Thread: The State of Gaming & NCAA Football in 2010

• Facebook
  • Display

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    some of us are old enough to remember THESE as kids...

historyfootball_embed003.jpg

historyfootball_embed004.jpg

historyfootball_embed007.jpg

so when graphics are updated, i dont complain... with that being said... the same thing can be spoken about gameplay... how many jukes do you think were pulled off in any of those three systems? how many blitzes? how many real plays for that matter? lol

the point is, development in both graphics and gameplay is vital to the advancement, and playability of the game. neither is more important than the other, as we would just crucify them for one or the other if they pushed the envelop in one area more than the other in one installment...

if the game looked like this:

but played like this:

you would be a liar to say that you wouldnt be flooding these forums, and their forums, with outbursts that demand a better look for your players... and some of the quotes would read, "we can successfully pull off a zone read these days, why cant we get players that dont look like they are made out of legos?"

its all relative, and subjective... so EA and anyone else over time will be the bad guy... always... until (GOD FORBID) the day comes through some twisted fate of events that we may not have a football game to play... then we would rethink our complaints, and our desires for upgrades as consumers...

its not that i "side" with EA, or take up for them, but i just know where we come from as most of you also know, and i see where we are... and its a whole other world from what i ever thought i would see in a video game... and if you look at it through say for example my fathers eyes, who remembers the days of a family owning only one tv set in the household, you will find someone who cant believe what you see in some games, and used to mistake my old PS2 games back in high school as "real games on tv"... and would try to find out who i was watching so he could put it on in the family room...

relative, subjective... all in perception...

i for one am glad for what we have, do i get aggravated? you bet your pants... do i ever want to stop buying the game? you bet your pants... will i ever stop buying the game? if you want to lose your pants, you can try betting them again... b/c with all things being relative, and subjective, even to a tight-knit group of "simulation" guys such as the ones on this site, you are still going to find a different desire for the game based on the individual passion for the game... and at this moment in my nearly 31 years, from what i see in NCAA 11, i see small tweaks, as to how the game could be perfect for me, but i know that some day my son who is now 7, will be playing on a PS5 or XBOX "720" (? lol just something off the top of my head), and the game will be probably be holographic, and be in 3D as it is on the TV screens of today, but will immerse you in the game totally... and i will look back and say... one day we used to push buttons, i used to be on a forum where we traded ideas and rosters over the internet... only to be laughed at and told that only old people use controllers...

ahhh... technology... oh how it dates us, even before we get "old"

"E"
    Last edited by xGRIDIRONxGURUx; 06-03-2010 at 08:52 AM.