Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Powerhouse OD & NCAA 12 Discussion

• Facebook
  • Display
    The question about that is how many conferences are we going to use? If we all go to one conference, we will play so many user games it would be almost pointless since you control the whole team.

Quote Originally Posted by Oneback View Post
    Now that information has been released for dynasty. What are everyones thoughts on starting off as a coordinator? What level whould everyone like to start at?
    I'm out of the loop. What do u mean?

Quote Originally Posted by RcSinger View Post
    I'm out of the loop. What do u mean?
    In this year's version you can choose to be a OC or DC and work your way to a head coaching job. You only control your side of the ball though.

Now that information has been released for dynasty. What are everyones thoughts on starting off as a coordinator? What level whould everyone like to start at?
    I think we would have to set some rules before a decision could be made. For example can you jump ship as soon as you have a job offer? Especially if we do lower level teams it would kind of suck if someone got hired within the 1st 2 years as a HC at a major program but everyone else was still at a midtier, I know JB just gave an example of how it took him 6 years to get a HC job at a major school.

Also agree with Ryby that if we do a super conference then the coordinator thing is kind of moot since you play both sides against users.

Wouldn't that get monotonous though if you choose OC and you play against a grind it out team that makes long drives that your AI counterpart DC cannot stop?

Quote Originally Posted by RcSinger View Post
    Wouldn't that get monotonous though if you choose OC and you play against a grind it out team that makes long drives that your AI counterpart DC cannot stop?
    As an OC you will play as your team when you have the ball, however when your team is on defense the game will supersim until the next change of possession.

As an OC you will play as your team when you have the ball, however when your team is on defense the game will supersim until the next change of possession.
    To be clear, you do have the option of watching while the defense is on the field, however you don't have any control over what they do.

Quote Originally Posted by ryby6969 View Post
    The question about that is how many conferences are we going to use? If we all go to one conference, we will play so many user games it would be almost pointless since you control the whole team.
    Depends, let's say you are an OC and Papa is a DC, when you two play you can "play the game" when you are on offense and Papa on defense, when you are on defense and Papa is on offense it would turn into coach mode rules where you can either choose the play and let the CPU run it or choose the play based on the "Ask Corso" feature.

i might want to play around with it some when the game is released to see how fun or not fun it is to be a DC (seems like if your team stinks it could be shaky since i would guess your progress as DC is based on statistics)...

I wouldn't mind doing 2 ODs either, one like regular and one with a OC/DC at a mid major or something like that either.

Would there be a required number of OC/DC?

actually reading about this stuff, starting at a crappy school as a coordinator might be really fun and give a fresh take on how we do the OD...the 6* prestige teams we end up at (in like year 7 maybe or something) would sort of be chosen by us but also be an accomplishment as well...of course i will nerdrage on anyone who goes to FSU

Quote Originally Posted by Kingpin32 View Post
    Would there be a required number of OC/DC?
    I wouldn't care if everyone eneded up on one side or the other.

Quote Originally Posted by psuexv View Post
    Still doesn't really change anything.
    Yeah ... again, you're wrong Didn't we have this discussion last week, about how I'm right and you're wrong?

It changes a lot of things.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

I am down for whatever I guess. The problem with starting at lower level schools is if it takes 5-6 years to land a HC position at a "Powerhouse" school, next years game will almost be out and you would not really get to move up.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    Yeah ... again, you're wrong Didn't we have this discussion last week, about how I'm right and you're wrong?

It changes a lot of things.
    If anything it only strengthens the fact of a superconference. You mother really must have feed your ego as a kid

Quote Originally Posted by psuexv View Post
    If anything it only strengthens the fact of a superconference. You mother really must have feed your ego as a kid
    Ha, far from it.

It doesn't really guarantee anything. The flexibility of the custom conference system allows us to modify everything, practically on the fly. That eliminates a lot of the problems we've had with picking conferences in the past.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Quote Originally Posted by ryby6969 View Post
    I am down for whatever I guess. The problem with starting at lower level schools is if it takes 5-6 years to land a HC position at a "Powerhouse" school, next years game will almost be out and you would not really get to move up.
    My initial thought was starting with a 3-star team.

I'm on board with this, and as Oneback just said about starting as a 3star team he can actually as the commish put a cap on the highest allowed rating of a team we can choose from. I wouldn't mind starting up and seeing how far I can get.

The rules are going to have to be clear though, like when is the allowable jump to a head coach or how big of a jump. I mean if FSU comes knocking that first season can I take them just to get under Prime's skin a little? Hahah

All kidding aside I'm going to be running an online dynasty again this year but I have no clue yet how or what we should do with it. I'm going to wait and see how this and SBCOL chooses to go and make a decision from there.

As I said, I am willing to try whatever. It is definitely not my first choice, but I will go with the majority.