Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: NCAA Football 12 Pre-order Bonuses

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    What would you guys consider to be a good pre-order bonus?
    - Physical items such as a poster of the game's cover or maybe a free hat like MLB: The Show has done recently
    - In terms of DLC, I'd like to see old school stadiums such as the Orange Bowl, Pitt Stadium

Cool, was gonna pre-order anyway cuz me and a couple friends have had a midnight release tradition going for a few years now.

I'm actually a uni-fan. The more the merrier. I usually pick dynasty teams based on unis.

I think a good pre-order bonus would maybe be a blu-ray (or DVD for the 360 guys) of the past NCAA Football Season in review

Quote Originally Posted by SpreadOption View Post
    Cool, was gonna pre-order anyway cuz me and a couple friends have had a midnight release tradition going for a few years now.

I'm actually a uni-fan. The more the merrier. I usually pick dynasty teams based on unis.

Welcome to the boards SpreadOption and congrats on your first post!!

JB I like that idea, that would be fun to watch. CDJ, old school stadiums would be sweet too.

I'm not saying these are necessarily bad, they just don't do anything for me. Now if they were handing out additional TB slots...

EDIT: old school stadiums would be awesome as well.

An interesting post on this subject over at OS:

my $60 bucks SHOULD EQUATE to PRO-COMBAT UNIs without having to preorder that ish! like i said before, i hate gamestop, and will never support them. PLUS, i get my game a week early at a swapmeet. wtf EA.
    I smiled when I read that...until I started to think about it.

If you wanted to encourage people to avoid retailers who sell the game early, can you think of a better way to do so than by making uni's than many people consider highly desirable an exclusive of the one company that never, ever breaks street dates?

I'm not one to say what my $60 pays for. I would think my $60 pays for the home and away uniforms and anything besides that is just a bonus but it appears that I'm in the minority thinking that.

I'd rather see pre-order bonuses that give you something tangible (hat, poster, blue ray). I'm not a fan of getting more/less game based on when/where I bought it.

"If it's in the game... it's in the game"***

*** Getting it in your game subject to retail pre-order. Certain features will only be made available to areas with high retail sales or campuses from which EA employees attended college. Terms and restrictions may apply. A successful season may not directly lead to a higher roster ratings for the same reasons listed above. Playing online might lead to increased heart rate, stress, and feelings of anger.

Quote Originally Posted by ArkHogs View Post
    "momentum-based collision and tackling system that allows you to control a player through the moment of impact."
    I'm hoping it means no more 200 pound backs trucking a 300 pound lineman.
    I'm hoping weight is a completely random generated number that has almost no impact. The weight of the recruits should be tied to the attributes of the player - at least loosely. After looking at a full recruit of players from the PC guys, the weight was 100% random. It makes no sense to have a 180 power back and 230 pound quick backs. OL and DL would have random generated abilities and a weight that would have NOTHING to do with them. They have to tie recruit weights to ratings to a degree.

#1 a < $60 price tag.

#2 the ability to commish as many ODs as you want - mostly so i just can commish my own OD and run my offline dynasty as an OD as well.

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    #1 a < $60 price tag.

#2 the ability to commish as many ODs as you want - mostly so i just can commish my own OD and run my offline dynasty as an OD as well.
    #2 is a really good one.

#2 is a really good one.
    Meh. I've always been more of a bottom line guy. If Amazon gives me $10-$25 bucks off I'll go that route. I've never purchased any DLC as I just figure if there isn't enough game at full retail price I probably shouldn't have bought the game.

That being said little "silly" things like the Augusta Putter I got for TW are o.k. but in the end my decision making process is largely determined by $

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    #1 a < $60 price tag.

I like this one.

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    -
    - In terms of DLC, I'd like to see old school stadiums such as the Orange Bowl, Pitt Stadium
    I was just going to post this. The Orange Bowl has been torn down to make room for the new Marlins stadium, so I rather doubt anyone owns the rights to the Orange Bowl now since it's... you know... no longer in existence. If the Orange Bowl were in Team Builder that would be my stadium. Would also love to see Arrowhead Stadium back in the game because MU and KU play there every year and ISU played KSU there last year and that's another stadium that could be added to TB.

BestBuy has a pre-order bonus up on their website, presumably relating to Road to Glory:
    Exclusive Five Star Quarterbacks

Your Five Star Quarterback can go from unknown to the most sought-after prospect in the nation. The top schools in the country aren't going to look your way if you are not an elite prospect.

While supplies last, when you order NCAA Football 12, you will get a code to access the Best Buy exclusive Five Star Quarterbacks. Access code will arrive in the package with the game.
    As well, this description of the game is included
    Synopsis
    Saturday. To some, it's a day off from work, a day to sleep in, a day to kick back. For you, Saturday is what you train for all week. It's the day that defines whether you'll be celebrated as the new hero of the campus — or the biggest letdown in town. The day when your most heated rival will be laid to rest — or trample on your pride. It's gameday. And in the fierce world of college football, it's more than just a game — it's a way of life. Do you have what it takes to go back to school and bring glory to your campus on the field?

Climb into your school colors and hit the stadium for the most authentic college football experience yet in NCAA Football 12. This year, the traditions are more intense, the celebrations are rowdier and the school pride has never been so real. Live the pain, glory, action and grit of Saturday any day of the week as you take the competition to the 50-yard line against your fiercest rivals. Make an impact on the field as you lead your team down the road to the National Championship and learn what old-school football glory really means.

Features
    Feel the hits, experience the thrills and revel in the glory of college football
    Suit up in the college colors of your choice and take the field as a NCAA athlete in the most authentic college football experience to date
    Enhanced in-game presentation brings the excitement of Saturday's game to life with all-new traditions and school-specific crowd celebrations
    Take on your school's most heated rival in intense matchups
    Go for the glory on the road to the National Championship
    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/NCAA+Foo...2012&lp=1&cp=1
    Last edited by gschwendt; 04-25-2011 at 02:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    BestBuy has a pre-order bonus up on their website, presumably relating to Road to Glory:

while this may be true. It just seems so very silly

I wonder if it's worth it to wait for more preorder bonuses. I mean if everyone has a bonus, shouldn't you wait to preorder until you know which bonus would be most worth it?

I'm interested in buying a digital download if it means getting it early. I don't care if I couldn't trade it in as I get less than $10 the next year anyway. Getting the game early would be sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    I'm interested in buying a digital download if it means getting it early. I don't care if I couldn't trade it in as I get less than $10 the next year anyway. Getting the game early would be sweet.
    If I had a big enough hard drive, I would be more interested in that too. As cool as it is to have the case, all the cases I have laying around are more suspectable to getting crushed.