Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Forum Feedback - June 2010

• Facebook
  • Display

Forum Feedback - June 2010

We'll have a new one each month, open for all to give feedback.

If we missed something in the previous month's thread, post again here. Feedback can be anything, ranging from smilies to new content idea, etc. Feel free to PM if you don't want to post an idea publicly.

Thanks again to all of the Tailgaters for their contributions. We're still kinda "in beta" right now with the TGT, but we're almost 100 strong already!

Just break the NDA and people will flock over here like crazy! C'mon, admit that accelerated clock is in the game and spill the beans on the new features.

We are currently updating our usergroups and permissions, so ignore anything weird for the next 30-60 minutes.

Usergroups and permissions have been updated. If you see anything weird, please post it here.

We'll be going live with our Usergroup permissions and detailing Donator perks shortly. That info can be found on the main page under the 'Support the Gaming Tailgate' tab.

Just curious how to access signatures? That probably comes with a specific post count or am I missing something in the user cp?

Quote Originally Posted by Kev5890 View Post
    Just curious how to access signatures? That probably comes with a specific post count or am I missing something in the user cp?
    Only Donators can edit their signatures.

currently when I try to go to the main home page, i get

"Solidice, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation"

Solidice - How about now?

yup, works now.

Quote Originally Posted by Solidice View Post
    yup, works now.
    Great, thanks for the heads-up on that.

Can you provide a breakdown of how many posts are needed to progress through the permissions levels? I don't generally post a whole lot, but I already miss the "What's New" quick search functionality. Thanks! The site definitely has a ton of potential, and I'm looking forward to watching it grow.

Is this a NCAA forum or is it for all sports gaming?

Also wanted to mention you should make new users able to send PMs only to administrators. If they have any questions, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ebin View Post
    Can you provide a breakdown of how many posts are needed to progress through the permissions levels? I don't generally post a whole lot, but I already miss the "What's New" quick search functionality. Thanks! The site definitely has a ton of potential, and I'm looking forward to watching it grow.
    So the What's New doesn't show up for you? It should be there for all regardless of level so if it's not there, let me know.

We want to keep some of the levels a surprise as people move up, but going from a Recruit to a Freshman takes 7 days of being a member and 15 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by ChiCitySports View Post
    Also wanted to mention you should make new users able to send PMs only to administrators. If they have any questions, etc.
    Recruits 'should' be able to send PMs to all, but with an inbox of 10. Is it not letting you send any or are you just suggesting they can only send to admins?

Keep the feedback and thoughts coming. Being in the admin level, we don't see the site the same way you guys do so you are our real eyes.

Is this a NCAA forum or is it for all sports gaming?
    NCAA Football is the focus first and foremost, but we definitely will encourage and have lots of discussions on other games. We know people tend to play several (if not many) games, so we want this to be the place to be but we won't forget or bury the main focus of the site.

Was there a split or separation from Utopia? I used to post on there back in the day and it seems like a bunch of the same folks. With some of the big whigs from over there this place has a good route to success.

Also I tried to PM you to ask about the previous part of this post. It let me PM JBHuskers but not you.

Was there a split or separation from Utopia? I used to post on there back in the day and it seems like a bunch of the same folks. With some of the big whigs from over there this place has a good route to success.

Also I tried to PM you to ask about the previous part of this post. It let me PM JBHuskers but not you.
    To put it briefly, we had a difference in vision and goals and decided going our own way would be the best course of action for the community and also our personal goals & vision for the site.

I have no clue why it wouldn't let you PM me. I'll check into that - that's weird. Thanks for the heads-up on all this.

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    So the What's New doesn't show up for you? It should be there for all regardless of level so if it's not there, let me know.

We want to keep some of the levels a surprise as people move up, but going from a Recruit to a Freshman takes 7 days of being a member and 15 posts.
    Nope. When I click on What's New, I get the same message Solidice listed in #8 (ebin, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
    1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.)

This is a great feature; I'd love to be able to take advantage of it. I can definitely understand wanting to keep some of the levels a mystery, but thanks for posting the threshold for getting to Freshman.

"What's New" is giving me the same message.