underestimate the will of a gamer to figure out ways to succeed.
    I thought in Play the Pros you had a choice betweem AM or TP? If not, looks like I'll strictly be an offline player. My average PTP scores are 3 to 4 under par, cause I use TP difficulty and I never play the AM one. If I want to shoot arcade golf, I'll play HSG.

Quote Originally Posted by UGA14 View Post
    Are any online tournaments running? Are they using true aim and such for the online tourneys this year? Because as Shaun is bringing up, the tourneys last year weren't even fun when people were shooting 30 under par.
    My point EXACTLY ! I want to play for fun For those who are so good at Amateur, try TP and see where you fare. If you are such great players, you'd grow some and move uo to TP. Over at EA forums, EAGolfTim is on TP with 52% power and other Atts are average and he's having a hard time breaking par on TP. There's a good sign.

I thought in Play the Pros you had a choice betweem AM or TP? If not, looks like I'll strictly be an offline player. My average PTP scores are 3 to 4 under par, cause I use TP difficulty and I never play the AM one. If I want to shoot arcade golf, I'll play HSG.
    I will double check on that. I thought in the PTP the only one listed now is Beginner, but maybe they haven't posted the AM or TP difficulty events since the game isn't officially out yet.

I will double check on that. I thought in the PTP the only one listed now is Beginner, but maybe they haven't posted the AM or TP difficulty events since the game isn't officially out yet.
    Thats cool. What is the best looking course on the game? I am looking forward to playing Liberty National and Whistling Straits.

Played Liberty National last night and it looked pretty good. Sawgrass great as always...I'll try and give some new courses a whirl and see if anything stands out. The team does a good job and everything looks pretty sharp.

Quote Originally Posted by UGA14 View Post
    Today there is a daily True Aim tourney.

Well we are still a few days from release, so they're just kinda putting a couple out here and there to test since not that many people have the game. The online matches I played with CDJ and CCC last night, there were only 8, now 11 people on the online leaderboard.

Once the game releases, we'll have the full set of tourneys out there for amateur and tour pro.

One thing I need to do (something I forgot to do at the Tiger 11 Community Day) is compare Pebble Beach on Tiger 10 and Tiger 11. There are supposed to be some changes since they are hosting the U.S. Open this year.

Based on feedback I am seeing, I'll be playing all True Aim Tour Pro tournaments, True Aim Play the Pros and my career in True Aim. It seeems like thats the way to go if you want a challenge EA TW developers must not play golf for real, or think all PGA Tour pros shoot -18 each round. I guess the slogan is, "if its in the game, its NOT in the game!" They should call it Tiger Woods Hot Shots Golf.

Maybe John Daly Prostroke Golf will be more "sim".
    Last edited by shaunjuan2000; 06-04-2010 at 03:21 PM.

Based on feedback I am seeing, I'll be playing all True Aim Tour Pro tournaments, True Aim Play the Pros and my career in True Aim. It seeems like thats the way to go if you want a challenge EA TW developers must not play golf for real, or think all PGA Tour pros shoot -18 each round. I guess the slogan is, "if its in the game, its NOT in the game!" They should call it Tiger Woods Hot Shots Golf.

Maybe John Daly Prostroke Golf will be more "sim".
    I do know that they are golfers for real firsthand. It's a difficult balance to keep the majority happy though.

Yeah unfortunately hardcore sims are not popular and when you find one you need to keep it, in ANY game genre. The best racing game I've ever played was NASCAR Racing 2003 Season by Papyrus... eventually EA scooped up the NASCAR license, that was the last game they ever made and EA's games sucked so bad they quit making them.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    I do know that they are golfers for real firsthand. It's a difficult balance to keep the majority happy though.
    I understand its a difficult balance. But they need to make AM for those who loves 30 under par scores and 400 yard drives and 250 yard holeouts and make TP where its hard to break par, win career events, and to get the ball within 20 feet of the pin. If you can shoot 40's in TP , then quit playing. Kinda gets boring, doesn't it?

Just got my copy a while ago and was wondering can a Gamerface on file from TW10 be used with TW11? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Flightwhite39 View Post
    Just got my copy a while ago and was wondering can a Gamerface on file from TW10 be used with TW11? Thanks
    Yep. The game pulls up all pics you have ever uploaded to GameFace. I'm still using my pic from TW09.

I'm anxious to hear your thoughts on the game as well. What system are you on?