Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tiger Woods 11 Impressions Q&A (Game in hand)

• Facebook
  • Display

Tiger Woods 11 Impressions Q&A (Game in hand)

Hey CDJ/JB,

I'll answer almost all questions regarding Tiger Woods 11 in here throughout the day/week for those who don't have it yet.

Last edited by DavePSU; 06-02-2010 at 10:31 AM.

Training Session was pretty cool and the XP system is great. Love how it distributes...people will abuse this though if you're allowed to do the "auto-buy" everything again this year.

Pro Shop is broken down into subcategories now which is awesome.

Challenges are decently fun this year. EA has always done a good job of changing them up enough to enjoy playing through them without getting bored. Obviously loading between each challenge sucks though when the challenges can be completed in like 20 seconds.

Season Mode question.

How many tournaments each year, and are they played on the same course year after year. If there are 17 courses and each one is played once, that would mean 85 events, then you'd have to start over.

Quote Originally Posted by shaunjuan2000 View Post
    How many tournaments each year, and are they played on the same course year after year. If there are 17 courses and each one is played once, that would mean 85 events, then you'd have to start over.
    There are 21 Events through each season and each event is at the same course each year.

Quote Originally Posted by DavePSU View Post
    There are 21 Events through each season and each event is at the same course each year.
    Thats not too bad. 105 total events. Is the Ryder Cup each year or correctly done every other year? What is the first event of the year? Is it a champions event? And one final thing, are the events all unlocked, or are there minimum qualifications, other than those for the FedEx Cup?

Each event can only be played by completing the previous event (which makes sense, lol).... The Ryder Cup option is there from the start, not sure if it's every other year or not because I'd have to play through multiple seasons to find out and I'm not looking to do that right now, lol.

Each event can only be played by completing the previous event (which makes sense, lol).... The Ryder Cup option is there from the start, not sure if it's every other year or not because I'd have to play through multiple seasons to find out and I'm not looking to do that right now, lol.
    Not sure what version it was in last, but there were tournaments that said, "must be in top 30 in earnings to compete in this event" or 'must win 2 events to unlock this major". I wouldn't want you to go and play multiple seasons, cause you would not be able to answer our questions. What courses are included in the FedEx Cup ? I know TPC Bosto and East Lake, but Cog Hill used to hold the BMW Championship and last year Liberty National hosted the Barclays.

Not sure what version it was in last, but there were tournaments that said, "must be in top 30 in earnings to compete in this event" or 'must win 2 events to unlock this major". I wouldn't want you to go and play multiple seasons, cause you would not be able to answer our questions. What courses are included in the FedEx Cup ? I know TPC Bosto and East Lake, but Cog Hill used to hold the BMW Championship and last year Liberty National hosted the Barclays.
    From the menu screens, I don't see any of those requirements needed for tournaments.

During the Dev chat they said 16 courses were on the disc. The Ea forum listed 17 courses. Would you check again and if needed re-list them?

During the Dev chat they said 16 courses were on the disc. The Ea forum listed 17 courses. Would you check again and if needed re-list them?
    I have 17 on the disc, just re-counted...it's 18 when you purchase The Highlands.

I have 17 on the disc, just re-counted...it's 18 when you purchase The Highlands.
    I preordered mine at GS so I'll get Doral. Since EA hasn't added the DLC yet, cause its probably too early, I guess it would be hard to see if DLC can be used for create a course. I know its not available for career mode.

Ok, all my questions are done. Thanks and I'll continue to monitor all the forums for your impressions. These next 6 days will be torture. You are one lucky person. Have fun and ENJOY!
    Last edited by shaunjuan2000; 06-02-2010 at 01:24 PM.

Thanks for taking questions Dave. I've got a couple for you:

Are there any new competition types on Gamernet, like maybe 18 or 72 hole tournaments involving multiple players?

If you've played a career mode tournament round, is there any hint of an option to play your round with one of the licensed Pros in the game?

Oh, one more... can you turn the blue tracer off in True Aim?

Thanks a million for your help today Dave! It sounds like I will have Tiger 11 also tomorrow. This is a busy busy week, but I will be getting some gameplay in, look for my thoughts sometime this weekend.

@SyDonia

I didn't see any opportunity to play a career with anyone but your pro golfer and I didn't see an option to play your round with a pro golfer as your partner.

I don't use True Aim, but I'll check to see if that is an option or not.

I've got it now too!

Kev5890 and MPDamon at TheSportsGameGuy.com have the game as well. Here's a couple quick vids from Kev5890.

@SyDonia

I didn't see any opportunity to play a career with anyone but your pro golfer and I didn't see an option to play your round with a pro golfer as your partner.

I don't use True Aim, but I'll check to see if that is an option or not.
    Thanks Dave... I wish they could do something to make it feel like I wasn't just playing my career tournament rounds by myself. Heck, I'd settle for playing with "simultaneous play" tracers to at least give me a clue of what the AI player(s) with whom I'm playing were doing.

I anticipate that I'll be playing in True Aim, Tour Pro dailies quite a bit, thus my question about the solid blue shot tracers. I just consider them to be over the top, although I would like to have the short white, comet trails we now have with Presentation camera.

Can anyone comment on how the XP points from the demo translated over to there retail copy? Also is there any noticeable difference between the demo and the retail version even if it is minimal? Thanks and congrats on getting an early copy. My 360 version will be here Sat by noon.