Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 12: The Masters Thoughts & General Impressions Thread

• Facebook
  • Display
    Anyone else notice that if your caddy doesn't suggest it then you can't use it?

What I mean by that is in the past if you were just off the green in the fringe.. you could use your putter if you wanted to try putting it. Of course every shot back then was a custom shot but now you cant use your putter unless your caddy suggested it in one of his shots.

That actually makes a lot of sense Skip.. I noticed this the other day when playing our TGA rounds and was bitching to Snoop that I couldn't putt from the fringe. If I customized I should be able to do whatever shot I like.

Quote Originally Posted by psuexv View Post
    That actually makes a lot of sense Skip.. I noticed this the other day when playing our TGA rounds and was bitching to Snoop that I couldn't putt from the fringe. If I customized I should be able to do whatever shot I like.
    Completely agree with this. I was shocked you couldn't putt that. You were just on the fringe and it looked rather straight forward on everything. Not much break, not much incline, not much fringe.

Finished the US Open last night in a tie for 1st and we didn't go to a playoff I got credit for winning... but that seemed dumb that we didn't do a playoff.

Yeah, that's an issue a couple of us have come across. I ended up in a tie for a tournament my first year, and I was instantly awarded the win. Hopefully whatever wish lists for Tiger 13 that have been passed along the the developers, have all included having a playoff for ties at the end of tournaments.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Yeah, that's an issue a couple of us have come across. I ended up in a tie for a tournament my first year, and I was instantly awarded the win. Hopefully whatever wish lists for Tiger 13 that have been passed along the the developers, have all included having a playoff for ties at the end of tournaments.

I completely agree, and while mentioning it it should also show the other golfer/s with you hitting their shots as well.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Funny thing is. I was doing the sponsor challenge for Royal Melbourne last night where you have to putt against Rhyes Davies. We split the first round and went to a sudden death putt off

Quote Originally Posted by psusnoop View Post

I completely agree, and while mentioning it it should also show the other golfer/s with you hitting their shots as well.
    Agreed. I'd also love to see them include an option to play your rounds each tournament with your playing partner and having it show him hitting his shots, just like it plays out when you battle Tiger Woods for the #1 ranking. Make it an option to turn on or off so people who don't want it don't have to play with it. But I'd like to try it. Might make things even longer on the course, but it'd add a nice little bit of realism to the game. And the base code for it would be there, since they already have it coded to have you watch Tiger make his shots during the #1 battle.

Quote Originally Posted by psuexv View Post
    Funny thing is. I was doing the sponsor challenge for Royal Melbourne last night where you have to putt against Rhyes Davies. We split the first round and went to a sudden death putt off
    Yeah, I've had that a couple times on sponsor challenges. We don't have any playoffs in the actual tournaments, but we have sudden deaths in sponsor challenges.

I remember the days when you had to watch each person hit their shot. It would take almost two hours just to complete one round. Easily could spend 5 hours or so playing golf, but it was cool because atleast 4 people were always playing. Thought it was the coolest thing in the world when you could simultaneously play in a group.

Yeah, it would definitely take a long time, but it can be a lot of fun to watch them hit their shots and try to hit a better shot or watch them make a putt for birdie or something and try to match or beat them, etc. It just adds to the realism and adds to the challenge, seeing exactly what they do and knowing what you have to do.

Quote Originally Posted by skipwondah33 View Post
    I remember the days when you had to watch each person hit their shot. It would take almost two hours just to complete one round. Easily could spend 5 hours or so playing golf, but it was cool because atleast 4 people were always playing. Thought it was the coolest thing in the world when you could simultaneously play in a group.
    You can actually do this I believe now. When you are setting up an online match you don't pick simultaneous play. I actually suggested doing this for the last round of the Tour Championship.

That isn't a bad idea. The pressure on each shot would be really fun.

Ace #7 of Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 12. Only 18 more to go for that hardest pin in the case.

Started getting back into Tiger Woods 12 over the past couple weeks after not playing it since October. Just hit Ace #18 on the 7th hole at TPC Scottsdale. Only 7 more to go for that 25 Aces pin.